X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 11

Well, it's April 11 and I just finished clearing the driveway of 12 inches of wet heavy snow. Add that to the 24 inches we got Sunday and Monday and you can see why I don't quite believe spring is here. How about you, Garager? I heard you were supposed to get hit harder than us.

Re: April 11

i heard on the news a blizzard out west
    starting to get hot in PA and grass is starting to grow
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Washington, DC

Yesterday - sunny and warm with a high in the low 70s

Today - sunny and warmer with a high in low 80s. Summer time weather!

Tonight and Saturday - chance of strong T-storms as cool air tries to come in overnight.

The weather system for North America is really crazy and I put the blame on too many people doing far too much harm to nature. With that in mind "Mama Nature" is throwing temper tantrums all over expect at us in the Capital area for the USA. Hmmmm Does GWB have some wild way to calm the weather???

For all that are suffering through fierce weather, I feel for all of you. It's been on the TV news and some people are really having it bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
        Well, it's April 11 and I just finished clearing the driveway of 12 inches of wet heavy snow. Add that to the 24 inches we got Sunday and Monday and you can see why I don't quite believe spring is here. How about you, Garager? I heard you were supposed to get hit harder than us.
        Nope, you guys got more, we received 9"-10"s but that wind was fierce coming off the Lake, 15' waves. Everything was packed with sticky snow and driving winds. We got nothing but 1" of slush and rain from the weekend before. That Lake of ours, keeps the air temp a tad bit warmer, so we missed out on that storm, thank god. Now you guys will warm up come Wednesday and have rivers all over the place. I hope you don't have a basement, because that ground frost is still there and the basement walls warm that dirt up. I think you know what I mean. Keep dry Pipestone....... Mark
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Maine:
          This is the first year in my life that I have welcomed mud season and it's FINALLY here. It's been a long, long winter. I truly feel bad for you guys that just got slammed again. As I look out my window I still see a foot of snow in most areas but I also am starting to see some bare ground in some spots so at least the end is in sight.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

suppose to be 90 today in los angeles.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Yeap it was 80s yesterday in Las Vegas and suppose to hit 90s next week.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

We'll be lucky to hit a balmy 45 today:twofinger2:
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                  Mountains in Colorado received 3 feet on Weds, 4/9, from the same storm. I used to live in Durango and they got it good too.
                  If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

Ah, Minnesota
                    the northern command center for the advanced study of global warming
                    Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Comment

I recently read a study which proves there is a direct correlation between Global Warming and the invention of the Internet.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

If it's hot and dry, its global warming. If it's cold and wet, it's global warming. In the early 70's when I was in college they were all warning of the coming ice age. Global warming is the most successfully amazing money making scheme ever.!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          I recently read a study which proves there is a direct correlation between Global Warming and the invention of the Internet.

Mark
                          same moron invented both....????
                          Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Comment

we got ten feet of snow here this winter, there is still 3 feet left to melt, will post a pic tomorrow.

§m€llŸ™

Comment

after more than 1o feet of snow here is what is still left
                              Attached Files
                              §m€llŸ™

Comment

Working...
                              X