In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from falling hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders fields.

-John McCrae

Whether you agree or disagree with our current situation in Iraq I think we owe our fallen loved ones the respect to do something. 'Catch the torch.' - attempt to do something to further your cause whether it be to stay or withdraw - for the love of all who have sacrificed their lives, limbs and mental health - for the love of God - do something.

Tom

Re: A Little History

Pretty much my whole family is Military or was, same with my wife side. I have so much respect for our people in the Military or served in the Military. For the ones that gave their lives up for all of us, goes beyond words. It doesn't just take one special day, for me to think about our fallen ones. My freedom, our freedom is absolutely the greatest thing a human being can have, well next to family of course.....
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I have the utmost respect for those who are/were in the military. I never enlisted because I knew I'd spend most of my time in the brig. Was never, and am still not, a person who could blindly follow orders from someone who never earned my respect. That being said, for someone who did earn my respect, I'd follow them to hell and back. In retrospect, it would probably have done me a lot of good, in the long run, to have the hell beat out of me (mentally and physically) more often! The people who have enlisted in the last17 or 18 years have known full well that they probably would be put in harms way; yet they did it anyway They are heros!
      ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Iraq has been a big mistake and within a couple of years the U.S. and your ally Australia will be cutting and running which we will do and Irag will have another dictator and all the poor solders that have died there will have been a waste just like Nam (Vietnam) another war that we cut and ran from, and we never learn from the past.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
          Iraq has been a big mistake and within a couple of years the U.S. and your ally Australia will be cutting and running which we will do and Irag will have another dictator and all the poor solders that have died there will have been a waste just like Nam (Vietnam) another war that we cut and ran from, and we never learn from the past.

Tony
          While I cannot totally disagree with your statement, part of it is NOT true. We sometimes learn from the past. Sometimes we don't. Example: From what I know of the Middle East they have been fighting forever without anyone gaining real success in their lives.

That's not learning from the past.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
            While I cannot totally disagree with your statement, part of it is NOT true. We sometimes learn from the past. Sometimes we don't. Example: From what I know of the Middle East they have been fighting forever without anyone gaining real success in their lives.

That's not learning from the past.

J.C.
            If we had learnt from the past we wouldn`t have gone there in the first place.

Tony

Comment

Possibly. From the information I have I agree. But do you have ALL intelligence related to the situation?

And do you learn nothing from the past? I do. Or at least I would like to think I do.

Helps keep down my "stupid things I do" percentage.

J.C.

Comment

Possibly. From the information I have I agree. But do you have ALL intelligence related to the situation?

And do you learn nothing from the past? I do. Or at least I would like to think I do.

Helps keep down my "stupid things I do" percentage.

J.C.
                We were lied to by Bush and his cronies and we wanted to believe them so we didn`t give a stuff about the past as we were mesmerized by the prospect of oil and this is the only reason we are in that part of the world if there was no oil do you honestly think we would be there not likely.

Tony

Comment

Thank goodness you're here. I will be relying on you and all of your omnipotent information involving world affairs. That way I won't make any mistakes. Thanks!

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                    We were lied to by Bush and his cronies and we wanted to believe them so we didn`t give a stuff about the past as we were mesmerized by the prospect of oil and this is the only reason we are in that part of the world if there was no oil do you honestly think we would be there not likely.

Tony
                    Maybe today is not the day to debate this as we still have troops fighting for us. Why not just put all this debate on the backburner until another day. Today we should just remember the men and women who sacrificed everything for us to sit here and play Monday morning QB

I respect your right to have a point of view, but to think that we are over there just for the oil is b.s. The United States helps countries all over the world, we are a noble and caring nation. Yes we have flaws,but we do more to help this world then any other country.

Its easy to play Monday morning quaterback, and that is exactly what you are doing.

Comment

Exactly. There have been tsunamis, earthquakes, typhoons etc. around the world that we send aid too. But when Katrina was over I don't remember any other country coming here to assist. But that's hijacking the thread.

My issue is that AFM says we learn nothing from the past. So my question to him/her is this: Why would U.S. or Australia leave Iraq/the Middle East?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
                        Maybe today is not the day to debate this as we still have troops fighting for us. Why not just put all this debate on the backburner until another day. Today we should just remember the men and women who sacrificed everything for us to sit here and play Monday morning QB

I respect your right to have a point of view, but to think that we are over there just for the oil is b.s. The United States helps countries all over the world, we are a noble and caring nation. Yes we have flaws,but we do more to help this world then any other country.

Its easy to play Monday morning quaterback, and that is exactly what you are doing.
                        x2

Today is the third most important day for me to give heartfelt appreciation to those before me that have protected my culture's freedom.
                        It is not for a soldier to reason why.
                        For them it is to protect what they love.
                        You will not hear me bickering,belittlling their ultimate sacrifice.

Even tommorrow I don't care to get into debates as to how an individual speculates how the powers that be "WAG THE DOG"

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          x2

Today is the third most important day for me to give heartfelt appreciation to those before me that have protected my culture's freedom.
                          It is not for a soldier to reason why.
                          For them it is to protect what they love.
                          You will not hear me bickering,belittlling their ultimate sacrifice.

Even tommorrow I don't care to get into debates as to how an individual speculates how the powers that be "WAG THE DOG"

Adam
                          Well said my friends..... Mark
                          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Thank goodness you're here. I will be relying on you and all of your omnipotent information involving world affairs. That way I won't make any mistakes. Thanks!

J.C.
                            No I am not powerful or almighty, I am just expressing my opinion which is what I thought this forum was all about, without having a smart *** like you useing words like omnipotent that are not used in general convertion by your average person and just shows the fool you are for useing them.

Tony

Comment

Yes you are right in what you say about the U.S. and I am not trying to stir the pot and you are our ally in a pact called the ANZAC treaty where Australia will help you when you are at war and visa vera and we have been fighting together since world war one and have been dying together ever since even though the U.S. is three hundred million and we are just twenty million we give what we can.
                              But you do have same mad presidents that come along every generation and lead us into same stupid wars that we should have know better not to get involved in and this in my opinion is one of them.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X