It's a Small World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's a Small World

My dad was in Vietnam, during one of his tours (3) and we the family were residing in Clark AFB, Philippians Islands in 1969-70. So I spent a little over a year in their school on base. Then we met my dad in Hawaii when he was done w/Vietnam.

We eventually moved to Two Habors MN. when dad retired from the military. In 1976 a kid (Brian) moved to our town and I went to school w/him in the Philippeans. In 1977 a girl (Kathleen) moved here to, we also went to school together back when.

Non of our dads knew each others, or our mothers. There is no base around here, but somehow we (the kids) managed to go to school together again. Brian moved away around 1979, and Kathleen stayed and graduated, she moved for a few years then came back. About a month after she came back, a train hit her car and killed her instantly.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
      Looking for nuns on the run??
      I saw that movie, Greg. The plot was awful

1985 I was in a bar called Poseurs. Cafeteria during the weekday. Punk bar on weekends.

Chatting to a girl who just moved back into D.C. from London. She mentioned she was born here at The Columbia Hospital for Women but moved to London as an infant. Her father worked for The State Department.

I mentioned I was also born there. We laughed and joked about what a small world it is.

She liked my new earing. (man, I was so cool back then) Told her my ears were so big because I was born on Easter Sunday. She started to scream She was born just 2 hours after me.

We joked some more about being lost twins I found her less attractive after that discussion

She couldn't dance but boy she could pound down the Guinness

Comment

I know someone else who was born on same day....Garager

Now that's a small world!

I wonder if he has big ears

Comment

My son Jon was born on July 4 1976 in the San Fernando Valley. He was the second baby born that day being minutes after the little girl who was first. They were the celebrities of the day an were given plaques to memorialize the event. Both babies were in all of the newspapers and were called the Bicentennial babies. Ten years later while living in Santa Clarita Valley Jon brought his plaque to show and tell at school only to find out the little girl who was born in the room next to him was in his class and brought he plaque.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            I know someone else who was born on same day....Garager

Now that's a small world!

I wonder if he has big ears
            My son Jared's wife and my daugther Jana's husband were born on the same day, same year, same State but about 70-miles apart.

Mark

Comment

I have a friend through a car club that lives in Memphis. The wife and I went to visit him last year. While we were out for lunch one day we were talking about the area we live in. He says he has a cousin that lives up my way and married a guy named Brian N. So I ask if he knew if Brian N had an older light blue ford pickup and he says sure does. Brian N's sister was one of my very first girlfriends.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                My son Jared's wife and my daugther Jana's husband were born on the same day, same year, same State but about 70-miles apart.

Mark
                Back in early 2004 both my wife and I were expecting and my sister and her husband were also. We were due late march-early april and my sister was due later april.

April 6th rolls around and finally my wife is in labor and we have a healthy baby girl at 7:30am on the 6th. So my parents are up googling over their newest grand child when we hear a commotion coming down the hall, another woman in labor. I look out in the hall, and sure enough, it's my sister. At 10:30 that same night in the next room over my nephew was born!!!

No planning involved their at all.

Jeff

Comment

I was living in a suburb of Denver I think in 82, with my brother. Well we got into a huge fight and I needed to get away from him for awhile. So I gathered up my camping gear and threw them in my back pack and hitched rides up into the Evergreens. So I spent 3 nights up there camping, oh what serenity.

So I'm hitching back to our place and my last hitch, turned out to be my brother best friend from high school. They graduated back in 76, anyhow Andy had no clue to who I was, until I placed my face into the window, to see how far he was going.

Now Andy was heading back to our home town from southern Colorado at this point. So we're talking and I told him I'm living with Bill (my brother) and Andy decided to stay with us for the night and party. So this was a big surprise for my brother, but even a bigger surprise to me. Because Andy decided to stay there and look for work. In which he did find work and never moved out.

