Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Radio News

Does this really work?
    I found this tip from a reviewer online about the Milwaukee jobsite radio:
    "those who own Ridgid cordless 18v tools from Home Depot might be interested to know that their batteries will fit quite nicely (and perfectly snugly) within the battery compartment of this radio. With a couple of short pieces of wire (just enough length to connect with battery while it sits upon the opened compartment door)with male blade lugs crimped to one end and female lugs on the other, the Ridgid 18v battery will slide perfectly inside as long as the wires are formed in such a way as to curl to either side of the battery on its way into the compartment. Close the door and you're set. Be aware that when changing from ac to battery, the radio must be powered off and back on.
    There is probably an easier connection method if thought is put into a homemade adapter plug, however, I've not bothered with another connection method or other battery brands since the wires work well enough and Ridgid tools are what I own."
    Last edited by reConx; 03-28-2008, 02:27 PM.

Re: Ridgid Radio News

My tiny brain shorted out trying to follow along with that explanation!
    Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

I apologize for the grammer but I posted the information/tip as written by the poster. Hopefully some of the more electronically inclined folks can determine whether this can work. I titled the thread incorrectly because it really was about the Milwaukee jobsite radio which I found for $54
      Last edited by reConx; 03-28-2008, 04:58 PM.

Comment

I was just trying to be funny. I saw that you were just quoting someone from another site. I couldn't figure out if the person was suggesting a modification to the Milwaukee radio so that it would CHARGE Ridgid batteries or what. I since went to the Milwaukee website and read the specs to find that it doesn't have a built in charger either. So he was just trying to explain how to modify the radio to have Ridgid batteries power the radio.

It doesn't take much to short circuit my brain. Pretty much anything that starts with "instructions" or anything containing more than 3-letter words, I'm toast!
        Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Working...
        X