Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Pacific Ocean Park Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Pacific Ocean Park

    Turns out one of Rick's customers owns the toy store that has been there forever.

    The Grove is now attached to the Farmer's Market. It was designed by the same guy that just designed the new Glendale mall. It has movies, a trolly, dancing fountain (like at Bellagio in Vegas), all outdoors like a little town. Of course there are LOTS of shops and carts and restaurants and fun too
    I love my plumber

    "My Hero"

    Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Pacific Ocean Park

      Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
      Turns out one of Rick's customers owns the toy store that has been there forever.

      The Grove is now attached to the Farmer's Market. It was designed by the same guy that just designed the new Glendale mall. It has movies, a trolly, dancing fountain (like at Bellagio in Vegas), all outdoors like a little town. Of course there are LOTS of shops and carts and restaurants and fun too
      Wow see what happens if you don't stop by every 20-years or so?

      I know my daughter Jana takes the girls down there a lot. I guess I will have to tag along one time.

      Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Pacific Ocean Park

        Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Wow see what happens if you don't stop by every 20-years or so?

        I know my daughter Jana takes the girls down there a lot. I guess I will have to tag along one time.

        Mark
        My niece loved the trolly, because she thought it was Mr. Rogers Trolly. The problem was at the end of the line was NOT the land of make believe. It was either Nordstrom's or the news stand

        Let me know if you come down and I'll meet you.
        I love my plumber

        "My Hero"

        Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Pacific Ocean Park

          Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
          My niece loved the trolly, because she thought it was Mr. Rogers Trolly. The problem was at the end of the line was NOT the land of make believe. It was either Nordstrom's or the news stand

          Let me know if you come down and I'll meet you.
          It sounds good I will keep you posted.

          Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

          I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: Pacific Ocean Park

            Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I remember going there also when we lived in El Monte.

            Loved looking at the other the other's also. It even had a couple of the Pike in Long Beach. We went there every year and used L B as a base for our trip to Ca. before we moved down.

            Wish I could talk the wife into moving back.

            shup

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: Pacific Ocean Park

              I posted a little about growing up at Muscle Beach earlier in this thread. The thread prompted me to look for old photos and I happened to find four of them from 1958. The year is important as it was the year before the city tore the Muscle Beach platforms out. They are also important to me as we are losing my mother to dementia and it is nice to remember her as I did when I was 5-years old.

              Mark
              Attached Files
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

              I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: Pacific Ocean Park

                Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                I posted a little about growing up at Muscle Beach earlier in this thread. The thread prompted me to look for old photos and I happened to find four of them from 1958. The year is important as it was the year before the city tore the Muscle Beach platforms out. They are also important to me as we are losing my mother to dementia and it is nice to remember her as I did when I was 5-years old.

                Mark
                You are definitely your mother's son Were you a circus family
                I love my plumber

                "My Hero"

                Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: Pacific Ocean Park

                  Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                  You are definitely your mother's son Were you a circus family
                  You must have read my Bio. The reason we hung out at Muscle Beach so much was my mom loved swimming but it was also because of her girl friend Paula. My mom and Paula went to college together but then Paula became a trapeze artist and stunt women. As a matter of fact she was the stunt women in the Unsinkable Molly Brown. Paula also owned a small circus which would travel around Los Angeles. I may have spent more time then usual at the circus. The only lasting injury to me was when that pony bit my foot.

                  Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                  I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: Pacific Ocean Park

                    Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    You must have read my Bio. The reason we hung out at Muscle Beach so much was my mom loved swimming but it was also because of her girl friend Paula. My mom and Paula went to college together but then Paula became a trapeze artist and stunt women. As a matter of fact she was the stunt women in the Unsinkable Molly Brown. Paula also owned a small circus which would travel around Los Angeles. I may have spent more time then usual at the circus. The only lasting injury to me was when that pony bit my foot.

                    Mark
                    I didn't read it I thought her form was too good for just messing around on the beach though! That is amazing
                    I love my plumber

                    "My Hero"

                    Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: Pacific Ocean Park

                      Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      I didn't read it I thought her form was too good for just messing around on the beach though! That is amazing
                      My dad owned an insurance agency down on Wilshire Blvd. in Santa Monica where he worked during the day. At night he worked for Pinkerton either at Joan Crawford's house or at the Rat Patrol set in Tujunga. As such, every day we were not in school we would stop by and drop off his lunch then head for Muscle Beach. Because my mother was also a swim instructor and lifeguard she made me start swimming out to the end of Santa Monica Pier with her when I was 5-years old.

                      Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X