Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maybe it's just me...(Another Obama thread)

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
    You teach your kids the way you want and I'll teach mine the way I want. If you want to sell your kids out then you go ahead Franki. I wont sell my kids short like that. I teach mine to earn whatever you want and that there are no handouts, of course I'll always help out but they dont need to know that security is always there because I wont always be here.

I dont and won't get involved with someone who speaks racist comments, but dont forget, just as you and others preach this is America and we have the right to free speech as mean as it may seem.

I refuse to take blame for sommeone elses action. I only take responsibility for my actions. I dont owe anyone anything.
    I agree with most of what you said including the part about handouts. We wouldn't need handouts if we didn't have racists screwing things up with their pea brains. I will never sell my kids short, I tell them the truth as I see it and let them see racism and ignorance for what it is. God made all men and to insult and hold back some because of the color of their skin is an affront to God. I've got an uncle in FL who keeps sending me racist crap about obama. They have him dressed up like osama bin laden and compare his wife to a monkey, real brilliant stuff, I see it as embarassing to call yourself an American and behave like that. My wife and I both Italian Americans lost a child to a genetic illness, bad gene from her and bad gene from me. The result of too many of the same (Italian) people staying with their own kind. I came to believe that God in his wisdom planned for all races to come together as one someday. We are not there by a long shot, but I'd like to think we are getting a little closer every day. I'd rather have my daughters marry a hard working, faithful black man than a lazy, cheating Italian American. This may offend some of you but like the man said "this is America". I'll let you have the last word good or bad. Take care.
    Last edited by Frankiarmz; 06-10-2008, 12:03 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      I agree with most of what you said including the part about handouts. We wouldn't need handouts if we didn't have racists screwing things up with their pea brains. I will never sell my kids short, I tell them the truth as I see it and let them see racism and ignorance for what it is. God made all men and to insult and hold back some because of the color of their skin is an affront to God. I've got an uncle in FL who keeps sending me racist crap about obama. They have him dressed up like osama bin laden and compare his wife to a monkey, real brilliant stuff, I see it as embarassing to call yourself an American and behave like that. My wife and I both Italian Americans lost a child to a genetic illness, bad gene from her and bad gene from me. The result of too many of the same (Italian) people staying with their own kind. I came to believe that God in his wisdom planned for all races to come together as one someday. We are not there by a long shot, but I'd like to think we are getting a little closer every day. I'd rather have my daughters marry a hard working, faithful black man that a lazy, cheating Italian American. This may offend some of you but like the man said "this is America". I'll let you have the last word good or bad. Take care.
      I cant disagree with what you say either. I just feel equality is equality is equality.

Comment

I say...

Take it to Oprah!
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Masterplumb View Post
          I have no intention on voting for him, never have never will. For the first time in my life, I will be voting for the Republican Party.
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Aside from his policy positions, which I generally disagree with I didn't start out disliking the guy. At the beginning of the primary seasons, I would rather have had him win than Hillary (who I detest).

I'm not so sure now (of course it is too late). I think the thing that bothers me most is not that he has one kind of shady association with Bill Ayers or Rev. Wright, but that he has multiple. I do think some of the stuff that talk radio tries to tie him to is over the top (Father Pfleger who was a guest speaker at his church is way too tenuous a connection for me). The most damning one though is that his wife things American is "mean" and she has never been proud of her country in her adult life. I don't think that those things can easily be explained away, and I doubt that if this is the company he keeps he would think much different.

Comment

Who knows?
              Maybe he'd be a good president for the 57 states...never know.

I forgot about this one, there's no way it was doctored:

YouTube - Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States

L A Times article on it:
              Barack Obama wants to be president of these 57 United States | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

George W's inability to pronounce the word "nuclear" bugged me a little, but we gotta draw the line somewhere.

Comment

I don't normally talk politics on forums but I will say there are some good points on both sides.

My mother-in-law votes republican because her husband tells her to, My brother-in-law votes democrat because his wife tells him to. My wife votes with her heart and gut and I have to say I screwed up in MY opinion and voted for Bush last time. But still like McCain so far this time. It could change yet but right now am undecided.

My point is I think it good people have this talk to learn as long as they learn by reading and investigating it themselves.

shup

Comment

I agree that open discussion and exchange is good but when it comes down to policy and promises neither candidate will secure our borders. I don't know if obama can bring our troops home, and as for our economy what will it take to turn it around? I'm not happy with either of these guys. I'm sure as the election grows closer we will hear more of what they think will win votes, too bad they can't be held to those campaign promises.

Comment

NOT voting for obama is a no-brainer.
                    Would you vote for someone who was a member of the KKK for 20 years? Then why would you vote obama?
                    The church he belonged to for 20 years is a Anti-White, Anti-semitic church. They hate whites and jews. There is no argument about it, it is a fact. Look at their website, listen to the sermons that have been given at their church. They have honored the White hating, jew hating louis farrakhan. Why would any church or group honor the racist farrakhan unless they agree with him? Why has obama never renounced the church's racism? He is a racist.
                    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Think you know who this man is?

