X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to Appearance

If you haven't noticed I changed the look and feel of the forum just a bit. I know some of you hate change but I am just wondering what initial reactions are. I am wide open to suggested changes, comments, and yes even insults . It was bothering me having the banners at the top so I decided to change it up a bit.

Josh

Re: Changes to Appearance

Josh,

AS a fellow webmaster myself, I love the side ads instead of the top

Why You ask?

• Headers are for site theme not ads ( My opinion )
    • Sidebars are nicer for ads / info as they can be stacked better
    • The NEW header up top is less busy and gives me a more "personal and welcome feeling"
    These are just my thoughts of course, But yea, I like this way better
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Do I get a new free tool, for my opinion????

Its alright, no issues with me....

Now is a good time as any to tell you Josh, your doing a fine job around here, I don't mind changes, some are good, some bothers me, but eventually I'll come around. Woussko will be barking like crazy over the changes though, I guess we'll just have to throw him a bone to chew on..... Have a nice day, Josh

Mark
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Lookin good Josh, I like this setup better than the old! Oh and went out and had me some Alligator yesterday too!
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
          Lookin good Josh, I like this setup better than the old! Oh and went out and had me some Alligator yesterday too!
          Better you having the alligator than the other way around

Now my middle finger doesn't work so hard to scroll down

After a 2 hour commute it gets really tired by the time I get home

Comment

Ok, I'll be the first to say I don't really care for the new layout. I find the page a little harder to follow with everything crammed up together and the side ads are distracting. I prefer the last version over this one.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The only issue I could say is too bad there isn't some type of word wrap for the site...seems like some screens have that trouble.
              Mainly whenever someone posts a large photo...would be nice if the text were bunched to the left so you didn't have to scroll left/right to read 30 responses to a photo.
              The "friend" and "Thank you" features are pretty cool...they give us all a way to allow eachother to know who agree's on certain topics without making the thread even more lengthy.

Comment

I excluded the ads from any of the screens that display posts. Its mostly just the main forum display. Its one of those preference things. I think we may try it this way for a while.

I do want to build an actual RIDGIDForum logo for the top in place of that text though.

Thanks for the input everyone. Negative and positive are all good.

Josh

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                The only issue I could say is too bad there isn't some type of word wrap for the site...seems like some screens have that trouble.
                Mainly whenever someone posts a large photo...would be nice if the text were bunched to the left so you didn't have to scroll left/right to read 30 responses to a photo.
                The "friend" and "Thank you" features are pretty cool...they give us all a way to allow eachother to know who agree's on certain topics without making the thread even more lengthy.

Comment

I like it. The only thing I don't understand is on some posts I have to move that bar at the bottom of my screen left and right to read the posts. Maybe it's me but I don't know how to fix it.
                  Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                    I like it. The only thing I don't understand is on some posts I have to move that bar at the bottom of my screen left and right to read the posts. Maybe it's me but I don't know how to fix it.
                    LOL...

Comment

i know what you mean,everytime Rick posts,which thankfully is not that often,I have to offset the screen

Comment

Question for you guys that have to scroll at the bottom... Once you open the thread are the banners displaying on the right side of the screen.

Its supposed to be set up so that when you are reading threads its not displaying the banners on the right.

Let me know and I'll take care of it.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post

Its supposed to be set up so that when you are reading threads its not displaying the banners on the right.

Josh
                          That is how mine works

Can you maybe put a bar at the top of the right hand tabs that will allow you to close that field and enlarge the thread topics?
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Is the gallery really necessary? Might free up some space on the front page. Personally, I'm a little tired of seeing the snake on Ricks face or a blurry pic of someones workshop. I like the idea but it just seems that no new photos are being added to make it banner worthy.

Moving the links to the right side is a little wierd but I'll get used to it. You need to look at it from a newcomers perspective. Are you trying to cram too much onto the page at one time? For the regulars, we will just glaze over it but 1st timers might like having everything within reach.

Comment

Crack, I too am tired of seeing that picture and the one of his burnt fingers!

Why don't you post that photo with your soap horns and rubber ducky
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                              X