Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I picked the ring for my girl!

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
    Congrats, Eli! My hubby and I just had our 24th anniversary. It's a great thing to have shared so much of our lives. It hasn't been easy, but it's sure been worth it. Best of luck!! Make sure there's lots of pictures of the wedding. There's always some very good stories that come out of that day.
    That is awesome. It is nice to hear that sort of sentiment after 24 years!

Eli
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
      It is only a matter of time until it is

Oh, she's a precocious one in this regard. On the plus side I did find my favorite utility knife in the bottom of that trash bin!

Eli

Comment

Thank you everyone for your words and wishes. I couldn't sleep last night with the anticipation of getting the order underway today. Minh just got promoted to manager of her own store, hopped right over the assistant managers in the district after only being a sales associate for just over a year, and she decided getting a 50 inch flat panel would be an appropriate celebratory act. All this means I have to take her firmly off the market asap so I gotta get the forgers forging.

Eli

PS I'll try to keep the drippy bragging about her to a minimum, but *sniff* she is the best thing that ever happened to me.

Comment

Congrats, Hope you have a wonderful life together.

shup

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
            I finally picked the ring for my Betrothed. I am pretty excited!

Eli
            Congratulations! I bought my wife's ring and managed to surprise her. I was actually planning on waiting a while until we were on vacation, but within a week of getting the ring it was on her finger. I know the anxiety you are going through right now. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              when i finally gave it to joey, she didn't know if i was serious.
              My wife asked me if I was crazy.

Comment

I wish you and your future wife all the best. May you guys remain best friends the rest of your lives. Congrats!

Comment

I got rejected at a football game in a crowd of 60,000, on the big screen.

No way of knowing how many millions laughed at my expense when the vid went online.

Never again will I ask for a hand in marriage in front of a lot of people.
                  Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Congratulations!

You and your fiance have my sincerest best wishes for a wonderful life together.

You will not know the true meaning of happiness until after you are married.

Tom

Comment

Eli,

Congratulations! I hope she gives you a quick YES! and that this will be a very long and happy marriage.

My wife and I have been married for forty years, and though we occasionally have our differences, I've never had any regrets.

I wish you both all the best,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                        I got rejected at a football game in a crowd of 60,000, on the big screen.

No way of knowing how many millions laughed at my expense when the vid went online.

Never again will I ask for a hand in marriage in front of a lot of people.

Dude..............really????

Yeeeeeeeeessssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................. .
                        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Ok Eli, you asked for it!

Rick had bought the ring on one of his trips but was waiting until he bought a shop to put all his tools before he let me in on it.

This is the ONLY thing Rick has ever kept a secret. He did not tell one person.

I had a party for him and our friends insisted that he open their gift in front of everyone. It was a fake diamond engagement ring with a card that read "you have everything a guy could need except for a wife" They didn't know Rick had a ring and Rick didn't know about their gift. . .had they each known the story would have ended here.

Later that night we went to a Chinese restaurant with my family that we grew up at. Rick gave me the fake ring box, but with a real ring. (ironically the fake ring was an exact replica!) I kept thinking it was the fake ring. My brothers kept passing the ring on the lazy susan saying Joey this thing is real but I refused to believe them since they joke around as much as Rick. My niece asked to try it on and I told her she could do whatever she wanted with it because it was fake. She dropped it on the floor and nobody moved.

Rick jumped out of his seat and yelled that someone better pick it up because it was real! My brother picked it up and I left it sitting on the table with Rick insisting I put it on because it was real. I finally believed him after he explained where and when he got it.
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post

PS I'll try to keep the drippy bragging about her to a minimum, but *sniff* she is the best thing that ever happened to me.
                            It takes a real man to make a statement like that. Nice job!

Congratulations!
                            Jack

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                              Ok Eli, you asked for it!

Rick had bought the ring on one of his trips but was waiting until he bought a shop to put all his tools before he let me in on it.

This is the ONLY thing Rick has ever kept a secret. He did not tell one person.

I had a party for him and our friends insisted that he open their gift in front of everyone. It was a fake diamond engagement ring with a card that read "you have everything a guy could need except for a wife" They didn't know Rick had a ring and Rick didn't know about their gift. . .had they each known the story would have ended here.

Later that night we went to a Chinese restaurant with my family that we grew up at. Rick gave me the fake ring box, but with a real ring. (ironically the fake ring was an exact replica!) I kept thinking it was the fake ring. My brothers kept passing the ring on the lazy susan saying Joey this thing is real but I refused to believe them since they joke around as much as Rick. My niece asked to try it on and I told her she could do whatever she wanted with it because it was fake. She dropped it on the floor and nobody moved.

Rick jumped out of his seat and yelled that someone better pick it up because it was real! My brother picked it up and I left it sitting on the table with Rick insisting I put it on because it was real. I finally believed him after he explained where and when he got it.
                              I see what you mean! That's not a day you guys will forget.

I made my order today and I'm thinking that I might be wiser to see if I can get Rick to sell me the fake ring and toilet seat bidet as a bundle. If the fake was good enough to have you doubting the real one, maybe I can pass it off and save the bidet for her first anniversary present!! BAM! Already keeping myself out of the doghouse a YEAR ahead of time!

See, and you guys were worried about me. Pfft, this marriage thing is gonna be a breeze.

BTW, later on when I have kids remind me to steer them clear of of this hammer-ape business in favor of running some sort of mineral cartel instead. You know the type I mean, one based on a product that can be mined, hoarded and price manipulated. "The two months salary rule is not used anymore, four months salary is the new standard men go by these days" my a$$.

And what gives with no more dowries from the brides family? I mean I don't expect a herd of goats, but maybe one nag that gives milk--or a billy to take care of the lawn.
                              Last edited by woodenstickers; 06-04-2008, 05:43 AM. Reason: Shouldn't try to be clever at quarter to 4 in the am

Comment

Sorry Eli, I gotta keep the fake ring-the sentimental value is priceless.

I still have the candy necklace Rick bought me on our first date 7 years ago.
                                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                                X