X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Big Thank You to Ridge Tool!

Since the roundup update thread continues to be trash talk about drain machine preference, I decided to separate this out.

Showing us hospitality during our stay is an enormous understatement! So many employees invested tons of their own time and energy into pulling off a spectatularly amazing event.

Everyone had a great time and learned a lot from you guys.

The plant tour was great to see everyone working and assemblying. Those guys have as much joy and pride in what they do at their end as all of us do at our end. It was fun to hear them talk about the products with as much vigor as the users. They were all as excited to show us how things were made as we were to see it. We even brought some of them out of their shell and met Charlie's twin!

Fred, the President, was like a Rock Star today. He signed everyone's catalog, wrote personal messages and took photos with us! We were all impressed by his hands-on knowledge with the products as well.

You all provided us with an event that was beyond our expectations.

THANK YOU!

After you rest up. . . .time to plan the 2nd Annual Ridgid Roundup

To everyone at Ridge who had their hand in the cookie jar-a sincere and heartfelt thank you to you and your families!

Joey (and what's his name)
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Re: A Big Thank You to Ridge Tool!

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
    Since the roundup update thread continues to be trash talk about drain machine preference, I decided to separate this out.

Showing us hospitality during our stay is an enormous understatement! So many employees invested tons of their own time and energy into pulling off a spectatularly amazing event.

Everyone had a great time and learned a lot from you guys.

The plant tour was great to see everyone working and assemblying. Those guys have as much joy and pride in what they do at their end as all of us do at our end. It was fun to hear them talk about the products with as much vigor as the users. They were all as excited to show us how things were made as we were to see it. We even brought some of them out of their shell and met Charlie's twin!

Fred, the President, was like a Rock Star today. He signed everyone's catalog, wrote personal messages and took photos with us! We were all impressed by his hands-on knowledge with the products as well.

You all provided us with an event that was beyond our expectations.

THANK YOU!

After you rest up. . . .time to plan the 2nd Annual Ridgid Roundup

To everyone at Ridge who had their hand in the cookie jar-a sincere and heartfelt thank you to you and your families!

Joey (and what's his name)

I also would like to thank everyone at RIDGID. from Josh, Steve and each and every employee that showed us great hospitality and made the event one to remember. First class all the way,Thanks Guys. For all of you that could not make it, I would really try your best to make it to next years event, you will not be disappointed. I would also like to thank all of the forum members, Rick, Joey, Adam, Bill, Ben, Alex, Greg, Mark, Robert, Aaron, and everyone else that made this a great experience. I cant wait to see you all again.
    Again, Thanks for everything.
    ________
    Green crack pictures
    Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:03 PM.
    Mike

Comment

Hey guys its Bill from Ohio. I just wanted to thank all the people at Ridgid. I thought I would be treated like an outcast for going to the roundup and honestly never even being to the forum before I had no idea what to expect. I had the time of my life !!! Everyone at Ridgid was great and its rare to find a company where everyone and I do mean everyone has such pride and commitment in every aspect of their job. I was as much impressed with the pipe wrench assembler as I was the president of Ridge Tool Company. Once again I would like to give my biggest heartfelt thank to everyone at Ridgid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I would really really like to thank all the people I met from the forum at the roundup. You guys and gals were great. I feel I made some good friends in a short period of time and I dont Intend to lose that. I will definately get to the forum now as often as I can. I might even have to spring for cable internet instead of dial up. I had a great time and that was mainly due to the people from the forum as much as the people from Ridgid. Thanks again for treating me as one of your own.

Next year Ill beat that 7 seconds

ohio plumber Bill

Comment

Whats a Ridgid Roundup?

Mark

Just kidding I want to echo what has already been said, you guys at Ridgid flat out rock.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

where do i start
          from josh and his wife helen, twins timothy and titus, for making all of us part of their family for the week.
          steve, wyatt, fred and all the rest of the ridge family.

what an amazing surprise and treat you all pulled off on us.

you all set a standard of professionalism that was beyond any of our wildest dreams.

words can't explain it, and pictures can't capture it. memories will live in our minds everytime we visit the forum. and for most of us, that's everyday.

we always joked about the hype leading up to the roundup. but this last week was no hype. the closeness that was felt with the employees we met was incredible.

the chance to meet the other member was priceless

thank you for all that you did and all that you do.

there is not any other group of people that i would want to spend this much time and energy with.

you guys and gals are the best

thanks,

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Can't agree more that what has been said! This was just an awesome couple of days! Being a wood worker it was cool to be able to see the original side of RIDGID, and how impressive it is. Thanks to all those in Elryia for putting up with us, it was great. Oh and Bill, Time Warner is having a special on RR lite

Comment

Yes, all kidding and joking aside, this ranks up there as one of the best times i ever had.

Meeting all the folks at Ridge, and then meeting the guys on the forum that you talk to everyday, but never see face to face was fantastic.

I was so impressed on how dedicated Ridge is to their employees, and to the tradesmen out there.

I hope this is a yearly thing, cause i will be there every year.

Thank you to everyone for making me feel at home there.

