Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any insight into HD/Lowe's install services?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any insight into HD/Lowe's install services?

Eli, great response. You reminded me of my dad who passed away last year. He too was a master plumber, one thing he always taught myself, my brother, and anyone else who worked for him was that never try to make yourself look better by stepping on the guy who was there on the job before you, make yourself look good by doing a good job.

Comment

my one experience was a garage door with HD. install was ok but i wouldn't hire them again. too much emphasis on getting in and getting out. but, when the door showed pitting, after some complaints, HD replaced the door with a new door at their expense a year later. i find large companies are preferrable to the small local guy in that there is always someone in the management hierarchy willing to honor my reasonable adjustment request. too many small guys just stop answering the phone.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

they dont care who they hire they set the price and the plumber has to get it done add ons tough code issues tough, warranty issues good luck, defective product tough, speaking from experience tried a couple installs early on and the installations were never simple the customers if anything went wrong blamed you. saw were it was heading and told the big box needed more money to bring a lot of these up to code they said tough i said get bent and walked away and never looked back{we were doing water heater installs and not many at that]

Comment

Working...
        X