Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: That's it....

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    There is no one better at getting off topic than us. Does anyone even remember what this thread was about in the first place?

We should just have one big open thread that never ever ends. Oh yea, I guess that would be a blog and I hate those.

Did we sort out Devine yet? I fell asleep trying to catch up on that one. I'm still bettin he's got a licence and is just dogging us. Hell with a web site like his it would be way too easy for the board to catch up with him.

I lived in Michigan for just shy of ten years, they take licensing pretty serious up there.

I'm going away now for a bit. I've been on the forum way way too much, need to take a break.

Hey that's what the original thread was
    Topic...huh?
    There are topics?
    As for Devine, it's sad, turns out your suspicions were right, he wasn't kidding - no license.
    He apparently overlooked that small detail when he opted to open a plumbing business.
    He has a college degree, so I suspect he has options.
    Somehow he figured he could just load up a truck with tools, advertise rock bottom prices and get right to it.
    He's lucky to have found out the easy way, apparently MI really is harsh...right up to seizure of home & assets.
    With a wife and kids that would be terrible, the irony is that he had no idea.
    Nice enough guy, just misguided.
    I wish him well, I truly hope he does the right thing.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      There is no one better at getting off topic than us. Does anyone even remember what this thread was about in the first place?

We should just have one big open thread that never ever ends. Oh yea, I guess that would be a blog and I hate those.

Did we sort out Devine yet? I fell asleep trying to catch up on that one. I'm still bettin he's got a licence and is just dogging us. Hell with a web site like his it would be way too easy for the board to catch up with him.

I lived in Michigan for just shy of ten years, they take licensing pretty serious up there.

I'm going away now for a bit. I've been on the forum way way too much, need to take a break.

Hey that's what the original thread was
      Sorry NHM,
      Looks like you and a few others were spared.I was under the impression the ridgid forum was for the A.D.D. impared.
      This forum drifts like no other.

On another note.The thread.

I remembered today why joined this wonderful forum.I was sick of the trades,mainly contractors being a bunch of hacks.I have only seen two plumbers who are members here workmanship.For all I know the rest of the forum are hacks.I'm sure it's not true but you get my drift.

I want to be able to hold a licensed contractor accountable for his work looking worse than my 4 month apprentice.

Divine?
      For all I know he's a better plumber than I that is in an atmosphere that does not justify needing a license.
      But if he needs one and he's running around in the shadows to be a cheap-skate then that's going to get a different response from me.

Adam

Comment

Adam, you'd kick my *** speed-wise on new construction. But I can do some pretty work. I learned to 'over-build' everything to a high standard from my uncles who are high-end tile and marble guys. I like to step back from my work when finished and admire the high-quality. My niche is people who prefer quality plumbing they can rely on for years.
        I like to think an experienced master as yourself would give my work the thumbs-up. Or maybe I'm just hack and don't even know it!

edit: thats my bathroom in the avatar. all my own work of course.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
          Adam, you'd kick my *** speed-wise on new construction. But I can do some pretty work. I learned to 'over-build' everything to a high standard from my uncles who are high-end tile and marble guys. I like to step back from my work when finished and admire the high-quality. My niche is people who prefer quality plumbing they can rely on for years.
          I like to think an experienced master as yourself would give my work the thumbs-up. Or maybe I'm just hack and don't even know it!

edit: thats my bathroom in the avatar. all my own work of course.
          I was only making a statement to provide a little depth.I'm sure your a very conscientious plumber providing the best service you know

Bath looks great.

Comment

Adam, you'd kick my *** speed-wise on new construction.
            Thank goodness you said construction. I thought you were gonna say typing and I almost fell over
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Here is an 80 gallon water heater I installed last week. I replaced a 120 gallon with this and installed the thermostatic mixing valve to save energy while still providing a ton of hot water. The owners were thrilled as the installation saved money over a 120 gal. unit and they will save a little electricity on the smaller heater. Also installed the code-required expansion tank. Nothing special, just an example of my daily service work to throw out to separate myself from the possible hacks.

Comment

What was this thread about again? Who cares!?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  Sorry NHM,
                  Looks like you and a few others were spared.I was under the impression the ridgid forum was for the A.D.D. impared.

I remembered today why joined this wonderful forum.I was sick of the trades,mainly contractors being a bunch of hacks.I have only seen two plumbers who are members here workmanship.For all I know the rest of the forum are hacks.I'm sure it's not true but you get my drift.

I want to be able to hold a licensed contractor accountable for his work looking worse than my 4 month apprentice.

Divine?
                  For all I know he's a better plumber than I that is in an atmosphere that does not justify needing a license.
                  But if he needs one and he's running around in the shadows to be a cheap-skate then that's going to get a different response from me.

Adam
                  All copper manifold.
                  Three zones in place, one was added.
                  This was a replacement for an oil boiler.
                  I stopped by a few days after I finished with a camera, the homeowner decided to put the insulation over my beautiful, beautiful copper.
                  I cried, he hugged me and offered me therapy over it.
                  I have been putting off posting this because it drives me batty seeing the other guys get picked to pieces, but what the hey.

Side note, there was at least one thing I added after this pic, three other things I wanted to replace, but the price for these boilers is high as is and the owner wanted me to keep him from having to take out a second mortgage.
                  See if you can guess what these things were.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by DuckButter; 06-02-2008, 06:56 PM.

Comment

I get used to doing copper, we have to use it for waste and vent here, as well as water.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      Thank goodness you said construction. I thought you were gonna say typing and I almost fell over

Comment

Originally posted by Killertoiletspider View Post
                        I get used to doing copper, we have to use it for waste and vent here, as well as water.
                        YOU should post pics...I've seen your work.
                        These guys'll drool.

Comment

Thats a really crappy photo Duckbutter (the lighting especially), doesn't do the job justice. Looks like good work though. I bet it looked even better without insulation (and in real life.)

Comment

Thats a really crappy photo Duckbutter (the lighting especially), doesn't do the job justice. Looks like good work though. I bet it looked even better without insulation (and in real life.)
                            I was on the way home, stopped by after calling him...as soon as I saw the insulation it was downhill from there as far as my "photography" skills were concerned.
                            I even asked if he minded if I yank it down to shoot it...he didn't take to that idea too well.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                              Sorry NHM,

Divine?

Adam
                              Not sure how he'd be in the shadows. He's advertising and I assume he's got the business name on the van. It's only a matter of time before they come a knockin. Hell I forgot to put my commercial license # on 1 of the 13 business trucks and I got a nasty letter from the board.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                                YOU should post pics...I've seen your work.
                                These guys'll drool.
                                thats why i have some of my work pictures here
                                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/
                                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Working...
                                X