Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marriage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Marriage

    This is a tough cookie for many,a source of joy to others.So not trying to open old wounds,if any.But just saying It was 28 yrs. for Althea and I on 11 April 2008,and I thank God for it.I wonder how many for you all?Your friend Kenneth.
    Kenneth Collier
    Maintenance and Sewer

    P.O. Box 9441
    Jackson, MS 39206
    (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
    drainman881999@yahoo.com

  • #2
    Re: Marriage

    My wife Lyn and I have been together 17 years and this year we'll have been married for 9 with two beautiful children.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Marriage

      37-years, 4-months, 12-days, 8-hours and 26-minutes but who's counting?

      Every minute has been a pleasure.

      Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Marriage

        Who's counting indeed?
        Kenneth Collier
        Maintenance and Sewer

        P.O. Box 9441
        Jackson, MS 39206
        (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
        drainman881999@yahoo.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Marriage

          16 yrs and 5 months as of the 11th, been together for 20 yrs. 3 boys and we lost one. 1 dog, 12 fish, 8 rabbits, 1 hamster, and 2 horses. I need a bigger home and property. I have enjoyed my life with my family and wouldn't trade it for the world.
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

          http://www.contractorspub.com

          A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Marriage

            Slightly off the subject, my name is Kenya. I'm reading my Dad's posts and I keep noticing the emotion icons in the messages and I was wondering how do you post them in the replies? I asked my Dad, but he couldn't tell me. Could someone help us out with that?

            Thanks,
            Kenya
            Kenneth Collier
            Maintenance and Sewer

            P.O. Box 9441
            Jackson, MS 39206
            (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
            drainman881999@yahoo.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Marriage

              Kenya,

              When you compose a post you will see a set of smilies off to the left of the text box. If you need additional smilies, click on the more link and it will open a new window with more smilies.

              Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

              I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Marriage

                Coming up on 5 years this December. Loving every second of it. Its not always the easiest (just like being a parent to twin boys) but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Found my soul mate

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Marriage

                  april 25th. will be 4 years for joey and i

                  joey is the reason why i'm on the forum.

                  never had internet before i got married

                  so you can blame joey for all the post

                  rick.
                  phoebe it is

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Marriage

                    Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    37-years, 4-months, 12-days, 8-hours and 26-minutes but who's counting?

                    Every minute has been a pleasure.

                    Mark
                    There has got to be a medal or award of some kind for such a great attitude over that period of time. April 16th will be 25 for my wife and I, we've probably been passionate lovers half the time and mutual combatants the other half. Marriage is so much more complicated than we can possibly understand when we enter into it. Having children and aging all put a different spin on the relationship and those of us who can roll with the changes can keep it together. For us being able to argue and make up has been key. I constantly think about my behavior and manners and I think to myself how would I want some guy to treat my daughter and that's how I try and treat my wife. Right Honey?
                    Last edited by Frankiarmz; 04-12-2008, 08:58 PM. Reason: sp

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Marriage

                      Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      There has got to be a medal or award of some kind for such a great attitude over that period of time. April 16th will be 25 for my wife and I, we've probably been passionate lovers half the time and mutual combatants the other half. Marriage is so much more complicated than we can possibly understand when we enter into it. Having children and aging all put a different spin on the relationship and those of us who can roll with the changes can keep it together. For us being able to argue and make up has been key. I constantly think about my behavior and manners and I think to myself how would I want some guy to treat my daughter and that's how I try and treat my wife. Right Honey?
                      Thanks, Brenda and I dated through High School and married shortly after. What made it even stranger is we've worked together in all of the businesses we've owned. To this day she will work one site while I am on the other.

                      Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Marriage

                        Me and the wif have been together for 8 years but married for almost 5. Not trying to take the thread over but maybe those who have been married awhile could also post what contributing factor played a role in their successful marriage?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Marriage

                          Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          Me and the wif have been together for 8 years but married for almost 5. Not trying to take the thread over but maybe those who have been married awhile could also post what contributing factor played a role in their successful marriage?
                          Not to sound sarcastic but basic stuff like not being unfaithful and not being abusive are very important on both sides. Really loving eachother and believing that it's forever. Giving eachother a little slack for being who you are, by that I mean if you have children you understand your wife's nature of being a Mom over being your lover. I said it before but I constantly check myself because I think it's in our nature to misbehave and we need to call ourselves on how we act before anyone else does. I really do think of my wife as someones daughter and I want my daughters treated well, so I work at doing the right thing. If somethings bothering either of you speak up, don't let it build up until it's real bad. You and your wife are together eight years, I'd say that's a good sign that you're doing good without any help.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Marriage

                            Putting family before everything else helps a bunch. It also helps to never go to bed mad regardless of who's fault you think it is.

                            Mark
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                            I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Marriage

                              Ben, Honest answer...

                              Putting my wife's well being before my own. and vise versa.

                              Ephesians25. "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her"

                              Far from perfect at it but I think 95% of the success in our marriage is by us serving each other (AKA not being selfish). I really couldn't ask for more in a marriage. I'm a lucky guy

                              Josh

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X