Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

I used a toilet seat bidet today...yipes!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used a toilet seat bidet today...yipes!

I'm doing a job at the house of a Japanese woman and her family. This is the second time I've come across a customers bathroom that has a bidet installed--one of the good ones too with heated seat, air drying--the works.

The first time was in an $8 million house doing a $41,000 reface job. Really rich people give me the creeps as it is, and it was the first time I had actually sat on one of those seats, so I was too nervous to try it and went with the good old sears catalogue--I mean paper. But the *ahem*discussion here on the forum had me pretty curious about the thing.

This time I felt pretty comfortable and welcome in the house, and so I says to myself, "eff it" and gave it a whirl.

First thought was "does this thing have a laser aim?!?" because let me tell you--bullseye.

I won't go into grittier details than that unless asked, but I could see getting used to the thing. I'm not about to go get one tonight and install it in my apartment, but I can definately see the benifits. I felt pretty fresh and clean after and wasn't worried about a weak flush not doing it's job from too much paper.

Maybe one day when I have my own house and a few extra bucks...

Eli
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Re: I used a toilet seat bidet today...yipes!

eli, joey still has my gift i gave her. still gift wrapped.

if you want it, i can ship it. same price as i paid.

let me know

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I'll tell ya, man......I can see the benefits to having one of these things. Just the damn savings in paper would pay for it.

Everyone wants to be "fresh".....

Especially on those days when you have a stomach-flu and that "fresh feeling" disappears around 7:00 AM............
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

let me know

rick.
        what happened, I thought the bidet salesman(can't remember his name) would buy it from you if you didn't like it.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          what happened, I thought the bidet salesman(can't remember his name) would buy it from you if you didn't like it.
          John Crapper was full of. . .well you know
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            We would've for the price we could get them for. Now we found a better unit then the TOTO 300. So I'm not all that interested.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
              I'm doing a job at the house of a Japanese woman and her family. This is the second time I've come across a customers bathroom that has a bidet installed--one of the good ones too with heated seat, air drying--the works.

The first time was in an $8 million house doing a $41,000 reface job. Really rich people give me the creeps as it is, and it was the first time I had actually sat on one of those seats, so I was too nervous to try it and went with the good old sears catalogue--I mean paper. But the *ahem*discussion here on the forum had me pretty curious about the thing.

This time I felt pretty comfortable and welcome in the house, and so I says to myself, "eff it" and gave it a whirl.

First thought was "does this thing have a laser aim?!?" because let me tell you--bullseye.

I won't go into grittier details than that unless asked, but I could see getting used to the thing. I'm not about to go get one tonight and install it in my apartment, but I can definately see the benifits. I felt pretty fresh and clean after and wasn't worried about a weak flush not doing it's job from too much paper.

Maybe one day when I have my own house and a few extra bucks...

Eli
              Glad to hear you tried it. They make all different styles in all different price ranges. so don't let price scare you off. Ken and I are not joking about these things . I only wish I would have tried one years ago so I could have told some of my relatives with bad mobility about them before they died.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

let me know

rick.
                Thanks for the offer Rick, but my girl said no-go too. Her issue is that I'm 'sposed to be saving pennies for a ring .

If you still have it when i get that situated I may just take you up on it.

Eli

Comment

Thanks for the offer Rick, but my girl said no-go too. Her issue is that I'm 'sposed to be saving pennies for a ring .

If you still have it when i get that situated I may just take you up on it.

Eli
                  If she says no now, she is not going to say yes with a ring on her finger
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                    If she says no now, she is not going to say yes with a ring on her finger
                    I think she's okay with the bidet idea, just not with me spending cash on a toilet ring instead of an engagement ring at the moment. Unless it's a rope-a-dope move and all the "maybe"s turn into "no way"s once the deal is sealed!

Eli

Comment

I think she's okay with the bidet idea, just not with me spending cash on a toilet ring instead of an engagement ring at the moment. Unless it's a rope-a-dope move and all the "maybe"s turn into "no way"s once the deal is sealed!

Eli
                      I would go with choice #2
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                        I'll tell ya, man......I can see the benefits to having one of these things. Just the damn savings in paper would pay for it.

Everyone wants to be "fresh".....

Especially on those days when you have a stomach-flu and that "fresh feeling" disappears around 7:00 AM............
                        Your right about the savings in paper. Heck a cheap unit costs about $70.00. You'd save that in T.P in no time.

I'll change the word fresh for clean. You are clean every time. It's great!!!!

Comment

O.K. so what is better than the Toto 300 that you have found?

Never used a bidet. My wife also said "no way" when I asked her about one when the big bidet thread got going.
                          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

No toilet paper needed???/ Don't you need to dry the area?

Comment

Originally posted by BENWANNABE View Post
                              No toilet paper needed???/ Don't you need to dry the area?
                              PLEASE, I am begging you to just do a search on bidets rather than starting this back up
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Working...
                              X