Changes to Appearance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Changes to Appearance

Personally, I think it's ok. I use 1280x1024 for both screens, and the Ridgid site takes up most of the one monitor! The ads seem to take up a lot of real estate, but it's only on the main forum page, so everything else is still there. The thread view is still the same.
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
      Personally, I think it's ok. I use 1280x1024 for both screens, and the Ridgid site takes up most of the one monitor! The ads seem to take up a lot of real estate, but it's only on the main forum page, so everything else is still there. The thread view is still the same.
      I've never been able to manage using two screens; I always end up getting myself confused. I don't often use multiple desktops and page through them either. I tend to prefer multiple windows on one big screen. Unfortunately, my Thinkpad LCD doesn't support 1600x1200 or better, and to get dual output I need to go down to 1280x1024, which I find too small.

Comment

Those of you that had to scroll should be cool now. i reduced the size of the top banner so it doesn't stretch 1024x768. Still a work in progress

Josh

Comment

Josh,

You know what would be cool

I think you should make the ads change position with every new page load

That way a different one is always at the top ,

Few lines of php can get th at done

Comment

Yep, in the plans.

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
            Josh,

You know what would be cool

I think you should make the ads change position with every new page load

That way a different one is always at the top ,

Few lines of php can get th at done

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
              Those of you that had to scroll should be cool now. i reduced the size of the top banner so it doesn't stretch 1024x768. Still a work in progress

Josh
              The main screen is perfect...still have to widen the screen or scroll left/right here though....sorry, I'm a pain, I know...

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                The main screen is perfect...still have to widen the screen or scroll left/right here though....sorry, I'm a pain, I know...
                What is your screen resolution set at?

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Yep, in the plans.
                  Sweetness

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    What is your screen resolution set at?

Mark
                    1024 x 768...as it always was.
                    I'll up it & see what happens.

Comment

ok, at 1280 x 720 it works...PlumbersCrack's photo of what was just a skinny kid has now become almost a stick figure...
                      I guess I'll have to tweak it a bit more...

Comment

Duck, something sounds wrong with the way things are displaying. Do you have your screen set at some widescreen resolution or something. I resized everything so 1024x768 "should" be ok.

Comment

Duck, something sounds wrong with the way things are displaying. Do you have your screen set at some widescreen resolution or something. I resized everything so 1024x768 "should" be ok.
                          Welp, I adjusted it back to 1024x768 & it seems ok now.
                          I just got a new PC, with Vista & NVIDIA video card, but the monitor is the same.
                          I had to tweak my screen size & position after adjusting the resolution...dunno why, but 1024x768 seems ok now.
                          I'd picked up the new PC right when I was swamped with work, so I'm guessing I should have mucked with the resolution & settings then, but I was busy.
                          Whatever the trouble was, it's gone now...thank you for your attention & patience.

Comment

No problem.

Comment

Hey Josh, is there a way to just put one of the smiley's at the bottom of someone's post like where the "Thanks" is?
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I dont think so. Havent really experimented with it.

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                                Hey Josh, is there a way to just put one of the smiley's at the bottom of someone's post like where the "Thanks" is?

Comment

Working...
                                X