Fuel Prices - High and Low Price Areas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Prices - High and Low Price Areas

As of today, March 19, 2008, California is said to have the highest at the pump fuel prices. Regular grade gasoline averaged at $3.619/gallon. Super averaged $3.916/gallon and Diesel fuel averaged at $4.111/gallon. Please note these are averaged for the state and are not actual pump prices which will be both lower and higher.

The states with the lowest average price is New Jersey where Regular gasoline averaged at $3.056/gallon, and Super at $3.400 but Diesel was lowest in Oklahoma at $3.840/gallon.

What are the prices in your area? Here in the central Maryland area prices are all over the place. A station 500 feet from another on the same road may be as much as 25 cents per gallon different from the other. I think it's time for some local price controls. People have to look around before pulling up to the pumps. Also, check the actual pump prices as road signs may not be up to date.

Re: Fuel Prices - High and Low Price Areas

Just returned to NE Tx on a six hundred+ mile trip to Central Tn -- one way.

I traveled Interstate Highway most of the way ..... I30 to Little Rock and I40 to Nashville.... return was the other side of the same roads <gggg>

Fuel (gasoline) varied in price from a low of 3.05 to a high of 3.19 for regular... I didn't pay much attention to the higher grade prices.
    Off the top of my head it seems that deisel was around 3.89 most all the way.

Gasoline has been fairly stable here in NE Tx the past ten days or so at 3.09 to 3.15........ dang, thasssss a LOT of dinero is it not?

I'm an old geezer ... way back when I went to Texas Tech I paid 19.9 to 24.9 all the way through school ..... sheeeeeesh.... to celebrate my upcoming graduation I bought a brand new Impala SS my senior year at Tech ... ordered it just like I wanted it .... $2800.... tax/tags/title/delivered

oh well .... glad I made it this long and so I won't gripe too much about prices..... LOL

Comment

Most parts of town I've seen today were $3.19 to $3.29 for gas and $4.19 to $4.29 for diesel.
      ________
      List of ceos of ford motor company
      Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 04:48 PM.
      Mike

Comment

"ordered it just like I wanted it .... $2800.... tax/tags/title/delivered "

The way its going you'll be paying that much for a fill up :-(

I bought my Low Rider brand new for $4200. What's a
        Harley go for now...over $20K? Dunno, haven't kept up with the prices as I don't ride any more.
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

in PA it is around 3.10 for reg
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

One chevron by my house, the closest station to my house of course, has it at $4.09 for regular. People are still buying it there.

Eli
            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Most high profile places in the city are $3.50-$3.75 some over $3.90 outside the beltway drops to $3.35-$3.55

Comment

Right near me there's a BP, CITGO and SUNOCO. The BP is always quite a bit higher than the other two. Normally the CITGO and SUNOCO try to match prices. What really gets me is that the BP charges 30 cents more for 89 Plus than Regular 89 but then only 8 cents more for Super 93. SUNOCO is 20 cents and then 10 cents and then 10 cents again as they sell 87, 89, 91 and 93 octane gasoline which I think most of us know is done from 87 and 93 with a mixing pump. The CITGO used to be EXXON and they sell the normal 3 grades. Their pricing is 20-22 cents more for 89 and then 10-11 more for super. Now if anyone has their brain in gear and has a car needing better than 87 why not just put in a few gallons of Super 93 and then fill up with Regular 87? You'll end up with what you want in your tank and save some $$$ to boot.

I'm lucky that what I drive only requires 87 regular grade and runs fine on it.

Message to Plumberscrack: Do not buy fuel in DC. Go over to VA or MD and look for a good price and fill up. That's if you get to MD or VA much of the time. No use in driving very far trying to save as it doesn't work. I'm sure you know what I'm saying.

To everyone: It really pays to look around if you're on a main highway. There are big differences in prices from one station to the next and sometimes a 1/4 mile can save you 25 cents/gallon if not even more. It's insane...
                Last edited by Woussko; 03-20-2008, 10:14 PM.

Comment

I gassed up the minivan yesterday here on Mindanao.Premium is now 47.7 pesos a liter so thats about $4.50 usd a gallon.Thats pretty rough on the people here as an average very good wage now is equal to $250.00 a month for the well educated.The plumber we hired to help repipe the in laws house got about $8 usd a day and his helper $4 a day.
                  Sam

Comment

San Diego $3.49

Comment

The price just dropped to $3.95! Whoo hoo! Ima fill up.

Eli

Comment

Doing some checking around for the first time ever I'm hearing truckers howl that Diesel fuel at truck stops is over $4.25/gallon and in some areas it's close to $4.50/gallon. This is with a 40 gallon minimum and you must pay with green cash. Credit cards = 10 cents per gallon added on service fees. They fear that by summer it will be over $5.00/gallon.