Thank you to all the forum members for the memories, hope to see everyone next year.
              The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                where do i start
                from josh and his wife helen, twins timothy and titus, for making all of us part of their family for the week.
                steve, wyatt, fred and all the rest of the ridge family.

what an amazing surprise and treat you all pulled off on us.

you all set a standard of professionalism that was beyond any of our wildest dreams.

words can't explain it, and pictures can't capture it. memories will live in our minds everytime we visit the forum. and for most of us, that's everyday.

we always joked about the hype leading up to the roundup. but this last week was no hype. the closeness that was felt with the employees we met was incredible.

the chance to meet the other member was priceless

thank you for all that you did and all that you do.

there is not any other group of people that i would want to spend this much time and energy with.

you guys and gals are the best

thanks,

rick.
                It looks like Rick has a new ghost writer, nice post Joey.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Ru&Lins_05 View Post
                  Can't agree more that what has been said! This was just an awesome couple of days! Being a wood worker it was cool to be able to see the original side of RIDGID, and how impressive it is. Thanks to all those in Elryia for putting up with us, it was great. Oh and Bill, Time Warner is having a special on RR lite
                  To bad that we have Armtrong Cable in Medina and not Time Warner. Guess I will have to move to Lima. Good luck with the Pregnancy . Had a great time in our group even if we had Robert In it. Just kidding westcost.

Comment

First class treatment all the way

Ridgid could have easily just shuffled us through the factory, handed us a free hat, some pens and said "thanks for coming, have a nice day" but they didn't

Now I know what Josh meant by all the details that went into building this. All the planning and man hours that made this event possible was just tremendous.

And this on top of their regular busy schedule. Even Joshs' mom said she hadn't seen much of him lately. I suspect others were kept late at the office as well. That's probably because of us. That shows the dedication these people have to Ridge Tool Co.

From this moment on I will treat my pipe wrenches with respect. I'll wipe them off, put them away properly. Because this week I looked into the eyes, shook the hand of the man that forged it, shaped it, assembled it and painted it. I'm going to name my new pipe wrench after you James

Steve Dyer, a big thank you for your slow reflexes on the stopwatch Without that I didn't stand a chance against Rick

Thank you all for the very warm welcome when we got off the bus. That was truly special. It made us feel like a celebrities. You even provided the paparazzi to record our triumphs and humiliations Thanks Rose, Matt and others on the video team. I can't wait to see the final production

I don't know how you are going to top this next year but I'll be there when you do

Proud to be ED
                    Last edited by plumberscrack; 06-08-2008, 09:58 AM.

Comment

To Fred, Josh, Steve, Wyatt, and the entire Ridge Tool Team -

The Ridgid RoundUp was amazing. Thank you very much for putting together this tremendous event. You really took care of us:

Company history
                      Product demonstrations
                      Tool Competitions
                      Product review sessions and Free Time
                      Video Presentations
                      Plant Tour
                      Food (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
                      Evening entertainment
                      Hotel arrangements
                      Bus transportation everywhere

As I look back, the days were packed from beginning to end with great stuff. As I mentioned to Rob, if you are a tool person, then this event is like a giant playground and playtime is from sun-up to sun-down. As a Do-It-Yourselfer I was learning the entire time I was there. Now that I’ve had an opportunity to see “inside the company”, you have a life-long customer. And ask my wife, I spend a lot of money on tools!

I can’t say this enough to anyone reading this post. Ridge Tool is a down-to-earth company full of hardworking people right in the middle of the United States. Ridge Tool is working to deliver the highest quality products that it can. No company or person is perfect (Plumber Rick comes close though), but Ridge Tool is doing what it takes to get there. The formula is simple, manage your business, focus on the products, and listen to the customer.

Thank you again RIDGID.
                      Best Regards - Matt H
                      (Forum name-AlwaysWorking)

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        From this moment on I will treat my pipe wrenches with respect. I'll wipe them off, put them away properly. Because this week I looked into the eyes, shook the hand of the man that forged it, shaped it, assembled it and painted it. I'm going to name my new pipe wrench after you James
                        First off I'm glad all of you are having a grand time visiting Ridge Tool Co.

Plumberscrack, All good tools deserve only the best care we can give them. Loads more go into making quality tools (even the most simple of them) than most of us ever realize. Now I want to know what you have named that special pipe wrench.

Comment

We could not stop talking on the plane about what a great experience we had. The truly amazing part is that Ridge tool is a major corporation that felt like a small family. We even played "pass the baby" with their kids.

Back to normal work for everyone tomorrow The fun and games are over
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

even though i could not make it until Friday morning my daughter and i were welcomed with open arms . from the time i walked in the door at the plant it was like a big family reunion .
                            i liked the plant tour that much i wanted to jump in and help make a tool or two my self [ but for safety reasons did not happen ] but we were able to get right in and see the quality that goes into EVERY tool made . And i do not have a twin they made it perfect the first time

i have worked in some big corporate places and never did i ever meet a president like Fred. when we started talking about some thing he put us on the pedestal and made us feel like we were the president .he was a man that did not mined getting his hands dirty .
                            HATS OFF TO YOU FRED

now to all the others josh and to all working to make this happen thank you thank you thank you this was a weekend i will never forget

this was also a trip to meet others from the forum and they to were like going to a family reunion . the fun we had will keep me laughing for a long time .

the only problem i have is that this trip has corrupted my daughter and now she is hooked with ridgid and is now a forum member
                            [ LITTLE HAWK

THANKS RIDGID
                            Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                            http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                            http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                              the only problem i have is that this trip has corrupted my daughter and now she is hooked with ridgid and is now a forum member
                              [ LITTLE HAWK

THANKS RIDGID
                              What seems to be the problem hawk? You seemed to get along just fine so carry on so here on the forum

Comment

Working...
                              X