X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's a Small World

Last Saturday we held a Memorial for my mother who passed away in October. Sunday morning my sister left to drive home to Texas at 7:AM. My son Jared left around 2:00 PM to drive home to Louisiana. After 800-miles he made a gas stop in Las Cruces, New Mexico. When he pulled up to the pump he noticed my sister was at the island next to him.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

This past November I was checking in to one of my customers locations. I can't disclose who they are due to homeland security, but while checking in I had to show my birth certificate along with other documents. When the agent read Quantico, 1957 he asked how I came to be born there. I told him that My father was assigned to DC and stationed out of Quantico at the time. He called the company president who happened to be in from New York for a meeting. When the man heard my name, he had tears run down his cheeks. The president of this company was in my fathers flight crew when he piloted Marine One for Eisenhower and was at the hospital the day I was born. He lost track of our family after my fathers F4 was lost in Dec. 61. We had a long talk and I learned quite a bit about why my fathers service record is still classified.
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Wow Dan.
        That must of felt good, emotional I'm sure, but good to be able to fill in some blanks.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I met my half brother.....half brother, I hate that term. He is my BROTHER!
          We just have different moms.

I met him once when I was 18 and he was 10 or so.
          Fast forward 20 years. Pops is on his death bed, and in walks Johnathan with his new mom (long story, he needs care).

It turns out we are practically neighbors. If I cut the roof off the house across the street, I could see his house from my bedroom window.

We hang out quite a bit now.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
            This past November I was checking in to one of my customers locations. I can't disclose who they are due to homeland security, but while checking in I had to show my birth certificate along with other documents. When the agent read Quantico, 1957 he asked how I came to be born there. I told him that My father was assigned to DC and stationed out of Quantico at the time. He called the company president who happened to be in from New York for a meeting. When the man heard my name, he had tears run down his cheeks. The president of this company was in my fathers flight crew when he piloted Marine One for Eisenhower and was at the hospital the day I was born. He lost track of our family after my fathers F4 was lost in Dec. 61. We had a long talk and I learned quite a bit about why my fathers service record is still classified.
            I'd like to hear those stories.

Comment

this might be my all time deja vu that's transpired yesterday and today

yesterday in jury duty, a guy ask me what i do

i didn't know him or even recognize him. turns out he has my cell phone number on his cell phone under plumber rick

ask him where he got it from? from an electrician i know

turns out this guys wife also works out of the same drs. office joey goes to. we bring up the name of the dr. and the ultrasound dr.that joey was using for the her pregnancy.

fast forward to today.(no jury duty today) i had a leak to go track down in a condo building in beverly hills.

#102 had a decent leak that showed up in their laundry room. the plumber yesterday couldn't find it and didn't have access to the up stairs units.

i go there today and access #202 and #302.

guess who lives in #302

the ultrasound dr. we spoke about the day before

has lived there the last 3 years and i've worked there the last 8 and we never knew that or met

now you know the rest of the story

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Long lost half-brothers from Massachusetts meet in Hawaii thanks to photo-op

Updated: Tuesday, 26 Apr 2011, 8:12 AM EDT
                Published : Monday, 25 Apr 2011, 10:57 PM EDTLEOMINSTER (FOX 25 / MyFoxBoston.com) - It was a picture perfect vacation- Rick Hill, his wife Maureen and their kids visiting Waikiki from Massachusetts.
                But it's the serendipitous encounter with the man behind the camera that changed all of their lives for good when he offered to snap their picture.
                "He said 'Say Leominster', that's where he's from. So we smiled and said 'wow, what made you say that?' And he said 'That's where I'm from' and we said 'Wow, we're from the next town over, Lunenburg'," explained Rick's wife Maureen Hill.
                And so the name game began between the two men; Rick Hill and Joe Parker who now lives in Hawaii.
                They threw out names until a shot in the dark sent chills down all of their spines.
                "And then I looked up and they started talking about Dickie, and I just started crying," added Maureen.
                Dickie was Dick Halligan, Joe's father who passed away years ago. It just so happens Dick is also Rick's father. The two men are half-brothers.
                It took traveling 6,000 miles away, from two hometowns less than a few miles apart and a simple question to bring these brothers together.
                "Who would think that you would take a camera from a perfect stranger and it would end up being your sister-in-law and brother you've never met before in your life. 6,000 miles away from where we're from? It's mind blowing to say the least," offered Joe Parker.
                "I kind of knew I had a brother but I never was able to meet him and didn't know where he was from and didn't know how to contact him," added Rick Hill.
                Maureen snapped a photo of the long lost brothers. It's a picture 38 years in the making for the family who had come for a simple vacation and picked up a family member to add to their album along the way.
                "I was like surprised because I thought we were just coming to Hawaii just to visit and then we meet my uncle," according to Adam Hill, Rick's son.
                The brothers say they had known about each other for a few years, but didn't know each others names and were living in different states as it turns out. Since they met a few days ago, they've seen each other every day and say they definitely plan on keeping in touch.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...#ixzz1KjB03YYu

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...awaii-20110425

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMy4q5tbzzQ
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I met my fiance through yahoo personals 6 years ago, and she was living with her parents in South Jersey, and I live in the Philly suburbs. With both of us being Italian, and both of our families coming from South Philadelphia, we found out that my father's cousin was in her fathers wedding when we first started talking.

At first we thought maybe we were related, which would of been extremely awkward at the time, and would of nixed any type of relationship in the future.

Thankfully we are not, and I'm getting married next month.

Comment

Working...
                  X