Marriage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marriage

Secret is having a wife that is nuts, mine is because she has been with me for 36years, 33 married. Things were a little rough at times, then the kids are grown and move out Now the real fun of life begins, GRANDKIDS!!! True retaliation for all the pains your kids caused. Spoil the hell out of them and send em home wired on sugar. Seriously, it all starts with being friends, if you don't truely like each other then it will not last. I chased her till she caught me!
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Web Master Josh_Who is that Eating All The Ice Cream And Cake?Tell Him(?)to leave some for The Old People.(meaning me.P.S. don't tell anyone under 5.
      Kenneth Collier
      Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
      Jackson, MS 39206
      (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
      drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

I've been married to Liz for 10yrs and 5mos. I was a firefighter, she was an EMT. The minute i laid eyes on here, i knew she was going to be my wife...Funny part is i didnt talk to her until 4yrs after that.

The successful part of it all is, we love each other, we take care of each othere, but most of all, we are best friends.
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

My wife and I have been married 3 years 11 months. We met during our freshman year of college, and married after our masters. Now we've got a 2 year, 4 month old son, and an 8 month old daughter.

Comment

54 years, 4 months, and 17 hours. Marriage is like a job--you have to work at it to keep it. You have to learn that like you job, not every part of it is super fun and like the saying goes "It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it." Also, if your smart, you will remember the super fun part and forget the other.

Comment

I had stopped by my sisters office to repair the kitchen faucet. I saw her come down the stairs and whispered to my sister "who's the hottie in the green shimmering dress?"

She had came down to see who the handsome plumber was in the kitchen

My life was in turmoil when Anita and I met. She righted the ship and set me straight. Because of her I am a better man. Sometimes I forget that and have to remind myself.

After 10 years of dating and 10 years of marriage I can't imagine what life would be without her. We missed out on having children (my fault) so I don't know who's going to take care of us when we get old

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                Far from perfect at it but I think 95% of the success in our marriage is by us serving each other (AKA not being selfish).
                I read a book called the "5 love languages" and that was the entire premise. Great book for anybody, married or not.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i had a wife once but her husband came and took her back.

a true story

BTW, i am single and never been married. just not my cup of tea

steve
                  In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    I read a book called the "5 love languages" and that was the entire premise. Great book for anybody, married or not.
                    I'm sure the book is helpful. I think a running theme from most of the responses is to be thoughtful. So whether it's a good book, or some other source that makes us think instead of just acting and reacting our relationship will be better for it.

Comment

[quote=stxrus;135797]i had a wife once but her husband came and took her back.quote]

Hah!! That's a good one.........

You probably got the better end of that deal.
                      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

i'll relate it one day

steve
                        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

God puut my wife in my life at the perfect time, any sooner, and she would not have liked me.

we met on-line and had the mental attraction before the sexual one first, which is very important, and hard to get these days.

I am blessed, we are the right age for eachother, the right personality, we feed off eachother.

She is very creative and I am not.

Marriage is tough, but as long as you both are mature and work toghether, and don't let an argument go any longer then a few minutes past the silence part, everything works out great.

NO MARRIAGE IS PERFECT, but thats why you stay married for so many years, everyday is a lesson to learn and a lesson to give, you both get closer to eachother and understand more and more about eachother. compromise, compromise, compromise, don't act like imature kids (for us guy's)

She's a good wife, a great friend, and is going to be a great mother to our children.

A blessing indeed.
                          Last edited by westcoastplumber; 04-13-2008, 04:22 PM.
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

I've been married to my wife for 28 years and 8 months. One thing that helps in a marriage is talking. When you have a disagreement, calmly talk it over. When you have two people yelling and no one listening, nothing gets acomplished.
                            BMJinGA - There's no substitute for experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                              54 years, 4 months, and 17 hours. Marriage is like a job--you have to work at it to keep it. You have to learn that like you job, not every part of it is super fun and like the saying goes "It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it." Also, if your smart, you will remember the super fun part and forget the other.
                              This should be nominated as post of the year.

Congratulations-Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

16 years for us. She is a fantastic women and she looks better today than when I met her. We count on each other greatly due to raising our twin boys that have cerebral palsy.
                                Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Working...
                                X