X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fireants

Just wondering how far north fireants are found. They're all over the place here and seem to really be attracted to things electrical. Many times when I open a telco equipment enclosure or an outside AC box, there's a huge mound of fireants. I've seen 'em so thick on an outside condensing unit, they blocked contactors. When you go dove hunting, you'd better pick up your bird within a few minutes, or it'll be covered with ants if the whole pasture hasn't been treated.
    Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Re: fireants

We don't get Fire Ants, Snakes, Killer Bees, Black Widows, Termites and Cockroaches. I love where I live.

But we do get the Mosquitoes and Horse Flies, but if you live in a town, you can just about forget about the Mosquitoes part, they like the woods.

No Earthquakes and Hurricanes either. Life is good up here........
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Hey Garager, you forgot Gila monsters, scorpions, tarantulas and mountain lions!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
        We don't get Fire Ants, Snakes, Killer Bees, Black Widows, Termites and Cockroaches. I love where I live.

But we do get the Mosquitoes and Horse Flies, but if you live in a town, you can just about forget about the Mosquitoes part, they like the woods.

But you still have snow on the ground while we are tanning our pasty skin

No cockroaches?...really? What about ticks?

Comment

Garager,
          don't forget under snakes we have: cottonmouths, coral and several styles of rattle-gators. We also have the brown recluse spider (worse than a black widow) and in west texas a nasty lookin critter called a vinegaron (not sure about the spelling).
          there's tornados a-plenty and if you get caught in a blue-norther up on the caprock in west texas, you'll freeze your hinney off.
          don't forget the 42 different types of cactus and the mesquite thorns will poison you good if you don't get 'em out right-away.

They say the devil visited Texas once, but went back home after a week 'cause he wasn't man enough to tough it out......
          Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Comment

Ticks are only somewhat bad in the spring, but they don't bother me non, sketters are more of a pest then ticks. As far as the snow goes, you need to use it to your advantage, get into snow sports. I must admit during spring time, when you have been waiting and waiting for the warm up, mother nature will fool you, but we're used to it and expect a false spring.

Big Dog, I used to live down in Houston and Dallas, many, many moons ago and I can truthfully say, that state wasn't for me. Shortly afterwards, I moved to Fairbanks and North Pole Alaska for a few years. Coming back to MN after that, was like living in a very warm climate. Alaska was tough.

Yes PC, no cockroaches, not where I live, how about you Pipestone, you have any over there????
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

That's cause it is so cold there they would freeze their nudicals

I use to see fire ants in Milwaukee-That is pretty north from ya
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                That's cause it is so cold there they would freeze their nudicals

I use to see fire ants in Milwaukee-That is pretty north from ya
                Plumber Rick--you better buy the wife a compass-seems she doesn't know North from South!
                No cockroaches over here, Garager.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                  Plumber Rick--you better buy the wife a compass-seems she doesn't know North from South!

Didn't you know? Rick says I need my GPS so I can find my way to the glove box

Where did I go wrong this time? Isn't he from Texas?
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

No cockroaches over here, Garager.
                    joey knows how to find the mall and where she parked the car

she has a gps and doesn't use it.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

We get black flies and mosquitos the size of small birds.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                        Didn't you know? Rick says I need my GPS so I can find my way to the glove box

Where did I go wrong this time? Isn't he from Texas?
                        Ah, Joey, Big Dog is from Texas, but you were responding to Garager and he is definitely North of Milwaukee. Of course, after being married for 54 years, I should have realized it was the female mind working and we males can't keep up with that!!!

Comment

Ah, Joey, Big Dog is from Texas, but you were responding to Garager and he is definitely North of Milwaukee. Of course, after being married for 54 years, I should have realized it was the female mind working and we males can't keep up with that!!!
                          I was responding to both. First Garager then Big Dog. I should have multi-quoted for clarity
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

To answer the original question, I'm in eastern North Carolina and the fire ants have a healthy population here. I "nuke' about a dozen new hills after every rain. Just moves 'em 'cause I don't think anything will kill them. They've been up here at least 5 years if not longer. We also have mocassins, timber rattlers, pigmy rattlers, cottonmouths, coral snakes, but the worst is the copperheads. Brown recluse are here, but the black widows are more prevalent.

Go
                            Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
                            X