Put up or shut up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Put up or shut up

One very common misunderstanding is that co'2 levels cause the temperature to rise when if fact the temperature must rise before co'2 levels will.

Now if you will excuse me I have a pile of old tires to burn.
    sigpic

Comment

If gas gets more expensive then we will not be able to afford all the crap china and india sends us, we will buy less, they will make less money and then they will not be able to buy gas, which will bring the price of gas down...It is a circle.
      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael View Post
        If gas gets more expensive then we will not be able to afford all the crap china and india sends us, we will buy less, they will make less money and then they will not be able to buy gas, which will bring the price of gas down...It is a circle.
        I've been saying the same thing and it makes sense that anything that makes us less able to consume the world's goods will hurt them in the long run. I don't care if they are paying ten times what we do for gas, we are the ones driving to work and driving trucks to deliver all that junk to our stores to be purchased. The folks in india, china and mexico for example are not buying laptops and ipods, heck if we did not consume their illegal drugs they'd starve. Good thing our government looks the other way and has no border security to speak of!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          I've been seeing in the paper, TV, this forum, etc how things are going downhill from global warning, cheap illegal labor force, dependency on foreign material, welfare, etc. Point being, what are you doing as an individual about it? I'm not talking about lobbying at congress or raising a million dollars for greenpeace. I'm talking about simple things that if we all did, the compounding effect would be enormous.

-when I go to grainger and they tell me that there is an american made equivilant, I buy that product even though it cost more.
          -I switched brands of gas away from shell when I recently found out(through this forum) how much oil they get from the middle east.
          -I do recycle(not just copper either)
          -I try to buy consumables in bulk packages so less waste is produced.
          -I check my tire pressure reducing excess fuel and saves me money
          There are countless other small thing we can do and these were just some examples

These things aren't strenuous or require a lot of effort, just a little careful forthought on my part. Doing these small things doesn't allow me to pass judgement on anyone and that's not what this thread is about. The same people that whine and complain about these things are often the same people that do nothing about it, they just sit and whine about it and expect the government to fix everything.

So which one are you? A talker or a doer?
          been doing conservation for several years now.. am pretty sure am a doer..

Comment

Working...
          X