Forum Upgrade - so what do you think so far

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum Upgrade - so what do you think so far

Josh, I belong to a few forums, from tools to MMA to blackberry. This is my very favorite by far. It is the easiest to use/navigate and also has the best members. While you can obviously take credit for the first part, ease of use, I think you get a lot of credit for the second, the great membership. It is because of your work that so many people have stuck around for so long and found this place so inviting and useful. Cripes, you even get credit for me joining the other forums because of my great experience here.

Thanks, man!

Eli
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Josh,

Not to spoil your day but I just tried to add a link to the MA Plumbing Code to the Job Site Links and after all my work got a error message.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Sweet - Do you happen to remember what the error said. Thanks for the heads up.
        Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Josh,

Not to spoil your day but I just tried to add a link to the MA Plumbing Code to the Job Site Links and after all my work got a error message.

Mark
        Last edited by Josh; 05-08-2008, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          Sweet - Do you happen to remember what the error said. Thanks for the heads up.
          Just for you I re-entered all of the info so I could copy the error message.

Submit a Resource

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
          error '80040e57'
          String or binary data would be truncated. /submit_new.asp, line 111

Mark

Comment

I just noticed your "what's a tag?" link is dead also.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              Just for you I re-entered all of the info so I could copy the error message.

Submit a Resource

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
              error '80040e57'
              String or binary data would be truncated. /submit_new.asp, line 111

Mark
              Thanks for taking one for the team. Too bad there wasn't a way for you to save it after you went to all that trouble
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                Thanks for taking one for the team. Too bad there wasn't a way for you to save it after you went to all that trouble
                I saved the link as a favorite so it will go up as soon as the site is fixed.

Mark

Comment

Josh, a few thoughts of my own:
                  • Time appears to be off on the forum main page. It doesn't appear to be EDT correctly.
                  • The thanks thing appears to be too much of a distraction. I myself almost prefer if it is in the top right corner of our posts. But it's still a bit of a distraction there. I just don't like how it's a separate line underneath of a post, with everyone's names listed there. Maybe just a way to put it within the post itself, and just a number shown for number of times thanked.
                  • I like the profession and location fields in highlighted colour. As others have mentioned, a cool addition.
                  • What's with the medals thing? I've clicked on some of them, and there seems to be a bunch of different ones. What's the story with these? How do we nominate people, and/or vote for certain ones for people?
                  • I think the "blog entries" thing is a bit of an extra eyesore also. Just my thought.
                  • HEY - where did the middle-finger and two-fingers smiley's go?!!?!?! Ahhhh! LOL. Those were the best ones!
                  Thanks Josh. Looking good so far - nice fresh updates.

Comment

Canucks-that isn't a middle finger You aren't the only one to think it though It is an index finger poking himself in the eye.

How come the little running dog doesn't run anymore? It is frozen in time.
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Canucks-that isn't a middle finger You aren't the only one to think it though It is an index finger poking himself in the eye.

No, no, no - I know the index finger in the eye one.

But there used to be two different smileys that were giving the middle finger. One was called "two-finger", and it was the green "big grin" smiley giving two middle-fingers. Loved it! Best...smiley...ever.

And that dog does appear to be running. Or it could just be me having another flashback.

Comment

If I am not mistaken we did at one time have the middle finger smiley and it now seems he was kidnapped in the dark of the night.

Mark

Comment

Must have missed it

The dog gives the impression of moving but there is no actual movement at my end. It use to run in place.
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Must have missed it

The dog gives the impression of moving but there is no actual movement at my end. It use to run in place.
                            I'm seeing it from this end as running in it's spot. Hmmmm.

And yes, if you missed the two-fingers smiley, MrsSeatDown, you missed out - I know there's been a few times when you might have unleashed the furry of the two-fingers on Rick!

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                              And yes, if you missed the two-fingers smiley, MrsSeatDown, you missed out - I know there's been a few times when you might have unleashed the furry of the two-fingers on Rick!
                              HAHA! Nope. I just threaten to poison his food. But it isn't really worth doing because I will just end up having to take care of him. Besides, the spouse is always the first suspect
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

HAHA! Nope. I just threaten to poison his food. But it isn't really worth doing because I will just end up having to take care of him. Besides, the spouse is always the first suspect
                                Ooooh. Ouch - Rick, you poor soul! MrsSeatDown, yourself and my wife would get along quite fine: she's a nurse (and we both do the search & rescue thing), so if I screw up, she just threatens to inject me with something in the middle of the night. As she puts it, she knows how to kill me 101 ways - of which, there's a dozen or so ways that she states are undetectable.

So I myself am screwed. I feel for you, Rick!

Comment

Working...
                                X