Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the best food your other half makes?

Robert is good in making cherrios with milk for breakfast

Re: the best food your other half makes?

taco salad, and her chilli.
    both will be forever missed that is for sure!!!!
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out what my wife can cook thats good. I'll have to come back on this, when I get it figured out. She can bake though, she is a darn good baker........
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Ballzarff Chili

Please don't ask what's in it but this stuff kicks out like an angry mule. Chili with serious bang.

Comment

My wife is a chef, a graduate of the Chicago Hospitality Institute, she cooks just about everything well. She can also clean and cook game meat, which is a big plus.

Comment

You lucky man!!! I have to clean my own game. And my wife is a good cook, but she's no chef!
            Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Well....

She's the fry cook at Wendy's so you know the menu already.
              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Toss me some garlic, onion, soy, ginger & a few other lil things and I make some great oriental.
                My wife makes an incredibly good tv dinnner.

Comment

Oh boy where to start....She makes an outrageous pasta with fresh vegetables. Her meatballs are to die for. She makes a delicious veal over spinach. I can go on and on....Now I'm hungry, let me see if she'll make me something

She is an awesome cook with 2 generations of family recipes. The BBQ is mine though!

Comment

Green salads. My wife uses leaf lettuce, adds capers, chopped red peppers, roasted sesame seeds - that she roasts herself - and tops everything with feta cheese. It is wonderful.

She won't even look at venison or wild turkey.

Comment

My wife makes what she calls Cutlets, which is how they are translated from Russian. The best way to describe them are fried meatballs.

1 lbs. beef, 1/2 lbs. pork, 1/2 veal, 7 pieces of bread soaked in milk, all put through a meat grinder. Add 2 cups of bread crumbs, a fried onion, and 2 eggs. Roll it into a ball (kind of flat, 4x as thick as a 1/4 lb. hamburger, 2/3 the diamter), coat it with bread crumbs and fry it. After frying, leave them in a low heat frying pan to make sure they cook through.

This is my absolute favorite meal at home, especially with some fried potatoes.

Comment

Man that sounds good, cpw! The hubby likes to make spagetti and he can do pretty well by spicing up a decent sauce.

I like to experiment. Apparently the meatloaf I made the other day was real good. Go figure! I do have to clean and butcher my own game. I enjoy making different things, but I guess my stir-fry would be my signature dish. It's always a bit different tho, as I discover new sauces and ingredients. Doing the same thing every time is boring!
                        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

CPW

I used to know an older Hungarian lady (friend's mom) and she made that. Yummy for sure.

Comment

Patty can make just about anything and I have so many "dishes" in mind that it's really hard to think of a favorite. One of my favorites is her lasagna, which is better than I've eaten anywhere. She's unquestionably the best cook in all the family and that says a lot I think.

But above all, she makes a cherry pie that is to die for. Actually the crust is the best part of it for me. She has a somewhat unique recipe I think, as I've never had a pie from anywhere that is even close.

CWS

Comment

Not sure where to start;
                              Pennsylvania Dutch Potato Filling
                              Vegetable Soup
                              Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Icing
                              Beef Roast
                              Creamed Beef on Toast

We combine to make
                              Pennsylvania Dutch Pot Pie (I do the homemade noodles)

My specialties
                              Meatloaf
                              Veal Marsala
                              Cheeseburgers with bacon and cheese in the burger
                              Baked French Toast stuffed with cream cheese

Comment

Working...
                              X