Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid's Customer Service Sucks

Alright, I've had enough...

Ridgid received my new combustible gas sniffer on April 12th. It turns out something was wrong with it, and there was a re call on a sticker, yes a sticker.

It's getting close to an entire month now, with no contact via PM, e-mail, or phone call letting me know whats going on, or when I should expect to receive one back.

At the beginning, Josh looked into this for me, which was pretty cool of him to do.

Does Ridgid forget that people make a living off of the products they sell?!

I honestly don't mind the prices of the tools, because I've been pleased with the products and how they work, expect for the gas sniffer.

I don't understand why a company the size of Ridgid doesn't have several of the current model tools to just send out, once they receive the broken one, and obviously if fits within the criteria that the owner receive a new one.

It seems that there's been more and more threads bashing Ridgids Customer Service, I think it's something that the guys on the top of the ladder should start looking into.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Re: Ridgid's Customer Service Sucks

I for one think you are absolutely justified for being upset. Who do they think buys such a device? Josh understands your dilemna but although he got involed, it's obvious that the people you originally contacted should have made every effort to correct the situation. What about all the consumers who do not frequent this Forum? They only have customer service and once they burn their bridges that customer is lost! Not all customers will be happy with the sevice they receive, we understand that fact but here is someone who is trying to be reasonable and patient and not getting anywhere. I think of all the posts I read that talked about the misinformation over the compact lithium ion AH's and all the tool suggestions, and never did anyone high up on the ladder respond. We are in difficult economic times and in all probability headed for tougher times, would it kill the folks at Ridgid to step up and give Josh some support on this Forum? Come on if you are out there reading, stop for a moment and get involved! Make an effort to right some wrongs and start by sending this man the working product he paid for and needs. Get down in the trenches with the folks who buy your tools and show you care about them and value their business. If you guys hear nothing but silence I guess that's your answer!

Comment

I put out roughly $250 to test gas work, and find leaks in existing gas work, and take a guess how I'm testing gas work now?!

A couple dollar bottle of soap.
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Aaron

Maybe out friend "Plumber Rick" can help shake things up regarding this matter. As for the bubble soap, never give up the faithful and simple ways of testing things. I wish you all the best in getting either a replacement or a full refund quickly. Aaron, Keep calling customer service and I hope you recorded everything on the name plate and kept mailing records and such. If everyone that sent in defective gas detectors and never got anywhere with replacements banded together and filed a class action suit, then things would change fast.

To everyone: It seems anymore that about every sizable (and too many small ones too) company is totally lacking in customer service and that they really can't give a rat's @$$ about the customers anymore. As long at their &^%$# sells and $$$ rolls in that's all that matters. The CEO and CFO keep telling everyone to rip off everyone until we all get angry, form a huge armed army and take revenge.

Comment

I have no problem testing with soap, and I know many on here prefer soap actually, and too each their own. But for me, I feel better testing with the detector and can test more pipes and fittings in less time with the detector.
          Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

To reinerate what Woussko said, every time you communicate with Ridgid about this, you need to record who(by name), time and date. This will show a track record of where the ball is being dropped. If head of customer service gets an email that says; I called 5 times and was told last month my detector would be ready. Not very specific. But if the department head got an email that said; mailed package on this date, phoned on this date, at this time, talked to xxxxx and he/she said it would be ready on this day. Which one do you think would get a better response? Always remember "who, what,when and why" when dealing with customer service. After I talk to someone on the phone about service, I ask for their name and how to spell it, and if theres anyone else with that same name in that dept. This alerts that person that you know who they are and if they give you bad service or don't follow up, you have the info to give to their boss.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I hear you guys, and understand and have started, and will continue to document until it's over with but...

That's flat out bull **** to make a customer go through that. It shouldn't be called Customer Service if I'm taking down more information than the person on the other end of the phone.
              Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                I hear you guys, and understand and have started, and will continue to document until it's over with but...

That's flat out bull **** to make a customer go through that. It shouldn't be called Customer Service if I'm taking down more information than the person on the other end of the phone.
                That's called "CYA"-cover your a$$.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I think the worst thing about this story is that it is a plumbing tool that the customer service is crappy on. If it were woodworking, at least you could blame OWT, but this is something that is going to be made by Ridge tool company. If they don't even care about their top-of-the-line pro bread-and-butter line of tools, then why would anyone who licenses it for other tools care.

Comment

I cannot think of one thing that Ridgid could do worse. Piss off the apprentice plumbers and see what the future holds for Ridgid.
                    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

it is like the old saying you get what you paid for and if the customer service people dont get paid a lot then theres your problem

cheep help
                      Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                      http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                      http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                        it is like the old saying you get what you paid for and if the customer service people dont get paid a lot then theres your problem

cheep help
                        You may be right, but the folks I spoke to months ago were Americans and didn't know what they were talking about, so it's not like they were in another country. Regarding this situation the folks at customer service should have helped this guy and once he posted here someone at Ridgid should have corrected the situation. Here we have Josh who got involved and I'm sure bumped it to someone above himself and still nothing was done to make things right. This goes beyond customer service and here we are talking about this and you would think someone in a position of power would pick up on it and step in. Imagine how great it would be to have that happen? Any concerned Ridgid folks other than Josh care to jump in and make a statment ? Awful quiet out there...

Comment

It's posts like this one that gets people to thinking about other brands. As for some types of hand plumbing tools (and many more tools) there are other companies, many which are smaller and held (stocks) by USA citizens. I for one try to buy from them as they do have better customer support and many will never, ever sell their tools through big box stores. They support serious supply houses and real tool dealers. When a company/corporation becomes too big, they forget who it was that helped them grow.

Bottom line: Check out other companies for your needs and then contact them. See how they are regarding customer service. Will they mail out parts lists? Do they know their products? Attitude in general?

Comment

Working...
                          X