X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cellphone Ear Bud (WIRELESS)

Anyone use these? I know they've been out for years but I finally spent my hard earned money (all of $25) and bought one from my cellphone service.

Absolutely love it, have to keep the cellphone close by so I don't lose range but now I can walk around without holding that stinkin' phone to my ear!

I can work under a sink now with both hands moving instead of one, customer cannot say I'm pullng time away from my work.

I'm in a situation where I cannot have someone taking my calls......not going to happen.

I used this for the first time in a grocery store last night and talking to myself just hit an all time high!

Meds! Stat!
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Cellphone Ear Bud (WIRELESS)

Out here everyone needs to use one as of July 1st. . .except if you have 2-way direct connect.

I like the hands-free aspect, but people do take a second look thinking that I am talking to myself
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I have them and don't use them because they make you look both crazy and rude (except for Joey). I installed new stereos in my vehicles which are Blue-tooth enabled so when a call comes in or goes out it mutes the stereo and you use the stereo as your hands free.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        I have them and don't use them because they make you look both crazy and rude (except for Joey). I installed new stereos in my vehicles which are Blue-tooth enabled so when a call comes in or goes out it mutes the stereo and you use the stereo as your hands free.

Mark
        In all your vehicles?

I just don't get the exemption. If someone is on a 2-way they are doing the same thing as someone holding a cell phone and talking. It is not hands-free.
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I use one all the time when driving. If I forget to put it on, then a customer always calls when I am trying to drive in heavy traffic!!! Definitely need hands free! When not driving I don't use it as much.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

it's required here while driving. when i'm on a job the phone stays in the van. i'll check it every once in a while but my customers like the fact my attention is on their job not my phone or the next job. several have commented on this.

besides, when i'm cleaning a line i really don't want to reach up with a dirty hand and try to hit the on/off button. especially with a wet work glove on.

i'm getting used to wearing the damned thing but it's still a nuisance

steve
            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I thought about getting one of these too recently

$25 buck? thats cheap

Nearly 2 hours on the phone every day (mostly listening, I rarely speak)

Everyone wants to TALK about plumbing work but no one wants to DO any plumbing

Is this the beginning of the assimilation?

"Resistance is Futile".......Locutus

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                In all your vehicles?

I just don't get the exemption. If someone is on a 2-way they are doing the same thing as someone holding a cell phone and talking. It is not hands-free.
                your right it is not hands free but your not holding it to your ear . now the 2 way is the same as a C B so i dont know whats good or bad ,i dont talk on the phone a lot when driving or when working .
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                  In all your vehicles?

Excluding Brenda's car my 4X4 crewcab and my motorcycles.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark

Yep, I agree totally. I just got it so I wanted to see the functionality of it.

Where I think it's going to be awesome is in use when under a sink or vanity, or standing in front of a water heater working on it....setting a toilet, roughing in a shower, list goes on and on.

If you move around with it.....reception is horrible. If you are standstill it's great but driving around with the cellphone clipped to your visor is pretty awesome.

Where I see this as golden is the ability to free the other hand up. When I'm working to myself, I can now continue working like before but there is no slow-down of work.

Personally I shouldn't be answering the phone while working but I don't make an extreme habit of it. Most times it's a glance to see the number to determine its importance.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I use mine constantly, very handy. My laptop is blue tooth enabled so AI can talk to it also.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X