Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$4.23 for regular.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: $4.23 for regular.

    You have to be able to afford the new car, but. . .
    http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...NnYXMtY2FyZA--
    I love my plumber

    "My Hero"

    Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: $4.23 for regular.

      Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      You have a healthy attitude which understands we are all in this together. I get upset when I read some of the folks here who think this problem does not affect them because they can afford the gas. Well, it may not directly affect them now or even in the near future but it may. People will cut back more on certain construction and improvements as the economy worsens due to the price of oil and everything it impacts. The incidence of crime both violent and non-violent will increase as people become more desperate. I sure don't want my gas tank punctured by someone looking to steal my fuel. I'm not looking to stand on a chair and preach world peace and love thy brother, but things are gonna get ugly even if you can cover your bills.
      There is no question there is a trickle down cost to every increase. This morning I heard on the news they interviewed Baskin Robins (ice cream folks) about introducing a new product line considering the cost of milk and eggs. I was surprised to hear them say they are less worried about the cost of milk and eggs and more concerned about the cost of fuel. My immediate reaction was it has to be due to delivery cost but they said in fact it has to do with the cost of their bowls and spoon which require petroleum for production.

      Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: $4.23 for regular.

        Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
        You have to be able to afford the new car, but. . .
        http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...NnYXMtY2FyZA--
        Thats kind of interesting. It is sorting like heating oil in which you can get a ceiling price for a period of time (usually 1 year) by agreeing to only buy from one company. When you read the whole thing it sounds like Chrysler is using their bulk buying power to purchase hedges against fuel price increases (they were bought by a hedge fund), and passing that onto the consumer who wouldn't be able to enter into such contracts. Also, as they are picking $2.99, they are losing money on the deal (but they would by reducing the sale value of the car too).

        The biggest wrinkle is of course that the EPA estimated mileage for a car is B.S.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: $4.23 for regular.

          According to the aricle the car that they were demonstating the example of 28 mpg in Westchester we are paying about 3.89 a gallon based upon the numbers, 428.5 gallons at the purchase price of 2.99 they are only paying a diffence of about $400 per year for three years or $1,200 dollar a car versus the misc other rebates offered.... Just another scam. The prices of vehicles is out of hand in this country just as the price of gas!!!

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: $4.23 for regular.

            How about petitioning our liberal leaders to let us tap our own oil and be self sufficient. How about selling wheat, flour and corn to the opec members for $300/bag? We need to drill for oil at home, with that we will create new jobs, then the arabs and chavez can choke on their oil.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: $4.23 for regular.

              Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
              How about petitioning our liberal leaders to let us tap our own oil and be self sufficient. How about selling wheat, flour and corn to the opec members for $300/bag? We need to drill for oil at home, with that we will create new jobs, then the arabs and chavez can choke on their oil.
              AMEN!!!!!!!

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: $4.23 for regular.

                Just enter your zip code in the website below, and it tells you which gas stations have the cheapest prices (and the highest) on gas in your zip code area.
                It's updated every evening. Just click on the link.
                You will see a map of your area and then scroll down and you will get a listing of gas prices in your area with addresses and brands starting with the cheapest and going up.

                http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip= &src=Netx

                Be a good neighbor and pass this along.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: $4.23 for regular.

                  Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                  How about petitioning our liberal leaders to let us tap our own oil and be self sufficient. How about selling wheat, flour and corn to the opec members for $300/bag? We need to drill for oil at home, with that we will create new jobs, then the arabs and chavez can choke on their oil.
                  Heck Yeah! I'd also like to expand Indian Point, not only because we need the electricity and burning nat gas is stupid; but because it pays for 1/4 of my kid's education (1/3 of the taxes).

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: $4.23 for regular.

                    Originally posted by wrench spinner View Post
                    Just enter your zip code in the website below, and it tells you which gas stations have the cheapest prices (and the highest) on gas in your zip code area.
                    It's updated every evening. Just click on the link.
                    You will see a map of your area and then scroll down and you will get a listing of gas prices in your area with addresses and brands starting with the cheapest and going up.

                    http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip= &src=Netx

                    Be a good neighbor and pass this along.
                    That's pretty cool. I find that the Hess on 202 and the Shell/Sunoco on Rt. 6 are all pretty close on a regular basis.

                    I don't care too much about the differences less than 10 cents. For my cars even on a full tank that doesn't work out to much more than a buck.

                    The Citgo on 9A in Croton though is a rip-off, it is always like 20 cents higher. It has been at $3.99 for a couple of weeks. I just try to avoid going there, and instead go to whatever station is on the way to where I'm going on another trip anyway.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: $4.23 for regular.

                      Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                      How about petitioning our liberal leaders to let us tap our own oil and be self sufficient. How about selling wheat, flour and corn to the opec members for $300/bag? We need to drill for oil at home, with that we will create new jobs, then the arabs and chavez can choke on their oil.
                      Petiton our conservative leaders to open up the federal oil reserves and screw over the speculators who are helping to drive up prices! Forget about drilling for oil at home, it would take years and theirs is a better quality. I have two suggestions, us force to take the oil we need from the middle east including iraq. We could also employ millions to produce and install wind and solar alternative solutions right now. We need answers now not drilling and refineries tne years down the road. You can also forget hydrogen fuel cells, hybrid and plugin cars can be had right now and government rebates would help. If you want to build a future and employ then of thousands how about Nuclear energy? France makes it work, all we have to do is pass some laws that say if you are involved in the building or inspecting of these facilities and you do a substandard job there will be jail time. Like I said before the oil companies could find oil in their back yards and still charge us through the nose. We have to move away from oil, but for now I say take it by force.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: $4.23 for regular.

