X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $4.23 for regular.

Just forward my tax rebate check directly to the oil companies. If I get the choice, make it the one that had the tanker named after Condi.

Eli
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Re: $4.23 for regular.

stopped at the store yesterday for a cup of coffee. got in the van as a log truck was driving by. He was spewing fuel from one of his tanks. I chased him for 2 miles before he finally saw my lights flashing and pulled over. I told him he was spewing diesel out of one tank and he kinda gave me the "i doubt it look" we went to the passengers side and 53' of truck and trailer were covered in diesel. Then he gave me the look.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I heard people are poking the gas tanks from underneath filling up a bucket and then the rest just drips out everywhere
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

$4.23 is nothing, it will be $10/gallon soon enough. Enjoy these prices while it lasts!
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

my dump truck mack 10 wheeler costs $480+/- to fill up my big excavator (cat 312b) $210 my little excavator (cat 304 cr) $105 my backhoe (john deere 310d) $200 and on any given day one machine plus the truck is running and people still complain about my prices. 1500 a day for the big excavator, 800 for the mini and 1200 a day for the backhoe. with diesel at 4.80 i cant even think about negotioating prices the overhead is too damn high!

Comment

Yeah, I will be at $300 in gas by the end of the week.

My wife say's it's cheaper then in croatia, we have nothing to complain about right now

It keeps going up, so get used to it, when it goes up for 6 months, and then it will go to $4.00 a gallon, and we will think this is cheap, it's all a mind thing
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Confession time:

Once years ago ($1.40gal ish) 3:00 am I pumped at a pay at the pump. No one around as EVERYTHING closes around here at 9:00pm.
              Anyway, while the gas is pumping I decide to call my buddy on the pay phone to make sure hes out of bed cause I'm running late.
              Next thing I know a river is running from my car, out of the lot and, down the street.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                Confession time:

Once years ago ($1.40gal ish) 3:00 am I pumped at a pay at the pump. No one around as EVERYTHING closes around here at 9:00pm.
                Anyway, while the gas is pumping I decide to call my buddy on the pay phone to make sure hes out of bed cause I'm running late.
                Next thing I know a river is running from my car, out of the lot and, down the street.
                Can't afford to not pay attention now

Wooden, where in California are you? We are not quite that high yet.
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                  Can't afford to not pay attention now

Wooden, where in California are you? We are not quite that high yet.
                  I'm in the SF bay area, San Bruno. This is the station closest to my house () and is one of the most expensive. I paid $3.94 today in Oakland. $130 used to be a lot of money, now it is a tank of gas.

Eli
                  A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Conservation = Price Control
                    They got to keep selling and when the demand falls some so do prices. We the people of the USA need to just try it. Even at the same prices stretching things a bit will pay off.

Comment

We were lucky for about a 2 month period the 2 gas stations right by our house were in a bidding war with each other. They were almost $1 less than everywhere else. We had to go at off hours otherwise you could use a tank of gas waiting in line
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                        Yeah, I will be at $300 in gas by the end of the week.

My wife say's it's cheaper then in croatia, we have nothing to complain about right now

It keeps going up, so get used to it, when it goes up for 6 months, and then it will go to $4.00 a gallon, and we will think this is cheap, it's all a mind thing
                        It's a mind thing as long as you are in a position to pay for it and just need to adjust your attitude. People are mistaken to compare our price increases to that of places like europe where the folks have adjusted to higher prices over the years. Consider that it is also double digit increases in heating oil and food. I don't mean to pick on your last words but for many people it is no longer a question of attitude, there are more and more people who cannot afford these increases they simply do not earn enough money to cover their current bills. The folks who just don't have the money will have to choose between driving, staying warm and eating. What is your upper limit for gas, heat and food? I also think we will see things like suicide and violent crimes increase as people become more desperate. Can you afford to pay double for your gas or diesel, double to heat your home if you use oil, double for your food? Can you charge double for your work? People who work salary jobs or survive on pensions and social security have no wiggle room. I don't know if we will see united efforts to protest, or do something else to get the attention of our legislators, but it has got to reach a critical point soon. The least of my concerns is adjusting my attitude. Good luck to all.

Comment

The times they are a changing. Good or bad? You decide.
                          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post

They got to keep selling and when the demand falls some so do prices.

Doesn't seem to work this way any more. When demand goes up prices go up. Just today I read because demand is dropping prices will go up to make up for the revenue loss. The economics classes I took a million years ago don't compute any more. Just look at the last year. Seasonal fuel change = up, busy travel season = up, refinery shortage = up, hurricane anywhere near mainland = up, shot fired from boat at another boat = up. In other words any excuse, real or contrived = up. Only people making a big profit are the mega investors. Kind of like a land sale we had here; city sells land to Joe sells land to Bob, who sells it to Fred who sells it to George who sells it to city.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
                              Just forward my tax rebate check directly to the oil companies. If I get the choice, make it the one that had the tanker named after Condi.

Eli

Thanks for the laugh, I feel the exact same way for sure, Up here in Rochester gas is around $3.79 and climbing daily
                              Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                              New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Working...
                              X