I predict that regular grade gasoline will be over $4.00/gallon in my area before long. If we all work hard on conserving we should be able to get 10% more out of a gallon. It takes some brain power, but we can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                          Doing some checking around for the first time ever I'm hearing truckers howl that Diesel fuel at truck stops is over $4.25/gallon and in some areas it's close to $4.50/gallon. This is with a 40 gallon minimum and you must pay with green cash. Credit cards = 10 cents per gallon added on service fees. They fear that by summer it will be over $5.00/gallon.

I predict that regular grade gasoline will be over $4.00/gallon in my area before long. If we all work hard on conserving we should be able to get 10% more out of a gallon. It takes some brain power, but we can do it.
                          Conserving is a good idea, but we need the prices to go below $2.00 across the board. Too many areas of our economy and way of life have been negatively impacted. It's all well and good for some folks here to be earning over $100.00 an hour but for most folks making $10 to 20 and hour these prices are devistating. We need viable alternative now and saving 10% or fifty cents a gallon when you are already stretched beyond your limit is not the answer. Our government does have a duty to the people and in order to fulfill that duty they may have to enact emergency legislaton of some kind. I'm glad some people here can make a joke of this serious situation, it shows how removed they are from the tragic reality of many Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            Conserving is a good idea, but we need the prices to go below $2.00 across the board. Too many areas of our economy and way of life have been negatively impacted. It's all well and good for some folks here to be earning over $100.00 an hour but for most folks making $10 to 20 and hour these prices are devistating. We need viable alternative now and saving 10% or fifty cents a gallon when you are already stretched beyond your limit is not the answer. Our government does have a duty to the people and in order to fulfill that duty they may have to enact emergency legislaton of some kind. I'm glad some people here can make a joke of this serious situation, it shows how removed they are from the tragic reality of many Americans.
                            Hmmm. Wonder how many people here voted for the oil man president and the Secretary of state with the oil tanker named after her and the VP with ties to the biggest contractor in a war that has them printing money. The war the three of them along with Donald Rumsfeild promised wouldn't take 6 months to be done? As long as it wasn't that crack-pot lib with his get off of foreign oil and big gas guzzling SUV platform?

No politics in this thread I noticed. This administration has either been absolutely inept, or lied, about everything. They have either been stealing billions and billions of dollars from tax payers, or mismanaged it into unprecedented debt for the nation. They have either let their former companies rip off you and me and every American who works hard and pays taxes or were too effing stupid to stop it. THAT is what is happening now. What am I supposed to do BUT laugh?

Sadly the reality of many Americans has them more worried about if homosexuals can ruin the word marriage (already with a 50% divorce rate, give me a break) or really, if some vapid pop singer has a fight with her baby daddy. THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW.

You want to be incredulous because it costs $100 to fill up? Well don't worry, we will all get our big whompin $600 "tax refund" that can go directly into the oil companies coffers. Lets just cut out the middle man and direct deposit it into their accounts. In the mean time we can focus on the Mexicans sneaking across the border and which candidate will pretend they will stop it.

Talk about chickens coming home to roost...

Eli

Comment

[QUOTE=woodenstickers;130479]Hmmm. Wonder how many people here voted for the oil man president and the Secretary of state with the oil tanker named after her and the VP with ties to the biggest contractor in a war that has them printing money. The war the three of them along with Donald Rumsfeild promised wouldn't take 6 months to be done? As long as it wasn't that crack-pot lib with his get off of foreign oil and big gas guzzling SUV platform?

No politics in this thread I noticed. This administration has either been absolutely inept, or lied, about everything. They have either been stealing billions and billions of dollars from tax payers, or mismanaged it into unprecedented debt for the nation. They have either let their former companies rip off you and me and every American who works hard and pays taxes or were too effing stupid to stop it. THAT is what is happening now. What am I supposed to do BUT laugh?

Sadly the reality of many Americans has them more worried about if homosexuals can ruin the word marriage (already with a 50% divorce rate, give me a break) or really, if some vapid pop singer has a fight with her baby daddy. THIS IS WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW.

You want to be incredulous because it costs $100 to fill up? Well don't worry, we will all get our big whompin $600 "tax refund" that can go directly into the oil companies coffers. Lets just cut out the middle man and direct deposit it into their accounts. In the mean time we can focus on the Mexicans sneaking across the border and which candidate will pretend they will stop it.

Talk about chickens coming home to roost...

Good observations. They are not stupid, they know exactly what they are doing! Making good Americans sound like traitors because they support our troops but not the war! Yes, you can do both. Now we are closing in on 4000 Americans dead and over 60,000 wounded. Close to one trillion dollars spent in iraq and yet we can't afford to secure our borders or provide healthcare. Meanwhile we ignore all this serious stuff and fall to pieces because janet jackson's breast was shown on tv. Wake up people a naked breast is not as serious as these other issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X