X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How "Lite" is Your Refrigerator?

Open you refrigerator and tell me does it look like mine.

What used to be whole milk is now 2% low fat. Not as good but I'll tolerate it. I alone average 3 gallons a week.

What used to be 2% is now Soy Beans turned into milk? That's just not right.

Farm fresh eggs are now Eggbeaters. Why bother?

Butter is now Omega Buttery Spread. Yeck!

Bacon is now Turkey bacon (or what I like to call; Fake Bacon)

Jif Peanut Butter is now Omega 3. Refused to try it.

Hellmanns Real Mayonaisse is now reduced fat mayonaisse. I fought this one pretty hard. Made a pretty big fuss over it but by the looks of what's on the shelf, I lost

My wife is on a health kick lately. She does all the grocery shopping so I'm stuck eating this stuff.

Don't even get me started on what's in the pantry....

Re: How "Lite" is Your Refrigerator?

You might like Kraft Light Miracle Whip in place of Light Mayo. It has a bit of kick to it.

As for fake MILK go get yourself some REAL milk and just hide it from the wife.

Turkey bacon is pretty good if you buy the good stuff. I have to find out more as so far I know know of one restaurant that serves it where it actually is good eating. I'll try to get info as I would like some myself.

Now for the serious side. Lower your horns, become Snorting Bull and demand to be able to enjoy life. If not then just go kick the old bucket over and give up.

Comment

I'm right there with you Bill but I do butter instead of margarine. Butter has 3 ingrediants/margarine has about 100. I don't care how low the calories are, any food that synthetic can't be good for you.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Yea I miss real butter

She dropped that one because butter has tons of salt in it. Who knew? I've had a real salt craving lately

I forgot what cream cheese tastes like too

I'll see if Miracle Whip is allowed inside the house

Oh I forgot. I'm not allowed to talk to Girl Scouts
        Last edited by plumberscrack; 03-27-2008, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I eat anything and everything that shows up on Oprah! on the table of what you shouldn't eat.

If it has a test tube showing fat or sugar, cue me up for a second round!

Whup! That's alright! That just means room for more sugary snacks
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Before I had the by-pass I loved food, looked foreward to food, lived for food. Sausage, Beef, Any cooked Pork product. The more fat, the more flavor. Now, low fat, low salt, low flavor. Yuck. Not only don't I look forward to eating, It does'nt matter cause it all tastes the same anyway. Oh well. at least I dropped 20 lbs and feel better than I did at 30. Food is'nt everything anyway. Sex is.
            sigpic

Comment

you can get no salt butter
              and my wife got me to do the 2% milk 18 yrs ago and its ok
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

PC: my refrigerator--
                Eggs
                Bacon- Hormel thick sliced
                2% milk
                Real butter!
                Skippy
                Salad dressing--don't like mayo
                cream cheese
                Bagels
                Cheddar cheese-extra sharp
                Beer--lots of beer!
                Was just to see the Doc two weeks ago. He said whatever my secret was, to keep it up, so I will.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

Yeah, but I don't think it has anything to do with their cookies
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

bill, that shot of you eating my cherry will haunt you for life

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

[QUOTE=plumberscrack;131678]Open you refrigerator and tell me does it look like mine.

She loves you and wants both of you to be healthy, but in my opinion the research does not back up the diet. I think unless you are prone to heart disease, bacon, mayonaise, real butter, eggs and milk in moderation will not make you fat or hurt you. I don't beleive the body was meant to process the many chemicals in all these low fat products. 2% milk okay, my wife has me drinking it too, but I still buy half and half! We just have to eat a little slower, a little less and exercise. I agree that plenty of sex is important but with being married that's out of the question. Thinking back when I use to have sex three times a day I weighed 150lbs, now I weigh 225lbs. Heck I even ate more food back then!

Comment

Turkey dogs, tofu burgers, My gawd who came up with this drek..
                        sigpic

Comment

You guys/gals keep your peanut butter in the fridge? Doesn't that make it difficult spread? Fridge in the kitchen is full of all kinds of healthy and not so healthy foods for all ages. Only soy milk in our house though as that is all the baby can drink due to allergies and I don't drink enough to make it worthy buying my own so I gave it up. We use butter, real bacon, pork, sausage and other goodies. My wife is Asian so we eat Asian style regularly and it is much healthier than what I used to eat. Now the fridge in the garage, that contains vast amounts of various beers, Sprite and ice cream!
                          Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by wwsmith View Post
                            You guys/gals keep your peanut butter in the fridge? Doesn't that make it difficult spread? Fridge in the kitchen is full of all kinds of healthy and not so healthy foods for all ages. Only soy milk in our house though as that is all the baby can drink due to allergies and I don't drink enough to make it worthy buying my own so I gave it up. We use butter, real bacon, pork, sausage and other goodies. My wife is Asian so we eat Asian style regularly and it is much healthier than what I used to eat. Now the fridge in the garage, that contains vast amounts of various beers, Sprite and ice cream!
                            Had the good fortune to eat at my Chinese neighbors home one evening. The meal was great and very healthy too. I use to look at these folks and wonder how they stayed so fit, aside from being active they eat very small portions of meat and plenty of veggies, I on the other hand do just the opposite and my waisteline shows it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              ..... I think unless you are prone to heart disease, bacon, mayonaise, real butter, eggs and milk in moderation will not make you fat or hurt you. I don't beleive the body was meant to process the many chemicals in all these low fat products.
                              I'm living proof to the contrary.
                              I had an overall cholesterol of 270, I forget what the LDL/HGL was, but my doc told me I was either going to have to try to get it down naturally or become dependant on a drug like lipitor for life.
                              He then explained that 80% of our cholesterol levels are dependant on heredity/genetics, it was very unlikely I'd get it down substantially with diet alone.
                              I gave it 4 months, ate whole grains, as little saturated & trans fats as possible, LOADS of shrimp & other seafoods (woohoo!)....got it down 100 points to a normal, healthy level in 4 months.
                              I need to be CLEAR on something...there are 4 main types of fats:
                              Saturated (BAD)
                              Trans fat (BAD)
                              mono unsaturated (GOOD)
                              Poly unsatured (GOOD)
                              Assuming that if something tastes bad it's good for you is silly.
                              What you need to do is look at labels, and become familiar with foods that are healthy/unhealthy....NOT just the overall fat, but the different types of fat listed on the labels.
                              An example is margarine, look at the label and you'll see that some brands are high in mono & poly unsaturated fats while low on trans/saturated fats.
                              I love shrimp with garlic & margarine, red meat (lean cuts- strained as cooked to drain fat when it's hamburg), & skinless chicken.
                              There are foods I love, that I just can't eat anymore, like parmesian cheese, beef/pork sausage, bacon, eggs (with yolks).
                              There are also fat free alternatives, like chicken/turkey sausage, fat free cheese, & egg beaters.
                              One of the most frustrating things is trying to find the right foods at the supermarket, so many products simply toss low calorie, low sodium, & low sugar into the same bag to lure consumers into buying healthy when all I need is low trans/unsaturated fats.

Comment

Working...
                              X