This possible President of the United States ?? Read Below and

ask yourselves, is this REALLY someone we can see as the

President of our great nation!!!!

Below are a few lines from Obama's books; In his words!

From Dreams of My Father:'I ceased to advertisemy mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when Ibegan to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiatingmyself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father :'I found a solace innursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosityagainst my mother's race.'

From Dreams of My Father:'There was somethingabout him that made me wary, a little too sure ofhimself, maybe. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father:'It remained necessary to prove which side youwere on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and namenames.'

From Dreams of My Father:'I never emulate whitemen and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into myfather's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all theattributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY the Most Damming one of ALL of them!!!

From Audacity of Hope:'I will stand with the Muslims should the politicalwinds shift in an ugly direction.'
                      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael View Post
                        NOT voting for obama is a no-brainer.
                        Would you vote for someone who was a member of the KKK for 20 years? Then why would you vote obama?
                        The church he belonged to for 20 years is a Anti-White, Anti-semitic church. They hate whites and jews. There is no argument about it, it is a fact. Look at their website, listen to the sermons that have been given at their church. They have honored the White hating, jew hating louis farrakhan. Why would any church or group honor the racist farrakhan unless they agree with him? Why has obama never renounced the church's racism? He is a racist.
                        You are entitled to your opinion, but since you asked a question I'll give you my answer. I will probably vote for obama unless mccain changes his mind on keeping us in iraq or securing our borders. They both are useless when it comes to securing our borders. I remember listening to a speech by farrakhan back in the 70's when he referred to whites as "that sick pale thing", without a doubt a racist. I think they like him or tolerate him because he is controversial, can motivate people and has some good in his message of hate. I know that may sound ridiculous but in between insulting whites and accusing jews he encourages blacks to better themselves and their situation. I don't like him and feel he could get the good message out without the poison of racism. Rev. wright stirs up his congregation and draws heat when he insults our country, but it is a country he served in uniform unlike many of his detractors. McCain has his own group of mental case supporters that bring him down like a rock. All I'm looking for is a president who will keep some of his campaign promises and do us some good unlike President Bush. I'm not blaming Bush for all the ills of our country but wasting a trillion dollars in iraq is sickminded, saying illegals are doing a great job here is insulting to all the out of work Americans. We need a change of direction for the better, not more of the same. If elected will obama steer us further into ruin? Will McCain waste more money and sacrifice more brave American lives? Seems that either way we lose. Why can't we have a candidate who will secure our borders, resolve the twenty million plus illegals living here, get us out of iraq and let Israel deal with iran, put a stop to this ethanol bull...t and undo the damage of NAFTA? Tall order which no one is going to fill.

Comment

It's funny I would have voted for Hillary over Obama but it is because months ago I said electing Obama would be like electing Jimmy Carter. Now it seems McCain is saying the same thing. The Carter years were the worst years of my life. It was illegal for an employer to give employees a raise (wage freeze), we waited an hour plus to buy gas, we were forced to buy on either an even day or an odd day depending on our plates and our mortgage rates were higher than what is considered a high credit card rate today. I am convinced Obama will bring us back to the same things.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Why have we raised the office of the President to near god like status. You could put a chimpanzee in the oval office and it would'nt make a difference if congress did'nt have their heads up their asses. It's not Bush and though I had no respect for the man it was'nt Clinton either. It's the boneheads in the senate and congress that have screwed been screwing us.
                            sigpic

Comment

Please disregard the typo And figure it out for yourself
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                                It's funny I would have voted for Hillary over Obama but it is because months ago I said electing Obama would be like electing Jimmy Carter. Now it seems McCain is saying the same thing. The Carter years were the worst years of my life. It was illegal for an employer to give employees a raise (wage freeze), we waited an hour plus to buy gas, we were forced to buy on either an even day or an odd day depending on our plates and our mortgage rates were higher than what is considered a high credit card rate today. I am convinced Obama will bring us back to the same things.

Mark
                                I remember those days and they were horrible, don't want to ever see them repeated. Yet today we are living another nightmare, go right ahead and buy gas without waiting on line just cough up five dollars a gallon! Feel free to try and get a raise, won't help you when we are seeing double digit inflation. I hate to think what this coming winter will bring because I can't afford five or six dollar heating oil. McCain can compare obama to carter all he wants, it is the failure of our most recent and current President that is freshest in our minds and wallets. Like I said they both offer little hope, I just think McCain offers the least potential for a good change but I would hate to be wrong! Can we really think that either candidate will make all these problems go away?

Comment

Working...
                                X