X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Changes to Appearance

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
    Is the gallery really necessary?
    You can minimize this by clicking on the bluish up arrow on the right hand side of the pics. Don't care for the ads on the side. I feel like it's in my face. I've come to think of this place as a social gathering, not as a place where Ridgid can tell me about the next trade show or the next product.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Understood Ben. Is it really distracting? I though having all the ads and links at the top was distracting before showing up on every page.

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      You can minimize this by clicking on the bluish up arrow on the right hand side of the pics. Don't care for the ads on the side. I feel like it's in my face. I've come to think of this place as a social gathering, not as a place where Ridgid can tell me about the next trade show or the next product.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
        Crack, I too am tired of seeing that picture and the one of his burnt fingers!

Why don't you post that photo with your soap horns and rubber ducky
        Done

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          Understood Ben. Is it really distracting? I though having all the ads and links at the top was distracting before showing up on every page.
          Before the ads were only at the top so once you scroll down it was no big deal. Now the discussion topics are squished side to side to make room. Just doesn't seem balanced to me.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I think when I first saw it it was squeezing everything. I sometimes browse w/o a full screen window so I liked it better on top where it wouldn't always use screen real estate.

But, since it is not on posts, I think it is OK.

Comment

Looks good.Gotta get use to it.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Done
                That is not your photo! It looks like a bad Pee Wee Herman imitation
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I have to agree about the photo gallery... it's getting old, and it takes a bit to load, at least on my AOL screen.

As far as the new look, well I guess I'm on the minority side. I don't like change, just for the sake of change. When it was on the top, you looked at it, scrolled down and were done with it. Now that it's over on the right (odd, I think), it not only squeezes the headings, but it's just more bothersome, sort of "in my face" as someone said.

But, like everything else that get's "new and improved", I just have to get used to it.

CWS

Comment

We also noticed last night that there is no longer a tab to look at your products.

I got Rick in by going through the micro tab. Thank goodness-otherwise he would not have let me go to sleep.

CWSmith-I personally think AOL sucks. But that is a side note to the photos

Joey
                    Last edited by MrsSeatDown; 05-20-2008, 11:07 AM.
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I want to skinny that side column down a bit and make buttons for Products/Support/Where to Buy

Still a work in progress.

Josh

Comment

Question for you guys that have to scroll at the bottom... Once you open the thread are the banners displaying on the right side of the screen.

Its supposed to be set up so that when you are reading threads its not displaying the banners on the right.

Let me know and I'll take care of it.

Josh
                        No, this thread is an example...I either have to widen the window or scroll left/right to read it.
                        Thats what I meant by some kind of word wrap...like windows notebook & wordpad have.
                        The problem is usually on threads with large pics & can be a headache when there are a large number of posts to read through.
                        It seems more prone on this new format.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          i know what you mean,everytime Rick posts,which thankfully is not that often,I have to offset the screen
                          Oh yes, I see your point...with a mere 4,800...thats four thousand eight hundred posts...he really needs to speak up more!

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                            I have to agree about the photo gallery... it's getting old, and it takes a bit to load, at least on my AOL screen.

As far as the new look, well I guess I'm on the minority side. I don't like change, just for the sake of change. When it was on the top, you looked at it, scrolled down and were done with it. Now that it's over on the right (odd, I think), it not only squeezes the headings, but it's just more bothersome, sort of "in my face" as someone said.

But, like everything else that get's "new and improved", I just have to get used to it.

CWS
                            Heck, I'm on AOL too... new and improved?
                            Try being afraid to click on the labyrinth of "useful & informative" links littered all over every single screen they have that winds up being nothing but obnoxious product endorsements worded as fact.
                            I'm soooo glad they went to such extremes to eradicate spam...makes more room for their "informative" links and E-mails.

Comment

Ok.. I've got it. its the top banner. Has nothing to do with the sidebars. I just need to reduce the size of the banner at the top.

Makes me wonder... are you guys still using 800x600 for your resolution

Josh

Comment

Ok.. I've got it. its the top banner. Has nothing to do with the sidebars. I just need to reduce the size of the banner at the top.

Makes me wonder... are you guys still using 800x600 for your resolution

Josh
                                No, but my window might be. My laptop is 1400x1050, but I want to see my compiles etc. while goofing off on the forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X