X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I picked the ring for my girl!

I finally picked the ring for my Betrothed. I am pretty excited!

Eli
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Re: I picked the ring for my girl!

congrats!

Comment

copngrats!!! that is so exciting!!!!

Comment

Congrats, Eli! My hubby and I just had our 24th anniversary. It's a great thing to have shared so much of our lives. It hasn't been easy, but it's sure been worth it. Best of luck!! Make sure there's lots of pictures of the wedding. There's always some very good stories that come out of that day.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Congratz Stickers!

Comment

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post

Eli
            Wonderful ... I sure hope for you that she says YES YES YES You have won my heart.

When you are about to ask her, please play this absolutely beautiful song that was song by a true singing angle, the wonderful Miss Eva Cassidy that was a native of the Washington, DC area. You'll understand what I mean as her totally awesome (No doubt God loved her very much and she loved God) voice. For what it's worth she played a salvage modified "Songbird" acoustic guitar but this young lady could have made beautiful sound out of an old wood box with rubber bands! Her brother plays a very special violin that has a beautiful tone.

WARNING: To all forum members, please do not research and read about her life or you'll just cry your heart out. Eva was a shy, happy and at peace with the world girl. That's how she needs to be remembered. Her spirit is very much alive today. I have no doubt she is in a much better place now.

Credits:
            Vocals and acoustic guitar - Eva Cassidy
            Special Violin - Eva's brother Dan that was living in Iceland and as best I know still does.
            Song written by Steven Digman who admired her beautiful voice and knew she was very special in a wonderful way.
            Others - Special people that were friends.

I may be wrong, I believe this was recorded in a small studio in or very near Baltimore, MD and that Eva sings with herself in parts.

The second one is proof that she really was truly remarkable. Live from Blues Alley, Washington, DC in the spring of 1996.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0qD0ejB79k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUwTdqPkluY

These were not uploaded to YouTube by anyone I know and not by me either. I really wish people would respect others and purchase legal copies directly off the master. There is a big difference in the quality. The video of the performance at Blues Alley was done by a friend and it is armature but is the only recording. The performers did it mostly as a labor of love. Some people just enjoy music and helping to make others happy. None of them wanted fame or great $$$.
            Last edited by Woussko; 06-03-2008, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Eli
              Good for you! Enjoy each other.
              Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Eli
                (I replied to your other message too)
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Boy trouble is jsut starting for you.

CONGRATULATIONS,
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                    Boy trouble is jsut starting for you.
                    It is only a matter of time until it is

I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

does she know?

i had mine for a good 6 months and nobody knew.

when i finally gave it to joey, she didn't know if i was serious.

i'll have to explain later as i have a plane to catch.

maybe i'll have joey do the explaining.

congrats.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick and Joey

Good stuff to talk about at the special roundup if there's bad weather sometime. Get everyone together and have Joey tell the story and you can add your part.

Comment

best wishes to you eli, you are a heck of a nice guy and you deserve to have that special some one in you life. hopeing you have a lifetime together.
                          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

oh yeah you should not look at marrage this way......

you should just run now while you still can.
                            Attached Files
                            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              does she know?

i had mine for a good 6 months and nobody knew.

when i finally gave it to joey, she didn't know if i was serious.

i'll have to explain later as i have a plane to catch.

maybe i'll have joey do the explaining.

congrats.

rick.
                              I'd love to read about it!

Yes, she does know. Because of her background we started talking about the implications of marriage early on in our relationship. She and her family came here from Vietnam when she was 10 yrs old, and she was the first person in her family to read, write and speak english. She taught herself at that young age and helped her parents do everything from enrolling the kids in school to buying a house later on. She was the first person in her community to date a non-Vietnamese person (me!) and it was a bit stressful being introduced to her traditional family. It is not traditionally a surprise proposal in Vietnam, so the subject came up frequently as I became more and more accepted by her father and mother. It was her Grandmother in Vietnam deciding that I sounded "dreamy" that broke the floodgates open even as her parents' friends insisted it was a bad idea.

Anyway, it hasn't been a secret to anyone that this is where we were headed, but I still plan to do a traditional proposal once I get the ring. We spent the last 6-8 months checking different designs out and seeing what she liked and what looked good on her as far as size (thankfully she has tiny hands!!) and setting. I finally found a design that has everything we liked--and of course it had to be Cartier That's what I get for celebrating her small hands.

I know she'll love it though, and as for unexpectedly, I happen to be able to afford it just at the right time.

Eli
                              Last edited by woodenstickers; 06-03-2008, 12:07 PM.
                              A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Working...
                              X