Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

December 22, 2012

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • December 22, 2012

    Do you think it could happen, or is it just rubbish?

    Do you think, that there could be a vast amount of believers, and before this day happens, people will go nuts w/their credit cards. And will the criminals go nuts too.

    If you have no clue as to what I'm referring to, I'd suggest to type in this date, in the google bar and read.

    I find it sort of fascinating, can predictions be true?
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

    http://www.contractorspub.com

    A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

  • #2
    Re: December 22, 2012

    Based on the fact that the Mayans no longer exist, their calender was off by just a few years.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: December 22, 2012

      "I find it sort of fascinating, can predictions be true?"
      Garager,Do you have a bottle of "sauce" hidden in your toolbox?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: December 22, 2012

        Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
        "I find it sort of fascinating, can predictions be true?"
        Garager,Do you have a bottle of "sauce" hidden in your toolbox?
        No sauce PK, the wifey outlaws the stuff. I have to go to bar (3 time a year maybe) to have any. I'm just very curious how the people in the world are going to handle this when the time gets near.

        Remember the beginning of 2000 and all that computer mumbo jumbo. The planes might crash and your computers and so on. Nothing happened, yet the whole world was downloading anything that said, this will save your computer if you install it.

        Its, just amazing what people tend to believe in and goes overboard in some cases...
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

        http://www.contractorspub.com

        A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: December 22, 2012

          Originally posted by garager View Post

          Remember the beginning of 2000 and all that computer mumbo jumbo. The planes might crash and your computers and so on. Nothing happened, yet the whole world was downloading anything that said, this will save your computer if you install it.
          That's a little different though. That was a known technical problem and it was real. The reason nothing happened is because the problem was taken seriously and a lot of effort was put in to correct any potential errors early in the years before 2000. Date and time issues in computers do cause problems with some frequency. Just last year as an example a flight of F-22's flying to Japan had all their systems shut down except for basic flight controls due to a glitch in the software when they crossed the international date line and had to visually follow a tanker to navigate all the way.

          As for the mayan calendar, well I think it will just be a day like any other. Most people don't even know about it and I doubt those who do would believe it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: December 22, 2012

            Wheter it's the mayans or nostradamus predicting the end of the world, truth is the world could end at any time and more importantly we as individuals could meet our deaths at any time. Do you ever think how often we escape death? All it takes is one split second by us or another driver and it's a head on collision. We need to maintain an illusion of security to make life tolerable. My advice is to not think about your mortality or the end of the world and just enjoy life within some kind of sane frame of mind.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: December 22, 2012

              THATS THE DATE ON WITH THE ALIENS SHOW UP ON EARTH ACCORDING TO THE CIGARETTE SMOKING MAN IN THE X FILES

              mrs westcoast
              sigpic

              Robert

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: December 22, 2012

                Well, I have it on good notice that the guy who was responsible for making these Mayan calenders just got fed up and told his boss to pick a freakin' date so he could take a few vacation days and go visit his daughter and her family.

                So the boss said to just take a wild *ss guess. But the poor guy got to thinking about it and finally decided he'd end the calender based on his best guess as to when the Yanks would be out of Iraq. So after a few coin flips, him and his boss came up with that December 22, 2012 date.... but that would depend on whether there was a Democrat or a Republican in office.

                In any case, I think we can all agree that "life as they knew it" ended long ago and if you look around, you'll probably see that life as we knew it, ended shortly after the new century started.

                CWS

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: December 22, 2012

                  I frequently deliberate over this, as I listen to Led Zep & Beatles albums in reverse.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: December 22, 2012

                    Originally posted by garager View Post
                    Its, just amazing what people tend to believe in and goes overboard in some cases...
                    I don't mean to make this a religious thread but insert the name of ANY religion for the above statement and it still make sense to me.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: December 22, 2012

                      Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
                      That's a little different though. That was a known technical problem and it was real. The reason nothing happened is because the problem was taken seriously and a lot of effort was put in to correct any potential errors early in the years before 2000. Date and time issues in computers do cause problems with some frequency. Just last year as an example a flight of F-22's flying to Japan had all their systems shut down except for basic flight controls due to a glitch in the software when they crossed the international date line and had to visually follow a tanker to navigate all the way.

