X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mile High Tower planned

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1811

Re: Mile High Tower planned

Wasn't this tried once before somwhere around Babel? Can you imagine the elevator ride? What if there's a fire and you have to use the stairs? What a target that will make.....
    Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Comment

Exactly what I thought when I saw it. Tower of Babel.

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
      Wasn't this tried once before somwhere around Babel? Can you imagine the elevator ride? What if there's a fire and you have to use the stairs? What a target that will make.....

Comment

The Taipei 101 building isn't in the pic (1670 feet). I have been to the top of that one as well as the Petronas and Eiffel towers. Only have pics of the outside of the Dubai tower as it was still under construction when I was there. I can say it was amazing to be up that high in a building.

Ironically I have never been in any of the tall buildings in the US.....
        Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

I'm no engineer, but as I understand it, the tensile strength of steel is 1 mile.
          In other words, steel can be built up to one mile high before it starts to fold under its own weight...I'd be extremely interested in seeing what they're using to build this (carbon technology?) and how it'll be structured.

Comment

in that picture it looks like something from a freaking oil refinery

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Working...
            X