X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Basement

One of my pals called me and and suggested I stop by his jobsite where he is backfilling a basement and digging a pond for a new house. The house is pretty big, I think he told me it is 2,500 sq ft. The astounding thing to me, and what he wanted to show me, is the basement. The owner's pre-teen son wanted to play basketball so the basement has 18 foot ceiings. Talk about indulging your kids. So far $2.5 million just to get out of the ground.

Re: Big Basement

I just want 10 ft ceilings so I can hit golf balls in the basement. right my my ceilings are about 6'4"

Comment

Aren't you 6'7"?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

6' 6" yes I cant walk upright in my basement
        Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        Aren't you 6'7"?

Comment

I'm only 5'10" but my basement height is 5'5" and it doens't matter how tall you are if you can't stand up straight. Banging my head is a joy compared to the lower back pain from staying bent over slightly. My basement is really more of a crawl space because of the height, sure wish it was a few inches taller. I think only tall guys like Josh can understand the disadvantages while most of us think it's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom W View Post
            One of my pals called me and and suggested I stop by his jobsite where he is backfilling a basement and digging a pond for a new house. The house is pretty big, I think he told me it is 2,500 sq ft. The astounding thing to me, and what he wanted to show me, is the basement. The owner's pre-teen son wanted to play basketball so the basement has 18 foot ceiings. Talk about indulging your kids. So far $2.5 million just to get out of the ground.
            Are you sure the house isn't a little larger than 2,500 sq ft? It seems like you could get a lot more work done for $2.5 million.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Maybe the 2500sf is just the first floor???? Regardless, that's a lot of excavation!

Comment

WOW! Wrong placement of comma sure made a difference. The house is 25,000 (twentyfive thousand) square feet. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                  WOW! Wrong placement of comma sure made a difference. The house is 25,000 (twentyfive thousand) square feet. Sorry.
                  LOL-I figured that's what you meant. I'm sure you're not the first one to have rushed a post without doubling checking I do it all the time.

Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                  X