Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FREE High-Speed Internet!

http://www.google.com/tisp/

Re: FREE High-Speed Internet!

"Within sixty minutes -- assuming proper data flow -- the other end of your fiber-optic cable should have reached the nearest TiSP Access Node, where our Plumbing Hardware Dispatchers (PHDs) will remove the sinker and plug the line into our global data networking system."

This a joke?

Comment

Sweet I just told Comcast and Verzion to go **** themselves cause I got free high speed internet.

Thanks for the great deal.
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Google TiSP (short for Toilet Internet Service Provider) was a fictitious free broadband service supposedly released by Google. This service would make use of a standard toilet and sewage lines to provide free Internet connectivity at a speed of 8 Mbit/s (2 Mbit/s upload) (or up to 32 Mbit/s with a paid plan). A user would drop a weighted end of a long, Google-supplied fiber-optic cable in their toilet and flush it. Around 60 minutes later, the end would be recovered and connected to the Internet by a "Plumbing Hardware Dispatcher (PHD)." The user would then connect their end to a Google-supplied wireless router and run the Google-supplied installation media on a Windows XP or Vista computer ("Mac and Linux support coming soon"). Alternatively, a user could request a professional installation, in which Google would deploy nanobots through the plumbing to complete the process. The free service would be supported by "discreet DNA sequencing" of "personal bodily output" to display online ads that relate to culinary preferences and personal health. Google also referenced the cola-and-Mentos reaction in their FAQ: "If you're still experiencing problems, drop eight mints into the bowl and add a two-liter bottle of diet soda."

Comment

Wtf? I just thought this was another SPAM attack.
          Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

I read the description on the site and there's no question this is a spoof...probably a phishing or spam site to harvest Emails, personal info or worse.
            DON'T BITE!

Comment

Maybe it's an april fools joke

Comment

Originally posted by henry1222 View Post
                Maybe it's an april fools joke
                Ding Ding Ding, Google did this same thing last year. It's really well done and if you read the descriptions I think they are hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                  I read the description on the site and there's no question this is a spoof...probably a phishing or spam site to harvest Emails, personal info or worse.
                  DON'T BITE!
                  Hey, DuckButter, look around really hard, I think you lost your sense of humor here somewhere........

Google's April Fool's Day prank, that's all.

Comment

And let's not forget the "Avian IP" AIP is a protocol with an actual RFP. In other words this is a fully ratified Internet Protocol transport medium. Called a bird. Us geeks are a fun lot!!!
                    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
                      And let's not forget the "Avian IP" AIP is a protocol with an actual RFP. In other words this is a fully ratified Internet Protocol transport medium. Called a bird. Us geeks are a fun lot!!!
                      Ummm...waaaay too many things there that I don't understand.
                      ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

EEK! I made a mistake. I meant to say "Fully ratified RFC"! This means Request For Comment. To be an accepted Internet transport protocol (the rules by which data travels through the Internet), the idea and workings of the thing have to be written and commented on by the public at large (those that want to anyway), and have to be accepted by a panel of people appointed by the IANA (Internet oversight committee, multi-national).

So, many years ago, someone decided to write up the entire method of sending information by carrier pigeon as an Internet Protocol. This was titled Avian Internet Protocol. It was written very technical, and is really a fun read....well....if you're a geek and find enjoyment reading that kind of thing! It's entirely fictional in that birds are never used to transport Internet messages.

Here's the link to RFC 2549, Avian IP:
                        http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2549.txt
                        Enjoy!

AHA! This is the NEW AIP RFC. The original, RFC 1149, was published in 1990. It's good to see they are keeping up. They added "Quality Of Service" with Avian IP. Interesting concept.
                        Last edited by VASandy; 04-02-2008, 10:24 AM. Reason: wrong RFC referenced.
                        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Oh, thanks. It's all so clear now...

All of that is so far beyond my scope. It's like a foriegn language to me.
                          ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                          X