X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else had so much trouble with warranty and customer service

or is it just me. My 18v hammerdrill broke and i sent it in to a service center they authorized to fix it. the service center got it on the 28th of Feb. and when I asked customer support about it they told me to pick it up and send it somewhere else. then when I complained about that they told me that the owner of the service center said he might be able to fix it and would call me. I never got a call. I called customer support today to try and get a new drill and they said that they have to get an ok from the independent repair center that said they might be able to fix it. I am a reasonable person, I just want my drill back working or a new one. does anyone on here know anyone I can call at Ridgid to resolve this problem. customer service just isn't working. let me know if you have had a similar experience. or please tell me why I should keep using Ridgid power tools. thanks

Has anyone else had trouble with warranty and customer service with Ridgid tools

my drill has been at one of their authorized service centers since feb 28th I called the service center and they said that their basement was flooded but they would look at my drill right away. ( that never happened) customer service from Ridgid responded to my first polite e-mail with ( we recommend you pick up the drill and take it to another service center) I was shocked! I e-mailed them a slightly ignorant letter to which they replied ( the owner of the tool service center said he might be able to fix it - might - isn't this the guy with the authorized service center. and they said he would contact me to let me know what is going on. I have not heard from him. I called Ridgid today and they said that they couldn't send me a new drill unless the owner of the service center authorized it. Doesn't the Ridgid have any say in their own customer satisfaction. I loe My ridgid drill and until now would have recommended the brand to anyone. not any more. My friends Makita broke and they told him they would send him a new one. he had it in three days.
    is there anyone who can help me get this resolved. Help

Comment

Re: Has anyone else had so much trouble with warranty and customer service

Man, it seems like we're hearing more and more of these types of stories lately.

Ridgid's # is- 1-800-4-RIDGID

Ridgid's has had my combustible leak (gas) detector for awhile now, and I'm starting to get pretty heated about it myself.

From the Burgh eh? What part? Go Steelers! My grandparents live in Duquense, nice area around there.
      Last edited by Aaron91; 04-22-2008, 07:56 PM.
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Re: Has anyone else had so much trouble with warranty and customer service

It should be Ridgid's job to lean on the local repair center not yours. I strongly suggest you CALL Ridgid. Emails can get misinterpreted or directed to the wrong place, etc. When you do call, keep notes and especially try to get the name of the person you are talking to (helps if you need to follow up, and lets them know that you are serious and anything they do say may be used against them later). Stay polite but firm. If you don't get an answer you are happy with, request to talk to a supervisor. If you're still not happy, stay polite and firm and keep working up the chain of command. You may have to repeat your story several times, but stay polite. I once worked all the way up to the CEO of HP before I finally got an answer I was happy with.

Comment

Working...
        X