Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Unofficial" Garden Thread

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
    Garager,
    It's cool to visit with you about gardens and weather. You talk about 20-30 days that you might hit 80 degrees....we might have that many days in the summer when our overnight low might be 80 degrees!
    We're going to plant some cantaloupe, squash, okra, tomatoes, and peppers this year. probably try some peas, beans, and peppers, too.
    Cantaloupe, thats what I want to grow. Thanks for mentioning this, maybe it would have dawned on me later. Yep, I'm going to grow me some.

Ya its cool talking to someone on the southern side of the states. I used to live in Dallas and Houston, back in 80-81. I was just learning how to build homes back then, big homes at that. To dang hot for me, I like where I live right now.

I'm sure when I hit my 60's, I'll probably want to go south. But it sure would be nice of you to send some of that heat towards the north, I'm gettin' spring fever....
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I planted horseradish someone gave me last year. I did nothing but yet it grew like crazy. Nothing like fresh horseradish on your meat

We also have a Bartlett Pair tree (pyrus communis, painintheassforus) in the back yard. Previous owners had planted. The squirrels pillage every single pair long before they get ripe. They take 2 bites and throw them to the ground where the yellow jackets take over

Ok thats not really a garden thing I just wanted to fume about squirrels

Comment

Bill, you need one of these to help with your frustration.

http://www.airgundepot.com/880.html
        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

LOL Aaron,

a $46 dollar BB gun?

are you kidding me?

I would be outgunned by the squirrels here

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            LOL Aaron,

a $46 dollar BB gun?

are you kidding me?

I would be outgunned by the squirrels here
            Man the pears are going for almost a buck each, I would certainly do something about that scene. Come on Bill, get that rocking chair out and a beer next to you, and a high power air gun, then at night, a bowl of anti freeze can get the ones that you don't. As we get older, we need our sleep, eh....
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Garager, Take a look at Harbor Freight's web site. We picked up one of their greenhouses last year. Now the "boss" is in hog heaven. All aluminum with plastic insulating panels.
              Jim

Comment

I just got their recent catalog, so I'll do that. I think they may have opened up a store in Duluth, I'll have to research that also. So how does your green house stand up to the winds? You know, some day we need to get a cup of coffee, I know I'll be heading up your way, to play golf this summer. When I do, I'll PM you and we can go from there, sounds good????

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                  I just got their recent catalog, so I'll do that. I think they may have opened up a store in Duluth, I'll have to research that also. So how does your green house stand up to the winds? You know, some day we need to get a cup of coffee, I know I'll be heading up your way, to play golf this summer. When I do, I'll PM you and we can go from there, sounds good????
                  Sounds great!! By the way, I haven't heard--How did the "quit smoking" go?

Comment

6 months 21 days free, I still have a craving for one from time to time. But I'd have to say, I beat them. Thanks for asking...

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                      6 months 21 days free, I still have a craving for one from time to time. But I'd have to say, I beat them. Thanks for asking...
                      Kudos to you on that, Garager. If the craving kicks in every once and a while, use the Nicorette gum to help you through it - don't go back to the death sticks. I quit smoking myself August 15, 2002, after smoking at least a pack a day for about 10 or 11 years. Only had maybe 3 cigarettes since then (one of those "remembering old times" things), and not once have I desired to start up again. I do smoke a good Cuban cigar every once and a while (at the odd golf tourney, boys' night, BBQ party, etc.), but it's more of a pleasurable taste thing than an addiction/inhalation thing for me with those. Yes, it seems like an oxy-moron (or as my wife the nurse says, "thinking like a moron"), but they're one of my last vices. After golf. And rum. And nookie. And fishing. And rum. And of course tools.

But kudos and congrats to you on that garager. Takes a lot of iron will to stick with it with quiting cigarettes. You'll be better for it in the long haul. Keep with it, buddy.
                      Last edited by canucksartech; 03-21-2008, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I don`t like gardening as I do enough digging in plumber.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                        X