                      As for the mayan calendar, well I think it will just be a day like any other. Most people don't even know about it and I doubt those who do would believe it.
                      It is not different, this is about how the people in this world reacts when, they hear about something ludicrous. Most people, tend to blow it off, but there is that other small percentage, that takes what they hear very serious. Even though theres no facts to the story, they want to believe.

                      Kinda like a conversation I had not to long ago. Are you a black and white person or a grey person. A grey person, tends to think things threw, finding more options instead of the first option.

                      And I'll betcha, theres more people out there, that just may think, "well could there be some truth to this". But of course, sensible people will never admit to this.
                      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

                      http://www.contractorspub.com

                      A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: December 22, 2012

                        Originally posted by garager View Post
                        It is not different, this is about how the people in this world reacts when, they hear about something ludicrous. Most people, tend to blow it off, but there is that other small percentage, that takes what they hear very serious. Even though theres no facts to the story, they want to believe.

                        Kinda like a conversation I had not to long ago. Are you a black and white person or a grey person. A grey person, tends to think things threw, finding more options instead of the first option.

                        And I'll betcha, theres more people out there, that just may think, "well could there be some truth to this". But of course, sensible people will never admit to this.
                        Garager, I try to give most things a fair thinking through but when they are things I cannot control or alter and have negative connotations I do my best to divert my attention elsewhere. Examples, I lost a infant child years ago to a genetic illness and although it was a painful time in my life I did not allow that incident to impair my ability to be a good dad to my living children. I've been given last rights twice and endured twelve major surgeries so I think about my mortality but it does not lead me to live life carelessly. If people seriously believe the world will end on a specific day, some of them will act like morons and do foolish things. Yes, the world may end on that day, the world may end today, can we possibly get more life, better life if we knew with certainty? Take care of your health and family and don't dwell on such supposedly grand thoughts because they are not as grand as a single moment of happiness with the ones you love.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: December 22, 2012

                          Well Said!

                          Life has dealt you too much sorrow and you have wisely and bravely carried on. Your wisdom is admirable.

                          I salute your Sir!

                          CWS
                          Last edited by CWSmith; 03-30-2008, 11:47 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: December 22, 2012

                            Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                            Garager, I try to give most things a fair thinking through but when they are things I cannot control or alter and have negative connotations I do my best to divert my attention elsewhere. Examples, I lost a infant child years ago to a genetic illness and although it was a painful time in my life I did not allow that incident to impair my ability to be a good dad to my living children. I've been given last rights twice and endured twelve major surgeries so I think about my mortality but it does not lead me to live life carelessly. If people seriously believe the world will end on a specific day, some of them will act like morons and do foolish things. Yes, the world may end on that day, the world may end today, can we possibly get more life, better life if we knew with certainty? Take care of your health and family and don't dwell on such supposedly grand thoughts because they are not as grand as a single moment of happiness with the ones you love.
                            I'm so sorry what you had to endure, I have kids too, and what you went through is probably the most difficult thing any parent can go through.

                            Your also right on with the rest, or more likely I should say, we have the same thoughts about it.

                            I have always worked my tail off, but recently, with the quiting of cigarettes, I have been noticing life a whole lot more (in a different perspective). There is more to us then just working for the dollars and being totally wiped out at the end of the day. Thus, not giving much else more needed attention.
                            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

                            http://www.contractorspub.com

                            A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: December 22, 2012

                              Very interesting topic, of course, to say the least Garager, you had the wife up all night asking if I thought it was true or not and then she spent most of yesterday late afternoon and evening researching it.
                              sigpic

                              Robert

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X