                        People just need more time. They aren't mad enough yet.
                        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: $4.23 for regular.

                          Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          Petiton our conservative leaders to open up the federal oil reserves and screw over the speculators who are helping to drive up prices! Forget about drilling for oil at home, it would take years and theirs is a better quality. I have two suggestions, us force to take the oil we need from the middle east including iraq. We could also employ millions to produce and install wind and solar alternative solutions right now. We need answers now not drilling and refineries tne years down the road. You can also forget hydrogen fuel cells, hybrid and plugin cars can be had right now and government rebates would help. If you want to build a future and employ then of thousands how about Nuclear energy? France makes it work, all we have to do is pass some laws that say if you are involved in the building or inspecting of these facilities and you do a substandard job there will be jail time. Like I said before the oil companies could find oil in their back yards and still charge us through the nose. We have to move away from oil, but for now I say take it by force.
                          I forgot you were the oil quality expert. So we shouldnt drill here because of how long it would take to get it out of the ground? What about future generations? And how long is too long? Where is the proof that our oil is of lesser quality? I sure havent read anything oon that. That sure sounds like the DNC talking points.

                          I am all for nuclear energy, as a matter of fact there is a power plant in my county, and I think it should be expanded, but the bleeding heart democraps in our state wont allow it and want to close the one we have now!

                          to think that wind mills and solar will work is just a pipe dream, its not going to happen. Face reality dude, we will NEVER get away from oil, it just aint going to happen. Drill here, refine here, work here, and be self sufficient here.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: $4.23 for regular.

                            So what happens when all the oil runs out?
                            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: $4.23 for regular.

                              Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                              I forgot you were the oil quality expert. So we shouldnt drill here because of how long it would take to get it out of the ground? What about future generations? And how long is too long? Where is the proof that our oil is of lesser quality? I sure havent read anything oon that. That sure sounds like the DNC talking points.

                              I am all for nuclear energy, as a matter of fact there is a power plant in my county, and I think it should be expanded, but the bleeding heart democraps in our state wont allow it and want to close the one we have now!

                              to think that wind mills and solar will work is just a pipe dream, its not going to happen. Face reality dude, we will NEVER get away from oil, it just aint going to happen. Drill here, refine here, work here, and be self sufficient here.
                              I don't want to argue with you and end up with both of us wiping away tears, truce? I'm not going to defend the democrats because while they have always been more for working folks and Union guys like myself they are as useless as the republicans. Our borders are still wide open and we are still sinking billions in iraq with nothing in return. The quality of oil in our region is something I've heard several times so I repeated it here. I'm no expert on oil but I'm also no dummy when it comes to understanding that the folks drilling for the oil will never give us a break. We will continue to pay more and more no matter where the oil comes from, even locally. Watch a movie called "Who Killed The Electric Car", I saw it a couple months ago and if half the stuff is true GM took a good battery vehicle and because it was doing well they recalled all of them. Hybrid and plugin cars are here and they work. The solar and windmill thing also works but is too expensive for most of us. I think President Bush and all the other politicians are out of touch with the average person because if they weren't they would be working hard to pass some laws and get a handle on this problem. They passed the homeland security act quick enough because we were at risk and the oil companies are putting us at risk, I'm sure about that! So you can keep blaming the bleeding heart democrats and praising the republicans or you can open your eyes and see that neither group is really "For The People". I miss sixty cent a gallon gasoline and my 350 4barrel Chevelle, so it really doesn't matter what needs to happen. Just fix the problem and let me drive, heat my home and eat.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: $4.23 for regular.

                                Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                                I don't want to argue with you and end up with both of us wiping away tears, truce? I'm not going to defend the democrats because while they have always been more for working folks and Union guys like myself they are as useless as the republicans. Our borders are still wide open and we are still sinking billions in iraq with nothing in return. The quality of oil in our region is something I've heard several times so I repeated it here. I'm no expert on oil but I'm also no dummy when it comes to understanding that the folks drilling for the oil will never give us a break. We will continue to pay more and more no matter where the oil comes from, even locally. Watch a movie called "Who Killed The Electric Car", I saw it a couple months ago and if half the stuff is true GM took a good battery vehicle and because it was doing well they recalled all of them. Hybrid and plugin cars are here and they work. The solar and windmill thing also works but is too expensive for most of us. I think President Bush and all the other politicians are out of touch with the average person because if they weren't they would be working hard to pass some laws and get a handle on this problem. They passed the homeland security act quick enough because we were at risk and the oil companies are putting us at risk, I'm sure about that! So you can keep blaming the bleeding heart democrats and praising the republicans or you can open your eyes and see that neither group is really "For The People". I miss sixty cent a gallon gasoline and my 350 4barrel Chevelle, so it really doesn't matter what needs to happen. Just fix the problem and let me drive, heat my home and eat.


                                I am not praising Republicans, I am disgusted just as much as you are.

                                To me it makes too much sense to drill here at home for something we will never stop using.

                                I am just tired of hearing about all these conspiracy theories about our government, senators, and president(s). This country isn't perfect but it is the greatest country in the world.

                                TRUCE

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X