X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Giant Ladders

Anybody here use Little Giant Ladders? Good? Bad? Otherwise??

I just picked up the model 13 (smallest one they make) at Wal-Mart of all places(leftover from a Christmas special order promotion). I gotta say I'm pretty impressed. The old stepladder was buckling over the last few weeks as I was doing some general maintenance around the house. I had been circling the cheaper Lite/Cosco combo ladders available around here for like half the money, but all the years of seeing the infomercial on tv made be bite the bullet and grab the Little Giant. Had seen them in November at the store and I think it called to me for the past 6 months.....

More solid in stepladder form than extension, but pretty handy all around. Was replacing some facing board on the shed yesterday and it was a lot easier to move this ladder around 20 or 30 times than my old wooden ladder. Liked it so much that I yearn for one of the bigger ones, even though I don't need it. The fiberglass ones look hot too, even though I'm not an electrician. I guess we always want more than we need...
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Re: Little Giant Ladders

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
    Anybody here use Little Giant Ladders? Good? Bad? Otherwise??

I just picked up the model 13 (smallest one they make) at Wal-Mart of all places(leftover from a Christmas special order promotion). I gotta say I'm pretty impressed. The old stepladder was buckling over the last few weeks as I was doing some general maintenance around the house. I had been circling the cheaper Lite/Cosco combo ladders available around here for like half the money, but all the years of seeing the infomercial on tv made be bite the bullet and grab the Little Giant. Had seen them in November at the store and I think it called to me for the past 6 months.....

More solid in stepladder form than extension, but pretty handy all around. Was replacing some facing board on the shed yesterday and it was a lot easier to move this ladder around 20 or 30 times than my old wooden ladder. Liked it so much that I yearn for one of the bigger ones, even though I don't need it. The fiberglass ones look hot too, even though I'm not an electrician. I guess we always want more than we need...
    I've been using Little Giant Ladders for over 30-years and have no complaints. It is the only ladder we carried on our trucks as step ladders. When I had my ladder accident it was because I used my son-in laws new HD fiberglass ladder instead of one of my Little Giant ladders.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Love them. I use the gorilla knockoff for personal use and the little giant at navy work and can tell no difference. Unless you're a bodybuilder, I'd stay away from the fiberglass model, heavy.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I have two. They are heavy, handy, not the best vertical ladder but servicable, oh and they are finger pinching bastards.
        sigpic

Comment

little giant goes back to 1974. my still in use 16' is from 1979.

this is like a k-60

if i only had 1 ladder, it would be the little giant

unfortunately i have over a dozen, but only 3 ladders in the truck.

p.s. those wallmart little giants, are made by little giant to a lessor standard. it's not built to the same heavy duty standards as their pro line.

costco has the same line for $199.00. but when they have a roadshow, the rep sells the real deal with all the bells and whistles.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I LOVE mine. It also makes me very popular with my friends.
            To anyone thinking of buying one, search for the "demo" website where you can order the scratched and dinged ones at a significant discount.
            And be sure to get one with wheels - they are heavy.

Comment

When I bought my first Little Giant ladder they were only sold at Counnty Fairs and the guy was still working out of his garage. They have sure come a long way since then.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

p.s. those wallmart little giants, are made by little giant to a lessor standard. it's not built to the same heavy duty standards as their pro line.

costco has the same line for $199.00. but when they have a roadshow, the rep sells the real deal with all the bells and whistles.

rick.
                Yeah, I know, the model 13one I have is rated at 250 pounds, the heavier duty stuff is rated at 300. I had a "found money" credit of almost $109 though, so the ladder(including the work platform), after taxes, was around $173 bucks. And all I had to do was walk it out of the store and into the car. Pluse I needed one now. The Shopping Channel has the 17(300 pound rated) for $300 plus tax and shipping, which pushes the price to around $373.

Figured the 13 was good for "general around the house" maintenance-type stuff. If I was doing regular work, I would definitely get a pro model. Like others have implied, you need more than one to fulfill all your needs.
                I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

"You get what you pay for!" An old trite saying but so very true!
                  I purchased a little giant ladder, gosh, almost 8 years ago. I have the model M-22 Type1
                  ladder. This is their medium duty design rated at 250lbs.
                  I have found it extremely versatile and safe!

I did order those cute casters to add to my older design. I think I used the rollers a few times, otherwise I simply carry the ladder.

Be aware of ladder ratings! They are very subtle! When you see a little giant that is priced very low, you are not getting the "pro-ladder". You are getting their low end model, which
                  by the way is still excellent and safe. The low end model though has a lower weight rating!

Type 1 = 250lbs
                  Type 1A [as seen on tv] =300lbs
                  Type 1AA =375lbs

Cactus Man

Comment

I bought the short Werner copy. Full extension to 13'. Can fit in the trunk of a car and still get you on the roof of alot of houses. Rated at 300lbs. (I think, I'm not going out to check) and I paid $69.99 on sale.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

FYI: At Costco for $199 (a little marketing for Costco):
                      300 lb capacity Little Giant® MegaLite™ M17 Type 1A Aluminum Ladder

24 Ladders All In One Small Easy-To-Use Ladder System
                      Last edited by reConx; 06-10-2008, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
                        FYI: At Costco for $199 (a little marketing for Costco):
                        300 lb capacity Little Giant® MegaLite™ M17 Type 1A Aluminum Ladder

24 Ladders All In One Small Easy-To-Use Ladder System
                        I got a little giant ladders from this website. I bought mine about two years ago. I think it's sturdy for a ladder from an infomercial!!
                        Last edited by hairyauman; 07-02-2008, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X