Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum Upgrade - so what do you think so far

Originally posted by Josh View Post
    Now we know not to take wrench spinners advice on tools since he is just a Babysitter
    I put that in the other day because I spent all day following my guys around i didnt get anything done!!!! I felt like a baby sitter especially when my helper started complainging to mea bout his mechanic..... "He never lets me solder!" " I feel like a gopher" to which i responded "you have been here a week get over it!"

Comment

Does everyone agree? If I take it off the display below your post count you will have to drill all the way down into a profile to find the thanks stats.

Originally posted by garager View Post
      I can't figure out how to create a private message, or to create friends. The only part of your change that I don't like is, the showing of thanks, its dumb. But I do like the thanks in the threads, where you can put in your hidden message sort of speak. Get rid of the thanks under our names....

Comment

Does everyone agree? If I take it off the display below your post count you will have to drill all the way down into a profile to find the thanks stats.
        I agree with taking it off each post.

I also think better than a thanks button would be like a "+1" or "right on" button to indicate agreement w/o actually having to make a post for it.

Comment

GARAGER,

To send a PM, click on the contact you wan to send the pm to. You will get their full profile. Then there is a bar that says about me, contact info etc...

Click on conatct info and under that it says send a private message...click on that

Comment

Garager, there are step-by-step instructions here

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17587
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

i think the thanks is a little distractive and will blow over as we get tired of it showing up under all the post.

there is a rating system for the post and it never really gets used.

i would think if you got rid of the thanks and just went to a thread rating, it will simplify the process.

a few years back there was the rating system of members. it was more of a popularity contest with the other members. glad it vanished as some loved you and some hated you. i was borderline

i do like the high lites/ colors on location and occupation. i wish people would give a proper location as it really helps to understand which codes apply. also a real occupation so others will know a little about the poster.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I'll give this a day to see what everyones opinions are. If nobody wants it then we can just take that function out.

Josh

Comment

Rick, didn't you just say to remove the thanks. . . .right before you thanked Josh

The Following User Says Thank You to Josh For This Useful Post:
                  PLUMBER RICK [Posting Award] [Activity Award] (Today)

You can't have it both ways-poop or get off the pot
                  Last edited by MrsSeatDown; 05-07-2008, 11:08 AM.
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

the thanks stats dont take up space it is just up there

the thanks button is ok but i like the idea about the A+ on right on ,something so you dont have to put a post just to say that you agree with what the said .
                    but some love to post to get there count up
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I'm new here but have to say this is one of the best laid out forums I have joined. I belong to 5 other's and this is a great site with a lot of activity going on.

shup

Comment

Whether it be in a blog or whatever I believe we should have a "New Feature Upgrades for Dummies". I am certain there are a lot of advantages to the upgrades which will be wasted unless some one gives us a little jump start.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          Whether it be in a blog or whatever I believe we should have a "New Feature Upgrades for Dummies". I am certain there are a lot of advantages to the upgrades which will be wasted unless some one gives us a little jump start.

Mark
                          AGREE!!!!! Great idea

Comment

I agree as well.. just gotta find time to put one together

Comment

I haven't looked at everything yet but I like what I see so far, Josh

Not a big deal but if you get a chance to work on the Smiles I like to have a couple added if thats possible. Every now and then I'd like to give someone the thumbs down sign. You have two smiles with thumbs up and one with a middle finger but my emotions sometimes fall in the middle there. Also missing is a sign for money $$. I think this one would get used a lot.

Comment

Thats not a middle finger.. its a nice finger in the eye . If you guys can find some thumbs down smilies I can put em in there. I just dont have the time to track em down. Be careful smiley hunting though. There are a lot of spam sites out there that lure people in with the promise of smilies.

Josh

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                                I haven't looked at everything yet but I like what I see so far, Josh

Not a big deal but if you get a chance to work on the Smiles I like to have a couple added if thats possible. Every now and then I'd like to give someone the thumbs down sign. You have two smiles with thumbs up and one with a middle finger but my emotions sometimes fall in the middle there. Also missing is a sign for money $$. I think this one would get used a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X