Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leave your worries at the door

Thought y'all might like this idea..
    We all Need a Tree!

I hired a plumber to help me restore an old farmhouse, and after he had just finished a rough first day on the job, a flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit, and his ancient one ton truck refused to start.

While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands.

When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation. His face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.

Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.

'Oh, that's my trouble tree,' he replied. 'I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, those troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and the children. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home and ask God to take care of them. Then in the morning I pick them up again.

Funny thing is,' he smiled, 'when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before.'

The wife just sent me this, and I know I'm getting pretty bad, but the first thing I thought was: "the drill was probably a Black and Decker"
    Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Re: Leave your worries at the door

Thanks that was worth reading.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Thanks Big Dog.
      I too need to try something like that.

shup

Comment

Thats heart warming, very good......
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

The world would certainly be a much better place if everyone had one of those trees and used it. Thanks for sharing that.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Big Dog,

Good story, that was much appreciated. Thanks for posting it.

CWS

Comment

awesome very humbling.

Comment

My trouble tree got overgrown, so I cut it down and burned it.
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I don't have a trouble tree. I try to leave the bad stuff in the driveway. Whatever clings on to me gets knocked off when my little boy discovers that daddy is home and comes running to me.
                  ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

that was a great read, I wont forget it

Comment

because of all my troubles there is a forest in my bk yard.....

nice post
                      §m€llŸ™

Comment

pic of bk yard two weeks ago
                        Attached Files
                        §m€llŸ™

Comment

I agree that was a great eye opening story. I wonder how many families would be happier if they read and used this kind of advice, well you woke some of us up!

Comment

I am glad I read this thread...growing up I could always tell what type of mood my father was in when he pulled into the driveway. I was also often told, "Your father has had a long day at the office," which meant disapper and don't bother him.

My four year old boy and two year old daughter always come out running to see me when I get home. Most of the time I kneel down and hug both...but on some days they hug a leg and I give a pat on the head because of my bad mood. The days when your kids come out running with excitement to see you won't last long...so I have designated a bush by our walks as my "trouble tree."

Thanks

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6POCwEzegw
                              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X