Question on clothing you all wear.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on clothing you all wear.

Ive been the avid buy the work pants for 15 bucks from walmart. But one of my friends told me about these pants from Duluth tradeing company. And supposedly they hold up very well. I was just wondering if anyone has tested these out yet. Im sort of weary about blowing 70 dollars on a pair of work pants. Thanks in advance.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/a...ture=Product_5

Re: Question on clothing you all wear.

Do they atleast lube you up for $70 per pair?

You could buy 4 of the other pants your buying with money left over for that price.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

that 70 can buy alot of my 19.99 dickies

they look good though, but I would be scared ot get them dirty

I used to buy $190.00 timberlands, not anymore, I am fine with my Stanley, $39.00 boots that I get like 8 months out of. same as the $190.00
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
        that 70 can buy alot of my 19.99 dickies

they look good though, but I would be scared ot get them dirty

I used to buy $190.00 timberlands, not anymore, I am fine with my Stanley, $39.00 boots that I get like 8 months out of. same as the $190.00
        HAAA. I do the same thing. Every 3-4 months, off to Wal-Mart I go. A $190 pair of boots stink just as bad as a $39 pair but, i can throw mine out.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
          HAAA. I do the same thing. Every 3-4 months, off to Wal-Mart I go. A $190 pair of boots stink just as bad as a $39 pair but, i can throw mine out.

exactly, throw them out with regret
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

I get the dickies too. I used to pay a bunch more for the carhart re-enforced everything brown ones, but they get hot, and even if they last for years, they don't stay looking good for years.

I knew it was time to throw out my current work clothes when someone dropped a quarter in my coffee while I'm standing outside of the cafe.

Eli
            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

We use a uniform service so everyone dresses the same. Boots, I like redwings about 90 bucks
              sigpic

Comment

Depends what kind of work you do, but when I use to be climbing in and out of telephone manholes and climbing poles the right brand was Carhartt! That clothing saved me from more than one trip to the hospital, seriously it was that tough. Plenty of sharp cable racks that just tore through regular fabric and all sorts of other hazards that the Carhartts stood up to without a problem. sure they got dirty, real dirty and ugly but my job kept me underground, in garbage filled backyards or just out in the street. If your work takes you into customer's homes then you need to be presentable, even if the work itself gets you dirty.

Comment

I prefer something with a plunging neckline and an off the shoulder look.
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I'm not in the construction game anymore but generally wore carhart bibs or pants mostly for the protection factor when on nasty jobs,regular ole jeans on other jobs.
                    For years I was a redwing boot fan till my back really started going south then bought a pair of custom made White boots.When constantly walking on concrete the back always felt much better wearing the Whites.I really had doubts they'd help that much but a friend really pushed me to try them.At 200 bucks a pair back then they weren't cheap.In the end I had 2 sets of Whites and still have them.One pair has been to the factory 3 times to be rebuilt and resoled the other pair twice.I still have them and still wear them but now just around the house stuff I doubt they will ever need another rebuild.I always was extremely hard on boots.
                    Sam

Comment

Because of needing special sizing and cut, I go with Wearguard. They aren't the best, but they do work with their customers and have all kinds of sizing and cuts of clothing. When I was able to find Dickies that did fit, I liked them very much for the price.

When it comes to workboots, I'm not married to one brand but I have to say that my new Redwings so far seem to me to be much better than most of the others I've tried. Again, It's finding the pair that my feet like and that work for me.

Clothing and foot covering along with protective gear really is a personal matter of what works best for your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        I prefer something with a plunging neckline and an off the shoulder look.
                        No color preference?
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                          No color preference?
                          Depends on the season
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I used to buy Dickies for the summer but for the last few years I have worn Cabela's. I like the fit better and I think they wear better. It is tough to find 35" waist pants without paying through the nose. For winter I wear lined Cabela's or lined LL Bean jeans. When it is really cold I use Carhart bibs and a strong-yellow-green, Helly Hansen waterproof coat. That way I don't have to wear a reflective vest. I use Cabela's gloves, I don't know the model, but they cost $35.00, they are waterproof and warm. The best cold weather gloves I have ever had. One pair will last an entire winter season. During the summer I wear Mechanics brand gloves. They are difficult to find because I need an XX-Large so when I can I do find them I usually buy five or six pair. Boots are 1200 gram thinsulate unless it is really cold and then I wear Sorel pac boots. I was turned on to smart wool socks a few years ago and now that is all I wear, summer and winter. Polypropylene long underwear works well for really cold days.

Comment

again , i'm the odd man out. i wear Hook & Tackle "Beer Can ISland Shorts", about $30/pair. whatever the local K-Mart has for tennis shoes, about $25-$30/pair (quite disposable). company shirts, tanks for $84/dozen. i have a nice pair of boots in the van that get worn about 3-5 times a year.

my clothing budget is under $500/year. definately island chic. lumbdog:

i guess with the tanks i'm with ToUtahNow. gotta be off the shoulder...and the color is "ash" so it can be worn any season

steve
                              In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X