Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chainsaw? we dont need no chainsaw!

just had to share this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkuG_RTS15I

Re: chainsaw? we dont need no chainsaw!

Some people just refuse to call in the professionals. Now he has to spend big $$$ on getting the pickup fixed and I bet there will be some serious medical bills too.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
      Some people just refuse to call in the professionals. Now he has to spend big $$$ on getting the pickup fixed and I bet there will be some serious medical bills too.
      From the looks of it I don't think there will be any fixing of that pickup. Wonder why he didn't take a longer drift with the line? Was he hoping to drop it right in the bed and drive off? If there weren't so many on lookers he could have waited for a good storm and called his homeowner's insurance to report "Storm Damage".

Comment

TOO Funny!

It doesn't take a whole heck of a lot of education to drop a tree right where you want it, and even less to measure the height and determine how much room it's going to take up horizontally. Apparently these guys didn't have either!

What in the heck were they thinking??? Apparentlly nothing. Even after it was down, there wasn't much of reaction... just sort of walk around and try to comprehend what happened.

CWS

Comment

I really wonder if they were actually trying to bring down the tree or just somehow straighten it out. Even a chimp with learning disabilities would have figured out with such a short line the pickup would not clear the tree once it came down. The reaction afterwards is even more amusing. They just stand there like nothing happened. Lucky for the driver it looks like the steering wheel is on the right because his head would have been crushed like a tomato on the left.
          Last edited by Velosapien; 03-17-2008, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Not only is the cable too short, but the front of the truck was right up against the wall. I guess these guys also don't know about escape routes when felling trees.

Comment

well, wasn't that amusing! you just can't make up how stupid some people are and how little they know about mechanics and physics.
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Maybe a half dozen guys there, not one of them thought to mention the tree was a lil' too tall for the truck to clear.
                I betcha these guys run a "contracting" firm for new construction.

Comment

So...this is the kind of skill you get when you offshore your support. Explains a lot of the calls I get from disgruntled Dell owners!
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                    TOO Funny!

It doesn't take a whole heck of a lot of education to drop a tree right where you want it, and even less to measure the height and determine how much room it's going to take up horizontally. Apparently these guys didn't have either!

What in the heck were they thinking??? Apparentlly nothing. Even after it was down, there wasn't much of reaction... just sort of walk around and try to comprehend what happened.

CWS
                    I lost $20.00 to my uncle one time when he dropped a 50' oak on the bill.

Comment

Working...
                    X