X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free copper come and get it

this is something for all those that steal copper you know those tall poles along the streets well there is clean #1 copper up there feel free to take as much as you want

ps dont tell them but some one just tried this and well you know the rest of the story

and now he is

now that is one way ti get rid of them
    Last edited by HVAC HAWK; 05-07-2008, 02:12 PM.
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Re: free copper come and get it

When I was in haiti, we had power outages all the time because people were doing this. They're in a different boat than us though. You've never seen poverty until you been there.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Not that I am condoning stealing, but there is a difference between being so poor and desperate and having the need to feed your family vs. just doing something dumb because you can.
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
        Not that I am condoning stealing, but there is a difference between being so poor and desperate and having the need to feed your family vs. just doing something dumb because you can.
        agree 100% but isn't this just evolution? If you're so dumb you steal live high voltage wire, you're so stupid you shouldn't be able to pass on your genes. It's just thinning the herd.
        Last edited by gear junkie; 05-07-2008, 07:14 PM.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          agree 100% but isn't this just evolution. If you're so dumb you steal live high voltage wire, you're so stupid you should be able to pass on your genes. It's just thinning the herd.
          Ain't that the truth....
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Have you ever heard of the Darwin awards? It is a list of the most stupid things people have done through the year that usually end with them killing themselves. It is the survival of the fittest (less dumb).

It usually floats around in an email every year.
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

agree 100% but isn't this just evolution? If you're so dumb you steal live high voltage wire, you're so stupid you shouldn't be able to pass on your genes. It's just thinning the herd.

Thick rubber gloves. Piece of cake.
              sigpic

Comment

Hope you're not serious about thick rubber gloves. Depending on the voltage, high lines will arc as far as 13 FEET to get to a suitable ground. If you happen to walk into that (dead) zone, you will become the conductor to make that path to ground whether you are wearing rubber gloves, rubber boots or not. That's how kids who venture over the fence at a substation to retrieve a ball usually get killed. They don't even have to touch anything when they go in there. Zap! and they're crispy critters if they get within range. Jim Don

Comment

Here in the Philippines they will steal anything.Its pretty common they steal the electric and telephone wire.Most times they do get caught as in most places the companies monitor the line and send out their private well armed guards to catch them.The funniest tho was a couple years ago they stole about 1/4 mile of fiber optic cable and got away with it,bet they hada surprise tho that it had near no value cut up.Bad side of that was half the city had no phone or internet for about 3 days while it was replaced.
                  Sam

Comment

Once again sarcastis humor takes a fall.

But thanks for the whipping.
                    sigpic

Comment

here in the bay area the san pablo bay got chemicals dumped into it this week because some brilliant criminals took the brass fittings off the storage tanks. I guess if they went for the power lines they would only have hurt themselves instead of the entire area.

Eli
                      A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by JimDon
                        NH Master,
                        No whipping intended, and frankly, I knew that you know better. It's the lurker or young, impressionable visitor that waltzes through here, reads a thread and decides to put on momma's rubber gloves for dishwashing that I really worry about. Then again, my son called me yesterday to tell about the older (in his 50s) worker who ran some water thru a gasoline tank once or twice and put a Partner cutoff saw to it that also makes me wonder. You guessed it, he blew up the gas tank and lit his hair on fire for a good 15 seconds. Son says he is now bald. When my son saw him start up the saw and walk towards that gas tank, my kid starts mobiling it as fast as he could in the other direction. Schrapnel all over the place. Luckily no one was killed. Jim Don
                        Who cares, if you're so stupid that you're going to get a ladder and touch a power line with dishwasher glove, you're an imbecile. This is why animals eat their young. Thinning the herd.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

gear junky said:

This is why animals eat their young. Thinning the herd.

shup

Comment

Who cares, if you're so stupid that you're going to get a ladder and touch a power line with dishwasher glove, you're an imbecile. This is why animals eat their young. Thinning the herd.
                            That thinning the herd thing gets me every time

If someone was going to go on the internet to verify that climbing on a ladder to touch power lines was a good idea, then I think they will come across the places that tell them they will kill themselves before they find this post about a kitchen glove
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

I always referred to it as "natural selection'' never heard the thinning the herd thing before.Nature has its own way of weeding out gene pools
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X