Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Ergonomic Hammer wanted

Hey there everyone,

About 5 years ago Ridgid sold an 18oz. Ergonomic Hammer at HD. Kind of an odd looking hammer, with a curved handle and shock absorbing slits in the head with a very unique handle design which kept the hammer from rotating when it hit a nail head.

I bought one and I loved it. This was THE BEST trim hammer I have ever owned, and I have been a trim carpenter for 35 years. Unfortunately, about a year ago, it was stolen, along with a lot of other tools.

I have been searching everywhere I can think of for the last year trying to find one, garage sales, auctions, online you name it, but no luck. I am hoping someone out there has one and would be willing to sell it to me.

I have attached a pic, the only one I could find, of the hammer.

If you have one of these or know someone who does, please email me, I am desperate....
    Attached Files

Re: Ridgid Ergonomic Hammer wanted

Looks like a neat hammer. From what I could find the design is very well thought out. But they stopped making them from what I can tell. I found this artical that showed how they made the hammer, but most importantly they have the companies that were involved listed at the end of the artical. Send them a fax you never know they may just have a few kicking around or maybe they know where they sent them after Home Depot dropped them.
    http://www.eoat.com/articles/EOAT/article4.htm

Comment

Hey Chief...I know it has been 3 years ....I wondered if you ever did find the hammer you were looking for?

Comment

it will be hard to find it, because it is been discontinues production at lease 4~5 years ago. but i still have one. The old version

Comment

Working...
        X