Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's a Small World

Dude.......

This is the coolest one yet........I'm feeling a little vaklempt right now...snifff..

Talk amongst yourselves..........
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

This could be an early contender for thread of the year....

Still vaklempt....

Keep talking......
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I am the President of a small community water company in Utah. My wife Brenda happens to be one of the members of the Board so she attends all of the Board meetings with me. During a Board meeting in 2006 we had a guy come in who wants to build a bunch of homes which will more than double the current demand on our system. While visiting with the guy it turns out the guy grew up with us in Southern California. Although we did not know each other we knew a lot of the same people. Before the night was over we learned his uncle was the family doctor who delivered Brenda and her twin brother.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Okay this is more work related and a little OT but still a good one, I got a call one day from a customer by the name of Tony Wheeler. He explained he need an early morning call on Monday of the following week. I put the job in the book and I told him I would send Vern out that morning to do the call. When Monday morning came around I got a call just before 7:30 AM and the caller said "this is Tony Wheeler I need someone first thing this morning". To which I responded Vern would be right over and I asked him to give me his contact info again as I was not in the shop yet. I called and gave Vern the info and left the supply house to head for the shop.

Later that morning I got a call from Tony Wheeler and he complained it was 8:30 AM and Vern had not yet shown up. I called Vern and Vern said he was just down the street and he would be there in a minute. I called Tony Wheeler back and let him know Vern should be there in minutes. A half hour later I get another call saying Vern still had not shown up. This time when I called Vern he told me he had been at the house working for a half hour already. With Vern still on the line I called Tony who told me there was no way Vern had been there for a half hour as he still had not even shown up.

Well it took a little bit of back and forth but what I finally figured out is in our little valley we had two Tony Wheelers who both happened to call and request service for the same morning and I thought they were the same person. The pissed off Tony Wheeler ended up calming down and we all had a good laugh and both Tony Wheelers were taken care of that day.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            Rick, you really shouldn't be asking other boys about their balls

Comment

Speaking of small worlds. . . .Toutahnow called me last night to say he had just talked to his daughter, Jene, who was saying how tired she was from her "build day" at the rec center she works at. After talking to her further it turned out that the play ground was a KaBOOM! project just like I am working on.

Today, I met with all the people at KaBOOM! and I mentioned Jene and her project yesterday. The people were all very surprised about the connection and I knew about yesterday's project.

When we got on the conference call with the Home Depot rep she started to say how tired she was from a "build day" yesterday in Salt Lake City. So I asked her if she knew Jene. . . .silence. She asked me to repeat the name. She too was surprised I knew her. So I had to explain the connection.

small world. . . .
              Last edited by ToUtahNow; 07-29-2009, 10:19 PM.
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Did you dig this old thread back up just to show off Duck quoting you reprimanding Rick?

Mark

Comment

Okay I really like this thread so I am bumping it a bit.

One Christmas while Jaysen was stationed in Kosovo he was assigned Dignitary duty during the USO show. He wasn't pleased but he follows orders so off he went to wait for his Dignitary to deplane. To his surprise, he ended up watching Congressman McKeon, his wife Patty and their assigned photographer.

Congressman McKeon was Jaysen's Cub Master when he was a kid and Patty was his Sunday School teacher. What completed the Small World weirdness is the assigned photographer graduated High School with Jaysen.

Mark
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by ToUtahNow; 12-04-2009, 03:29 AM.

Comment

20 years ago my brother did his student teaching in Brazil. He still visits his friends from there. One of his Brazilian friends, Vito, had taken a job in Turkey and flew in to visit my brother. On the way back from the airport, they stopped at my sister's for supper. While they were talking, it was discovered that my nephew's roommate at the Univ. of Miami was the son of Vito's former boss in Brazil. It truly is a small world.

Comment

UNBELIEVABLE

I have a neighbor buddy ask me if I would be willing to take a look at his girlfriends stopped up sink..."Sure"

Get to her house this morning,She's a P-jammy Mammy in slippers.

Working the sink,she's talking...You know the drill.
                      "I have respect for Plumbers"...... O/K

"I used to date a Plumber"...........Heard this one too

"He loved his job so much he showed his sewer video on the group bus trip to the snow"........OMG..It can't Be..No Way

Say the name Girl......say it

SAY IT *****!!!!!!!

"Rick The Plumber"

Need I remind you folks there are 10 million people in Rick and Joey's County.There are 1 million people in mine.

No one is connected on this.

Too far out to be a coincedence.

None the less it was a very enjoyable chat at the breakfast table.

She still has the dog your parents gave her Ricky,you little angel you
                      Got a three month old puppy that's just as lovable.

Comment

The giveaway was she was wearing a t-shirt that said:

I dated Plumber Rick
                        and all I got
                        was this stupid dog!
                        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          The giveaway was she was wearing a t-shirt that said:

I dated Plumber Rick
                          and all I got
                          was this stupid dog!

Mark

Possibly...Think she was too obvious about getting at the trust fund?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                            UNBELIEVABLE

I have a neighbor buddy ask me if I would be willing to take a look at his girlfriends stopped up sink..."Sure"

Get to her house this morning,She's a P-jammy Mammy in slippers.

Working the sink,she's talking...You know the drill.
                            "I have respect for Plumbers"...... O/K

"I used to date a Plumber"...........Heard this one too

"He loved his job so much he showed his sewer video on the group bus trip to the snow"........OMG..It can't Be..No Way

Say the name Girl......say it

Need I remind you folks there are 10 million people in Rick and Joey's County.There are 1 million people in mine.

No one is connected on this.

Too far out to be a coincedence.

None the less it was a very enjoyable chat at the breakfast table.

She still has the dog your parents gave her Ricky,you little angel you
                            Got a three month old puppy that's just as lovable.

This is the same girl that missed the boat to our wedding! Thanks for the wake up call Adam!
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                              This is the same girl that missed the boat to our wedding!
                              So you're saying she's smarter than you?

Mark

Comment

ok, so now you know.

so i get an early morning wake up call from adam's phone and it's not adam on the line it's a voice from the past

well, at least joey knows who this was

funny part was mark was also called and told of the story. he thought it was one of his old girlfriends

adam, the day you do this again, is the day i know you're set and busy go get em adam, there are more out there

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X