X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Round Up Update

Well we are all starting to show up in Ohio. Tonight a dozen of us met for dinner then played jenga and the electrical shock games until just before midnight. This is going to be a great adventure for sure.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Ridgid Round Up Update

Ah, I wish I'd known. This was the night my wife worked late. I had leftovers out of the 'fridge. See y'all tomorrow evening.

(I put a note in the roundup participants group, but I don't know if anyone checks that.)
    Steve
    www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by smorris View Post
      Ah, I wish I'd known. This was the night my wife worked late. I had leftovers out of the 'fridge. See y'all tomorrow evening.

(I put a note in the roundup participants group, but I don't know if anyone checks that.)
      I just saw the note now. Rick called Josh when we got off the plane and he said he'd meet us. We didn't think anyone else would be in on the extra night

We would have loved to have you
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

i'm hoping to join you guys tonight...maybe...depends on a sitter of course. At least I know I can join you guys the three nights after that. I don't want to miss out on all the fun!

Comment

Hi everyone, Have a great time but do watch out for nasty T-storms. We are already under alerts for a huge regional area expected this afternoon and evening. Very heavy rain, local flooding, strong wind gusts. I'm near Washington, DC by the way. The alert for my area extends way out all over MD, DC much of VA, eastern WV and the south central and central PA areas. All I can say is that over the weekend our electric power companies had their work cut out and so did all the tree removal crews. There are far too many old sick trees and something really attacked the evergreens hard this spring. Many are busting up with just gentle winds and heavy rain. Many are uprooting too.

If you have internet access, check these sites.

http://www.noaa.gov - this gets pretty technical

http:www.weather.com - The weather channel, just add a city and state

http://weather.aol.com/national.adp - You can go there without being a member. Just add a ZIP code or city and state. This one is really easy to use.

If you are driving, go into the bigger truck stops. They keep up on changing weather, local road flooding and such.

Comment

Well look who came back

Hi there Mrs. Josh ... It's been way too long. Please come into the forum when you can and get Joey and Zeljka to behave.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Josh View Post
              i'm hoping to join you guys tonight...maybe...depends on a sitter of course. At least I know I can join you guys the three nights after that. I don't want to miss out on all the fun!
              Oh come on we brought sitters with us. Most of us came out this trip just to met you and the boys.

Mark & Brenda
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I wonder how infants would fare at Dave and Busters. Great place for Kids but toddlers maybe not so much.

I told Helen she should come by at least before we head off to D&B.

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                  I told Helen she should come by at least before we head off to D&B.
                  Ah, then maybe I should meet y'all at the hotel. Don't wait for me if I'm not there, though. I'll meet up at one place or the other depending on the weather.

I posted the following in the social group thing, but don't know if anyone checks it. Mark, I also posted a link to Aurora Farms outlet mall, 'cause you were asking about an alternative to Lodi.

And for you threading guys, you'll get a sneak peek (well, description) Wednesday night on a product announcement that I've been dying to tell you about. Maybe I can convince somebody into upgrading one of his favorite machines.
                  See y'all then! I'll be the guy on the powder blue scooter!
                  Steve
                  Steve
                  www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Y'all aren't going to believe the reception the gang got when they arrived here at the plant this morning. There was a two-camera video crew set up, and two photographers. The bus pulled up at the main entrance to Ridge Tool, and as the attendees got out, they were greeted by applause and clapping from about 50-60 managers, vice presidents, the president of Ridge Tool, engineers, marketing people, advertising people, and more. We formed a funnel guiding them to the front door, and into the auditorium.

I wasn't at the presentation, but just now left the schoolhouse, where they are going through a range of product sessions with the marketing and engineering people responsible for each product line. Hands on demos, Q&A, etc were available.

The yard in front of the schoolhouse is set up with two large tents for lunch, and many other tents with products set up for display and for the competition. And there's a huhr banner on the front of the schoolhouse with the Ridgid Roundup image on it.

This has definitely been an all-out effort by Josh and the marketing/advertising team!

Last night was a blast, too, as we had a buffet and games at Dave & Busters, followed by Rick's shocker game in the hotel lobby, laser tag running all around the lobby (Josh killed me, even though I was trying to cheat. ) and Jenga. Oh, and the sledge hammer was brought out without damage to furniture or anyone's nose.
                    Steve
                    www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by smorris View Post
                      Y'all aren't going to believe the reception the gang got when they arrived here at the plant this morning. There was a two-camera video crew set up, and two photographers. The bus pulled up at the main entrance to Ridge Tool, and as the attendees got out, they were greeted by applause and clapping from about 50-60 managers, vice presidents, the president of Ridge Tool, engineers, marketing people, advertising people, and more. We formed a funnel guiding them to the front door, and into the auditorium.

I wasn't at the presentation, but just now left the schoolhouse, where they are going through a range of product sessions with the marketing and engineering people responsible for each product line. Hands on demos, Q&A, etc were available.

The yard in front of the schoolhouse is set up with two large tents for lunch, and many other tents with products set up for display and for the competition. And there's a huhr banner on the front of the schoolhouse with the Ridgid Roundup image on it.

This has definitely been an all-out effort by Josh and the marketing/advertising team!

Last night was a blast, too, as we had a buffet and games at Dave & Busters, followed by Rick's shocker game in the hotel lobby, laser tag running all around the lobby (Josh killed me, even though I was trying to cheat. ) and Jenga. Oh, and the sledge hammer was brought out without damage to furniture or anyone's nose.

Comment

YEA
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

The RIDGID roundup games are on their way until 4pm ... now you get to see the "real" professionals, and hell yeah there are a bunch of them!

btw, at those who want to see pictures, make sure you sit tight because Ridge cannot be held responsible for the behavior of some of them

(as this is my first post here, I'm actually Josh 's counterpart for Ridge in Europe, just fyi)

Comment

Originally posted by jan_vb View Post
                            The RIDGID roundup games are on their way until 4pm ... now you get to see the "real" professionals, and hell yeah there are a bunch of them!

btw, at those who want to see pictures, make sure you sit tight because Ridge cannot be held responsible for the behavior of some of them

(as this is my first post here, I'm actually Josh 's counterpart for Ridge in Europe, just fyi)
                            welcome jan,

are you at the round up or in belgium now?

I'm from europe too

When will the pics be posted?

My hubby is at the round up and he is to busy in winning the contest drum.vs sectional.

He is the drum guy.

It would be nice if we can see picts while the round up is happening...

maybe live streaming?
                            Last edited by mrs. westcoast; 06-05-2008, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                              welcome jan,

are you at the round up or in belgium now?

I'm from europe too

When will the pics be posted?

My hubby is at the round up and he is to busy in winning the contest drum.vs sectional.

He is the drum guy.

It would be nice if we can see picts while the round up is happening...

maybe live streaming?
                              Yeah, I'm at the roundup too. About pics and other streaming things, gotta ask Josh.
                              About the contest, quite competitive spirit around here, they just don't want to lose apparently.
                              Gotta budge now, will keep you posted here.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X