Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your life goals?

When do you plan to retire?

What would you want to accomplish in life?

Re: What are your life goals?

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post

I will retire once the phone quits ringing then I will do more of what I already am doing in my off time.

Mark
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 05-25-2008, 11:25 AM.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Drive without killing somebody!
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post

My financial advisor says I can retire in 7 years and live a comfortable lifestyle until I'm 72. What happens after age 72? I guess the government will have to take care of me. MMMmmmm.....government cheese.

What do I want to accomplish in life?

What are you my guidance councilor? honestly, I have no idea

Comment

I plan on retiring in the next 10-15yrs. Im 32 right now.

My goal is to have a strong business running with 15+ service trucks, going 4 counties wide. I hope to have my 2 boys in the business before i retire.
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

The education and the safety of my kids. Thats my goal in life, after that, I'm going back to traveling and golf.......
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I aspire to work my way up the ranks of the corporate world of plumbing, to one day become a demented old crab.

Comment

I could have retired 2 years ago, but decided to teach high school. I'll probably work until the day I drop, but that's just me. Can't stand to sit around.

I guess my goal in life would be to make a difference in kids lives, and give them a goal.
                sigpic

Comment

One Plumbing Code.

J.C.

Comment

Be happy.
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Interesting Thread topic and some good responses. I was allowed to keep working my job in a very restricted capactiy with the understanding that I would accept the first retirement offer I would qualify for. That was eight years ago. I was no longer capable of doing such a physical job and although the pension and benefits are very good I was not prepared to retire at such a young age. I would strongly urge everyone who is still working to "Plan" for retirement with a consultant who has the some credentials that can be verified. Financial comfort is only part of a real retirement plan, you must also be able to keep you mind and body active and healthy. Teaching if you have the qualtifications is a great idea. My life goals may sound simple or boring but they are relevant to me, do my best to keep myself fit and do whatever I can to assure my daughters are safe and prepared for the world around them. I think a noble goal is the strength and stability of my marriage, so many fail and I don't want mine to be one of them. I want to do some good, so one of my goals is to be helpful. I keep thinking how simple this sounds and yet if more of us really did this imagine what a great world we would live in? I mean the easy stuff, not just the stuff that takes a great effort. Let the person behind you in line put that heavy item on the counter, allow the woman holding a baby to get in front of you, hold a door, make someone smile and think "How nice that person was". Goals require some planning, effort and a little bit of luck, depending on the goal we can start at any age.

Comment

To be serious....never retire, work till the day I die.

Never stop building and changing the grade scheme in whatever field of expertise I follow.

Meet people of all levels of stature and enjoy the company of many women before I pass on my wood cane and prescriptions of male impotency drugs.

Live like I'm always poor, never be known as anything other than a guy in sweat pants and a t-shirt with permanent food stains.

Have a well-known syndicated talk show on saturday and sunday mornings from 8-12

Become a teacher/educator in either plumbing or business marketing strategies.
                        Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 05-24-2008, 07:47 PM.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

find serenity before senility strikes.

Comment

I used to try and figure out that type of stuff but as I get older I realize that I know even less.
                            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

In July I will be eligible to receive Social Security benefits and I wrestled with that option for a long time. In the final analysis accepting money for no energy applied is counterintuitive to me. At this juncture, for as long as I am able, I plan to continue to go to job sites, do what I like to do and accept money for doing it. When I am 65 I will apply for Social Security. It would be foolish not to.

I have one long term goal left: To insure that my wife has enough money to live comfortably in her retirement years after I am dead. In a meeting with our financial planner a few months ago, based on his projections of inflation and returns on my investments alone (my wife and I have separate stock portfolios and retirement accounts ) that goal has been achieved. But now with energy and food costs rising rapidly I would like to make doubly sure that she will be OK financially. To that end I have opened a Roth IRA and make contributions to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X