X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are your life goals?

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
    When do you plan to retire?

What would you want to accomplish in life?
    Financially, I would like to pay off my mortgage in the next 20 years through steady prepayment. I also want to fund my 401k fully, and make sure that I can retire ignoring any government thing that people my age will never collect.

More importantly, I want to instill values of hard work and perseverence into my two kids and provide them a good start so they can repeat the process.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
      Financially, I would like to pay off my mortgage in the next 20 years through steady prepayment. I also want to fund my 401k fully, and make sure that I can retire ignoring any government thing that people my age will never collect.

More importantly, I want to instill values of hard work and perseverence into my two kids and provide them a good start so they can repeat the process.
      I applaud your intentions regarding your children. You will be doing them a great service to work towards such a goal. Consider that to accomplish this will take patience, hard work and cooperation on the part of your wife and kids. Things like peer pressure, social pressures and the advertising industry working every angle against you to make the job more difficult. Stay strong.

Comment

Great topic.

I think I accomplished almost everything I wanted for my life. I'm happily married to a wonderful wife, I got a job that I really enjoy (although I'm an accountant ), the only goal that's not yet accomplished is child but we're on our way.
        The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!

Comment

Working...
        X