X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• morristown, tn?

anyone here know anything thing about this area? like....

is there work, what is avg wages, housing market, climate, and if there are any major bissnessis there like some sort of factory work.

this is an area i am thinking about going to but every thing i can fine makes this place look like the greatest place in the world, yet i know better.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Re: morristown, tn?

OSC,

Its some beautiful country around there, and a nice lake to the north, but the name escapes me at the moment.

The following is a link to the top 20 employers from their Chamber of Commerce web site.

http://www.morristownchamber.com/ind...employers.html

I would suggest taking a vacation there for a week or so before deciding to move anywhere.

Regards,

Comment

wow thanks, i can't belive i missed that
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

what are you looking to move there
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
          what are you looking to move there
          I think he is looking to move himself there
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            I think he is looking to move himself there

lol yeah pretty much,. i am sick of florida the heat is unbearable that land scape is just flat and the there is little to no work, at times i think moving to florida was the worst thing i have ever done. now don't get me wrong now, there are desent things about florida, i am just growing very tired of it. i have always loved the mountains, but if there is no work there then theift and other crimes will be high, and that is what i am tring to avoid.
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

the part of pa im in is getting a little to populated for me and i would love to move up north to MA ,VT or NH

but the other 1/2 said not yet
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

when i was a teenager i grow up in a small town in berkshire mass call great barrington, i loved it there but i am atad to much of a redneck to go back there (b.m.w.'s and porchees are like chevy and ford here) and even though morristwon is a tad bigger that most small towns it seems that they might still have the small town feeling ya know what i mean?
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

You could move back here OSC but just not Prince Georges County this time

That's what I love about this place.

1 hour drive you're in the Blue Ridge mountains

2 hours you're at the Ocean beaches

10 minute drive you're standing on Capital Hill

20 minute drive you're in Crapital Frieghts

Plenty of work around here still

Comment

i spent most of life there(20 of 35 years) i want some place that i will enjoy not be fearful again. yes plenty of old work but i also want a place where i can start a new life and enjoy a new carrer. though i have though about moving back in to the area.
                    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I can't vouch personally for it........but I heard tenessee has issues with their school systems and the kids that are in them.....

but I can't say that for sure.

That's everywhere IMO. I think it was just personal experience for one couple.....and they moved back to ohio.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

thanks dunbar but my son grauates in just a few days then off to the coast gaurd
                        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I have seen from your posts that you have a background in driving. If you are interested in driving there are all kinds of opportunities an the Albany, NY area, everything from end dumps on construction sites to dump trucks to dump trailers to freight hauling. If you are interested in heavy construction there are also many jobs available from laborer to carpenters to foremen in every trade. We can hardly find people who can put two words together to form a sentence. When we finally do, most don't know which end of the hammer to hold.

-Tom

Comment

Crimes reported in Hamblen County Tennessee
                            Crime 2000

[ Arrests ] [ Crimes reported ] [ Back to Hamblen County, Tennessee ]
                            Note: This table is no longer being maintained. For later data, see the National Archive of Criminal Justice Data, University of Michigan.
                            Statistics presented are based on data collected by the FBI as part of its Uniform Crime Reporting Program. These data represent offenses reported to and arrests made by State and local law enforcement agencies as reported to the FBI. These data do not include Federal law enforcement activity. Additionally, not all law enforcement agencies consistently report offense and arrest data to the FBI. Users should refer to the Coverage Indicator for the proportion of the population covered by the agencies reporting to the FBI.
                            [ Caution ] [ Coverage ] [ Definitions of crimes ]
                            CrimeNumberTotal2,451Murder2Rape11Robbery37Aggrava ted Assault251Burglary424Larceny - theft1,490Motor vehicle thefts215Coverage indicator100%
                            Data provided by the Federal Bureau of Investigation to the National Archive of Criminal Justice Data, University of Michigan
                            Population statistics are based on data provided by the FBI and may differ from similar statistics reported by the Census Bureau. Population statistics generated by the FBI are used to calculate crime rates and to estimate the proportion of the population covered by the UCR program. Additional Information on Crime in US Localities

Hamblen, Tennessee (47063)

Hamblen is one of 95 counties in Tennessee. It is part of the Morristown, TN (MSA). Its 2006 population of 60,750 ranked 21st in the state.
                            PER CAPITA PERSONAL INCOME

In 2006 Hamblen had a per capita personal income (PCPI) of $26,338. This PCPI ranked 39th in the state and was 82 percent of the state average, $32,172, and 72 percent of the national average, $36,714. The 2006 PCPI reflected an increase of 2.5 percent from 2005. The 2005-2006 state change was 4.4 percent and the national change was 5.6 percent. In 1996 the PCPI of Hamblen was $19,367 and ranked 29th in the state. The 1996-2006 average annual growth rate of PCPI was 3.1 percent. The average annual growth rate for the state was 3.9 percent and for the nation was 4.3 percent.
                            TOTAL PERSONAL INCOME

In 2006 Hamblen had a total personal income (TPI) of $1,600,044*. This TPI ranked 21st in the state and accounted for 0.8 percent of the state total. In 1996 the TPI of Hamblen was $1,079,304* and ranked 19th in the state. The 2006 TPI reflected an increase of 3.8 percent from 2005. The 2005-2006 state change was 5.9 percent and the national change was 6.7 percent. The 1996-2006 average annual growth rate of TPI was 4.0 percent. The average annual growth rate for the state was 5.1 percent and for the nation was 5.4 percent.
                            COMPONENTS OF TOTAL PERSONAL INCOME

Total personal income includes net earnings by place of residence; dividends, interest, and rent; and personal current transfer receipts received by the residents of Hamblen. In 2006 net earnings accounted for 68.0 percent of TPI (compared with 67.2 in 1996); dividends, interest, and rent were 10.4 percent (compared with 14.3 in 1996); and personal current transfer receipts were 21.6 percent (compared with 18.5 in 1996). From 2005 to 2006 net earnings increased 2.4 percent; dividends, interest, and rent increased 8.2 percent; and personal current transfer receipts increased 6.0 percent. From 1996 to 2006 net earnings increased on average 4.1 percent each year; dividends, interest, and rent increased on average 0.8 percent; and personal current transfer receipts increased on average 5.6 percent.
                            EARNINGS BY PLACE OF WORK

Earnings of persons employed in Hamblen increased from $1,579,547* in 2005 to $1,606,708* in 2006, an increase of 1.7 percent. The 2005-2006 state change was 5.5 percent and the national change was 5.7 percent. The average annual growth rate from the 1996 estimate of $1,016,906* to the 2006 estimate was 4.7 percent. The average annual growth rate for the state was 5.4 percent and for the nation was 5.5 percent.
                            *Note: All income estimates with the exception of PCPI are in thousands of dollars, not adjusted for inflation.
                            Top 50 Fastest-Growing Occupations

Comment

Working...
                            X