Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on Ridgid? CG-100 Part 2!

Ridgid, whats going on with your CG-100 Combustible Gas Sniffers?

I sent my old one in, and it took 3 months to get one back. That's split milk now though.

So my new one was waiting for me when I got home from the Round Up. I throw some new batteries in it, and guess what, it's going off when no gases are present, which was the same problem the last one had.

In the factory it seemed like a lot of testing was going on before a product was shipped. Well the higher end products at least.

My question is, are you testing these Gas Sniffers?

Oh wait, I'm sure it was UPS's fault and it happened in shipping, right?

I guess it'll be another game of phone tag starting tomorrow afternoon.

Just callin' the shots as they happen.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Re: What's going on Ridgid? CG-100 Part 2!

AARON, GET OUT OF THE HOUSE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

dude, are you sure there aren't any gases around??? 2 different sniffers picking something up........maybe you should leave the area my little bro
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Ha, I was in my garage, in my driveway, and in the street and it's going off everywhere.

I'd be through the roof if I bought a See Snake and was receiving customer service like this.
      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
        Ha, I was in my garage, in my driveway, and in the street and it's going off everywhere.

I'd be through the roof if I bought a See Snake and was receiving customer service like this.

Maybe your the cause of the GAS

sigpic

Robert

Comment

I can not find a manual to down load and look at,

but are you adjsuting it correctly,

I have a gas sniffer of a diffrnet brand and one needs to adjsut it to where it jsut stops beeping and then use it, (on mine there is a knob to turn to adjsut).
          and there is a warm up time on mine. Where it will act funny untill it is warmed up correctly,

I do not know if that is the problme or not,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
            I can not find a manual to down load and look at,

but are you adjsuting it correctly,

I have a gas sniffer of a diffrnet brand and one needs to adjsut it to where it jsut stops beeping and then use it, (on mine there is a knob to turn to adjsut).
            and there is a warm up time on mine. Where it will act funny untill it is warmed up correctly,

I do not know if that is the problme or not,
            same here with 2 of my other sniffers.

aaron, let the sniffer warm up and equalize. i will look for a owners manual to confirm it.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

aaron, here is the only link i can find.

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Micro-CG100-Gas-Sniffer

appears to be a hi low sensitivity with auto calibration.

let it sit turned on for a good 5 minutes to warn up.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Aaron, sorry to hear the gas sniffer is giving you so many issues. I am the product manager for this product. One way or another we will make it right with the gas sniffer.

To answer your question, all of our gas sniffers are tested before they leave the factory. If we can't get this to work, I will personally test a new sniffer and get it out to you.

All gas sniffers come with a serial #. Can you let me know what this is so I can check it against our testing records? Also, please give me some feedback on the troubleshooting below.

It sounds like a battery or sensor issue. You mentioned throwing new batteries into the sniffer. Were they the batteries that come with it or another package of batteries that you already had?

If they are the batteries that came with it, try throwing in another set of batteries. It could be a bad batch of batteries.

It sounds like you have been turning it on in a fresh air environment. If not, that could cause the sensor to malfunction.

If the sniffer is still not functioning properly, we will get you one that does. Thanks.

Comment

The only printed material I could find was a catalog sheet, no manual online that I could find. http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/5535D94...niffer_Cat.pdf

Does RIDGID have any plans to offer an O2 detector? Being able to check oxygen levels is as (if not more) important than combustible gases. For a confined space or excavation work, you need to check the oxygen level first because if its not between 19 and 23.5%, then its not safe to work in regardless of the presence of combustible gases or not.

I knwo there are many, many models out there already, just wondering if RIDGID has considered offering one.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

A couple of years back I was on a case with cracked heat exchangers. We had some where like 75% of the roof top units had bad heat exchangers. The guy representing the manufacturer went out and bought a brand new Bacharach Fyrite Pro to test the indoor environment. When he arrived at the site I watched him open the box and throw in the batteries. He had a really excited look on his face when he was able to get a reading after he shoved his new analyzer up the tail pipe of his running truck. He was much less excited after I told him he just ruined his new analyzer and should order new sensors for it.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

aaron, here's the solution. Put it on Ebay or craigslist and then buy a Bachrach.
                      sigpic

Comment

Burt Bacharach puts me to sleep.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                        X