So I couldn't handle the two of them, so I moved out and moved in w/the ex Brother in Law. Then eventually my brother ended up moving in with us and Andy ended up with our old apartment. Funny how things work...
                  Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

well there was this event called the Ridgid round up at its main HQ and there was this plumber from CA named Rick where he was talking smack about drain cleaning machines
                    .then there was a this other drain cleaning owner from PA Greg and he went to the round up to show this Rick a thing or 2 about drain cleaning .so when the event started the took a long look at each other they started talking and they are long lost relatives then there was no more talking smack about drain cleaning machines .
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Awww... I love a happy ending

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                        well there was this event called the Ridgid round up at its main HQ and there was this plumber from CA named Rick where he was talking smack about drain cleaning machines
                        .then there was a this other drain cleaning owner from PA Greg and he went to the round up to show this Rick a thing or 2 about drain cleaning .so when the event started the took a long look at each other they started talking and they are long lost relatives then there was no more talking smack about drain cleaning machines .
                        You mean there is life beyond talking smack about drain cleaning
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

some day there will be
                          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

could greg be my brother from a different mother

charlie, do you have a crystal ball or a magic 8 ball

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              could greg be my brother from a different mother

charlie, do you have a crystal ball or a magic 8 ball

rick.
                              Rick, you really shouldn't be asking other boys about their balls
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Very long....

Alright this one is a little long with several “small world events”. When my oldest daughter was growing up she had a best friend Angie. Angie had a cousin Jeanna who was 4-years younger than Angie and would spend her summers at Angie’s house. Jeanna use to come by and spend the day at our house playing with our puppies. We lived in Southern California and Jeanna’s dad was stationed at Hill AF base in Utah. Jeanna never knew her mother as she was told her mother left her at the hospital.

When Jeanna was 13 she came home to find her father on the couch and he was non responsive. It turned out he had died of a heart attack so as far as anyone was concerned Jeanna was now an orphan. Jeanna moved to Southern California to live with her aunt. My daughter went off to college as did Angie so we did not see Jeanna anymore. Three or four years later Jared brought his new girlfriend (Jeanna) home and when she comes in the house she realizes it was the house where she use to play with the puppies. Six years later they were married.

After several years of marriage Jenna decides she wants to find her mom. Jared did some searching and found the mom lived 80-miles away. One day Jared dropped in unannounced to the mother’s home and tried to talk to her. She was a junky and sent Jared on his way so Jared never told Jenna he had found her mom. A few more years go by and Jeanna once again expresses a need to find her mom. This time when Jared goes by the mom needs a ride to a clinic so she is a little friendlier to Jared. While Jared talks to her he finds out Jeanna has a younger brother and an older brother. The younger brother is in prison but the older brother is an LEO in Riverside.

Since Jared is also a LEO he gives the older brother a call and starts with something like “You don’t know me and I don’t know if you know it but you have a sister”. The brother replies yes her name is Jeanna and I’ve been looking for her for the last 25-years. As it turns out the older brother was from before Jeanna’s dad had married Jenna’s mom. Jeanna’s dad had married Jeanna’s mom while he was stationed at March AF base but soon realized the mom was an addict so he divorced her and took Jeanna out of the home. He continued to bring Jeanna by to see her older brother but eventually was transferred to Hill AF base so he told the brother he would not be seeing Jeanna for a little while. The father had never shared any info about his ex-wife with any of his family and he took the info with him when he died.

After the brother finished with Jared he called Jeanna and they spent the next few hours on the phone. By the time Jared got home they were still on the phone so they agreed to meet in the middle to eat dinner. When Jenna meet her brother he told her he was getting married in a few weeks and how much he had hoped to find her to sit on his side of the aisle. After dinner the brother invited Jeanna to the engagement dinner to meet his fiancé and her family. Jeanna agreed and asked my wife to go with her.

I was not able to go with my wife so my youngest son Jon went with her. Jon of course was bored to tears as they thumbed through piles of photo albums. Suddenly Jon looked at a picture of some kids in ROTC uniform and says “mom this is a picture of me”. It turned out Jeanna’s brother was the student Commander of his ROTC unit and the head of his Drill Team. The same year Jon was the student Commander of his ROTC unit and the head of his Drill Team. Both Drill Teams had won local competitions which allowed them to attend the National Finals which was held 2,000 miles away in Louisiana. When the brother heard Jon he looked at him and said your Jon-Boy and Jon replied yeah and you’re Mikey.

So to make a long story short Jon knew Jeanna’s brother 10-years before Jeanna even knew she had a brother and they met several thousand miles from home.

Mark
                                Last edited by ToUtahNow; 03-26-2008, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X