Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother's Day Gifts (mother-in-law specific)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's Day Gifts (mother-in-law specific)

I think there was already a thread on this, but I'm asking again anyway. So, I've got my mom covered (had lots of ideas, so no problem)...but Josh's mom...I've got nothin! There's only TWO days left and I'm sort of in a panic...I like getting good gifts, not expensive, but something she would definitely like.
    She loves flowers and has a lot of amazing plants around the house...she loves to bake, but has most everything a baker would need. It's too late to do some cute sentimental gift from the boys...she's already getting something chocolaty from Josh's sister.
    I just really don't know...so, any ideas? What do you get your MIL?
    BTW, no spa things either...she still has one from her birthday that she hasn't used yet.

Re: Mother's Day Gifts (mother-in-law specific)

Does she have Kitchen aid mixer? You mentioned flowers, if she's into gardening, try this website http://www.leevalley.com/garden/index.aspx?c=2
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Does she paint flowers?

what about flower painting?

gift certificate for a massage?
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

I've found that a new mop or perhaps a new vaccuum makes a thoughtfull gift.
        sigpic

Comment

How about a handyman for a day, pay someone to go in and fix a leaky faucet to paint some trim, what ever needs to be done.

Or a cleaning service for a day, or just a half a day.
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

how about a nice family portrait. now that the twins are getting bigger, the older pictures are getting dated.

a digital picture frame. i know josh can fill it with great stuff.

might even throw in some ridgid reputation stills

if all else fails, tell her that a bunch of plumbers will be there in early june and will take care of any and all issues. just make a list

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

A lot of the people around here like massages.You can have one go to her house.

Or you could hire Dunbar for his nationaly renowned Kentucky Fried STRIP-O-GRAM

Comment

The MIL question...I never know what to get for MIL. Since she's in NC and we're here in VA, I usually try to send her a potted plant from one of the flower delivery places. She seems to like having the plants. I've sent her flowers and azaleas. I think she likes the azaleas better, but they can get a bit pricey. I forgot this year...so I think I'll just get an azalea from one of the local nurseries and figure out how to ship it. It'll be late, but I think she'll like it.
                I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  Or you could hire Dunbar for his nationaly renowned Kentucky Fried STRIP-O-GRAM
                  Oh, the things that make you go blaaaaaah! (Sorry, Dunbar!)

Comment

May I suggest a gift certificate for a facial or a manicure or a pedicure. I have a few of those in reserve at home. Some of those good-anytime-just-fill-in-a-name certficates - excellent to use as a get-out-of-jail-free cards when you come home with a new Callaway golf driver!
                    Last edited by canucksartech; 05-10-2008, 09:09 PM.

Comment

A digital photo frame is nice, especially with your two young ones. You'll have plenty of material to load on a SD card and let her watch. Every month or few weeks just load more photos on a second card and sawp it out with the first one.
                      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Well we fell back to doing lunch for her after church tomorrow. Making a fancy brunch. Mother's days are tough some times. I bought Helen impatients that we planted today. That was from the boys. I bought her the first 3 complete seasons of Scrubs on dvd from me

Comment

We took our mums out for dinner and later back to our home for some coffee and cake and the presents. Those digital photo frames are amazing and a wonderful gift. Got one for my mum instead of mother's day flowers and for my wife for her birthday (for her desk at work). From my POV that's one of the best products within the last years.
                          The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!

Comment

Working...
                          X