X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Upgrade - so what do you think so far

Opinions on the upgrade? Anything we should change that I have missed. I think I like the new toys so far. Some cool new functionality, especially the new social stuff.

Re: Forum Upgrade - so what do you think so far

Josh

I'm old fashioned and like to follow the K I S S rule. Let's not get too fancy and make it hard for new members.

Comment

I just timed out on the Forum for the last 10-minutes. Does that have anything to do with the upgrade?

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        I just timed out on the Forum for the last 10-minutes. Does that have anything to do with the upgrade?

Mark
        i was booted too

i need my fix

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

everything seems to be working fine now. WHo knows.. maybe just a hicup.

Comment

Josh,
            Thank you so much for your hard work providing us with a comfortable networking site ...............................But

What happened to the profession listing.When someone asks a question our response can be more informative based on their knowledge/skill level.I would gladly give up my post count,badges,happy faces,lollypops
            pats on the back,blogs etc.And go back to a simple name,location,profession.
            Last edited by drtyhands; 05-07-2008, 10:54 PM.

Comment

ok.. all I ma missing is the profession in the upper right. I will work on getting that one back up there. Didnt even notice.

Thats what this is all about. Getting everything back up to snuff along with all the new bells and whistles not distracting but actually adding to the experience.

Josh

Comment

I like seeing the blog entries, personally. I think, though, that the "thanks" thing is not as useful as the profession entry that used to be there. While anyone can thank anyone else, a professional responding to a question is more what we're about here. Like Dirtyhands points out, I'd rather see the person's professional qualifications than how many times others clicked the Thanks button for the guy.

EDIT: Thanks Josh...you were busy fixin while I was busy complainin!!!

That being said, we should all go thank Niki for another great post!!!

I'm still poking about figuring out the rest of the new stuff. The gallery seems to have changed, I think?

Josh, thank you for all you do for us. You're doing a great job of leading this forum.
                Last edited by VASandy; 05-07-2008, 08:16 AM. Reason: Josh beat me to the punch again.
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  Josh,
                  Thank you so much for your hard work providing us with a comfortable networking site ...............................But

What happened to the profession liting.When someone asks a question our response can be more informative based on their knowledge/skill level.I would gladly give up my post count,badges,happy faces,lollypops
                  pats on the back,blogs etc.And go back to a simple name,location,profession.
                  Yes where is the profession listing Josh, I`m just funny that way I like to know who I am talking to, a plumber or a joe bloggs.

Tony

Comment

Ok.. whats next....

See Adam... I'm looking out for ya

Let me know what else needs to be fixed/changed and I will address it whenever I get a chance.

Josh

Comment

great job josh this place is great! You have done a wonderful job! All of the updates are great I really think you have done the impossible....made this site even better!

Comment

Now we know not to take wrench spinners advice on tools since he is just a Babysitter

Comment

By God that was fast Josh, no sooner had I finished my comment than you had the proffessional listing up and running and in colour, can you walk on water.?

Tony

Comment

Well it sure makes keeping track of the time I waste at this damn computer easier to track
                            sigpic

Comment

I can't figure out how to create a private message, or to create friends. The only part of your change that I don't like is, the showing of thanks, its dumb. Get rid of the thanks under our names....

But I do like the thanks in the threads, where you can put in your hidden message sort of speak.
                              Last edited by garager; 05-07-2008, 12:20 PM.
                              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X