X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new promotion

Chrysler is hoping to jumpstart its faltering sales by guaranteeing customers they won't have to pay more than $2.99 per gallon for most of the gas they use in their new Dodge, Chrysler, or Jeep for the next three years in an innovative new program that starts May 7 and runs through June 2.

Under the new gas-guarantee incentive plan, officially dubbed “Let’s Refuel America,” Chrysler will pay the difference between $2.99 and a higher pump price, Press said—if the price dips below $2.99, there is no need to use the gas card.

Re: new promotion

This promotion lasts for three years with a limit of 12,000 miles a year more details can be found here http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...NnYXMtY2FyZA--

Comment

Nice try Chrysler but no sale here. How about producing a quality made vehicle that gets great gas mileage and people want to drive. Is that so hard? Other car companies are running around you and you just drag your feet. All you can come up with is another rebate program?

Something is being written on the wall, you might want to take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

Nice try Chrysler but no sale here. How about producing a quality made vehicle that gets great gas mileage and people want to drive. Is that so hard? Other car companies are running around you and you just drag your feet. All you can come up with is another rebate program?

LOL,

you crack me up crackster!!

I'm thinking in getting ford escape hybrid this year. Wish I can get prius but it would be too small for Robert.

Comment

I just did that math and this could end up saving you 480 dollars total assuming 25mpg average and 4 dollar gas. It's creative marketing. hmmm maybe we should run that promo on the kj3000

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            I just did that math and this could end up saving you 480 dollars total assuming 25mpg average and 4 dollar gas. It's creative marketing. hmmm maybe we should run that promo on the kj3000

Do I get an award next to my name?

The way I drive my truck I get 14 mpg in the city

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post

You forgot to factor in the at least $650 yearly on repairs for a brand new Chrysler.
              INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
              Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                Chrysler is hoping to jumpstart its faltering sales by guaranteeing customers they won't have to pay more than $2.99 per gallon for most of the gas they use in their new Dodge, Chrysler, or Jeep for the next three years in an innovative new program that starts May 7 and runs through June 2.

Under the new gas-guarantee incentive plan, officially dubbed “Let’s Refuel America,” Chrysler will pay the difference between $2.99 and a higher pump price, Press said—if the price dips below $2.99, there is no need to use the gas card.
                I thought you got the promotion (at work) We doubled up-I posted the same thing on the gas price thread

I think they are having trouble with sales. It looks good until you read the fine print. I bet it boosts sales though.
                Last edited by MrsSeatDown; 05-08-2008, 07:39 PM.
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                  You forgot to factor in the at least $650 yearly on repairs for a brand new Chrysler.
                  I thought FORD was known for that-Chrysler too
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post

Isn't Bob Nardelli (former H.D. C.E.O.) still at Chrysler?
                    ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

i believe nardelli is still at chrysler. and i've owned 4 chrysler vehicles (3 minivans and a 1500 series van) and have had nothing but good luck. the last minvan clocked 255M miles before it was stolen and recovered. never the same after the thieves messed with the electonics. bought a mercury villager (aka nissan quest) in a rush. won't make that mistake again. now even products made by others but bearing Ford related badges are subject to the Found On the Road Dead truism.
                      Last edited by FINER9998; 05-24-2008, 04:01 PM.
                      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                        i believe nardelli is still at chrysler. and i've owned 4 chrysler vehicles (3 minivans and a 1500 series van) and have had nothing but good luck. the last minvan clocked 255M miles before it was stolen and recovered. never the same after the thieves messed with the electonics. bought a mercury villager (aka nissan quest) in a rush. won't make that mistake again. now even products made by others but bearing Ford related badges are subject to the Found On the Road Dead.
                        I bought a brand new Ford E150 van in 1985. Ran it for 12 years and put 392,000 miles on it. Changed the battery once, the starter once and put one computer ignition module on it. I changed the oil maybe a dozen times in a dozen years. Other than tires and front brake pads the van did'nt cost squat to keep on the road. How many Dodge 150 vans can do that?
                        sigpic

Comment

I have always been a chrysler guy.... people always seem to rip on them, but ya know, I really havent had that bad of luck with them considering how I treat vehicles. I do get sick of people ripping on what I drive, but ya know, I dont care. I hope this promotion does help them out in the sales department. They do have some hybid models coming out to compete with the others, but truth be had, those Hybrids dont really hammer down the numbers they claim, especially if you drive more than around town, on the freeway they guzzle gas just like thier full gas counter part. Plus, the Hybrid option costs more than a diesel upgrade, thats ALOT of gas you can buy with that difference. I think Chrysler recognizes this, and one reason they didnt jump in yet. They have been working on a Hybrid setup in the bigger vehicles that hopefully will lay down some impressive numbers along with the ability to still haul *** when needed. They also are going to be introducing light diesels into thier 1/2ton pick up line, as well as the Charger, Durango, Jeep models, and some chrysler models, IE 300 and Aspen. These engines are built with the new clean diesel systems with a Cummins engine. These are a light duty diesel built by a company that builds the most reliable Medium Duty engine on the market. Hopefully the price of diesel doesnt kill this, as this is the way to go, as Diesel is WAY more efficiant than gasoline. I have heard that there is a possibilty of getting 30-35 MPG with these engines.. which would be better than any pile-o-crap worthless hybrid, and still a realistic sized vehicle.

Comment

if someone had told me, 25 years ago, that i'd have owned not 1 but 4 chrysler products, and like them all, i'd have told them to take the needle out of their arms and shut up. my 1500 has 200K miles on it and its only needed a transmission and a fuel pump, aside from tires, brakes and shocks/struts. i'm not sure i trust the newer mopars (with nardelli, you just can't be sure), but after my latest ford experience, i'd rather walk! although there may occasionally be the odd exception to the rule, there's no getting around what they say about fords...Fix Or Repair Daily.
                            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
                            X